Not open for further replies.

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Well I guess it is a stroker

E15D5E4B-9809-4112-8363-A1831236625A.jpeg

0DBD74CC-3AD2-43A3-ABCF-9DB1463C979C.jpeg

552 ft lbs would sure sound like a stroker! Looks like its lacking in airflow too

aren't the rpm points a little strange ?
the 1st 6 are only 11 rpms apart and goes backwards in rpm at one point
even for a stroker 318 be a minimum 1.39 lbs-ft per cid seems pretty high

aren't the rpm points a little strange ?
the 1st 6 are only 11 rpms apart and goes backwards in rpm at one point
even for a stroker 318 be a minimum 1.39 lbs-ft per cid seems pretty high
Engines on dyno's usually loose rpm when the dyno is loaded.

I’ve been trying to follow it as there have been lot of questions and few answers. But he did say it’s a 392 and posted this.

3A82676E-8118-4AA0-84BF-02B08B0BCF35.jpeg

Engines on dyno's usually loose rpm when the dyno is loaded.
could be normal but the rpm points seem a little random some are only a single rpm apart others less than 10, some dozens etc.. not at any regular interval, seems off.

Not that engines can't make 1.40 tq per cid, but I question it's authenticness.

For 12,000.00 it has to have a few good parts in it. I would hope so at least
At that price shouldn't it have ported heads maybe intake ? but if so you'd think it would be making over 500 hp especially with the high tq to cid. It seems to me be making the torque of a engine 30+ cid larger an the power of stock ish edlebrocks with a decent cam/cr. Plus peak power is pretty flat for about 1000 rpm and at low rpm like it's ran out of airflow.

*Skeptical* The HP is nearly the same from 4776 - 5483 RPM. I've never seen that before.

Last edited:
Holy Grail ...teener...some people have plenty of R&D cash...

Look at the time log and then spot check how quickly they let thst thing accelerate on the pull. Anywhere from 800-2200 rpm/s assuming I didn't typo the numbers into my calculator. I'm used to seeing the rpm rise pretty consistent, and this doesn't seem that consistent.
I'm sure that has an effect on the readout (faster rate usually means lower figures), between that and starting at 3k when the engine doesn't rev past 6 makes me wonder what they're using for a dyno?
Seems like it will be a solid motor for the street! 500 ft lbs at 3k.. Should feel stout.

Claiming to have over 12,000.00 in it.
i could see that...
>stroker kit 3K
>heads 2K
>roller rockers 1K
>solid roller cam + timing 1.5K
>induction 1K
>pan, pump, windage 600
>misc other bits (dampener, gaskets, misc. h'ware, carb spacer, valve covers) 1K

there's 10. now, say those heads are victors instead of rpm's and there's another 2K. add in some work on the heads and manifold, maybe valves too, probably another 6~800 bucks.

then don't forget you have to throw down for machine work and assembly.

so i totally believe that number.

could somebody do more better-er with 12K? probably.

i could see that...
>stroker kit 3K
>heads 2K
>roller rockers 1K
>solid roller cam + timing 1.5K
>induction 1K
>pan, pump, windage 600
>misc other bits (dampener, gaskets, misc. h'ware, carb spacer, valve covers) 1K

there's 10. now, say those heads are victors instead of rpm's and there's another 2K. add in some work on the heads and manifold, maybe valves too, probably another 6~800 bucks.

then don't forget you have to throw down for machine work and assembly.

so i totally believe that number.

could somebody do more better-er with 12K? probably.

Do they make Victor heads that are magnum and would you use a dual plane on them and with that bore size.

Do they make Victor heads that are magnum and would you use a dual plane on them and with that bore size.
i saw 5 bolt valve covers and assumed they were LA, not magnum. guess i fail the parts ID test today.

to your point though, no, i would not use a dual plane manifold with victor heads. but people are weird, i'm sure stranger things have transpired.

question: what do you think that combo makes with a bigger carb and how do you think the numbers skew out from that?

i saw 5 bolt valve covers and assumed they were LA, not magnum. guess i fail the parts ID test today.

to your point though, no, i would not use a dual plane manifold with victor heads. but people are weird, i'm sure stranger things have transpired.

question: what do you think that combo makes with a bigger carb and how do you think the numbers skew out from that?

Lol I’m not a dyno number lover so I Dont know. I get a kick out of guys like this that post on Facebook. They either don’t know what they got or think they have a top secret combo. First he wouldn’t admit to it being a stroker, then he won’t say if the heads are ported. Won’t say if it’s a hydraulic roller or solid roller. I call it a girls post. They want to post but give no info. Lol

Lol I’m not a dyno number lover so I Dont know. I get a kick out of guys like this that post on Facebook. They either don’t know what they got or think they have a top secret combo. First he wouldn’t admit to it being a stroker, then he won’t say if the heads are ported. Won’t say if it’s a hydraulic roller or solid roller. I call it a girls post. They want to post but give no info. Lol
lolz. that's fantastic.

probably a hydro roller with how it's all done under 6K

like you, i'm not a humping any dyno numbers but i do find it a useful tool for data collection. the how and the why of when and where the power comes on and how that changes with each different input variable has always fascinated me.

550 lb/ft is stout tho. but the numbers just look weird to me.

So that is prolly around 394" (not doing the math... but should be close with a 4.0 stroke) Seems plenty stout... I have had so many people tell me that doing a 390 is garbage and you have to do a 408 or don't bother.. i don't see a issue with those dyno sheets if they aren't leaned on a bit :)

That's kinda what i planned to do with my 318, cept with trickflows.. wish i knew his specs..

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back