What have we become in 50 Years?

-

BillO

Reaction score
HIGH SCHOOL -- 1959 vs. 2009​
Scenario 1:
Jack goes quail hunting before school and then pulls into the school parking lot with his shotgun in his truck's gun rack.
1959 - Vice Principal comes over, looks at Jack's shotgun, goes to his car and gets his shotgun to show Jack.
2009 - School goes into lock down, FBI called, Jack hauled off to jail and never sees his truck or gun again. Counselors called in for traumatized students and teachers.

Scenario 2:
Johnny and Mark get into a fist fight after school.
1959 - Crowd gathers. Mark wins. Johnny and Mark shake hands and end up buddies.
2009 - Police called and SWAT team arrives -- they arrest both Johnny and Mark. They are both charged with assault and both expelled even though Johnny started it.

Scenario 3:
Jeffrey will not be still in class, he disrupts other students.
1959 - Jeffrey sent to the Principal's office and given a good paddling by the Principal. He then returns to class, sits still and does not disrupt class again.
2009 - Jeffrey is given huge doses of Ritalin. He becomes a zombie. He is then tested for ADD. The school gets extra money from the state because Jeffrey has a disability.

Scenario 4:
Billy breaks a window in his neighbor's car and his Dad gives him a whipping with his belt.
1959 - Billy is more careful next time, grows up normal, goes to college and becomes a successful businessman.
2009 - Billy's dad is arrested for child abuse. Billy is removed to foster care and joins a gang. The state psychologist is told by Billy's sister that she remembers being abused herself and their dad goes to prison. Billy's mom has an affair with the psychologist.

Scenario 5:
Mark gets a headache and takes some aspirin to school.
1959 - Mark shares his aspirin with the Principal out on the smoking dock.
2009 - The police are called and Mark is expelled from school for drug violations. His car is then searched for drugs and weapons.

Scenario 6:
Pedro fails high school English.
1959 - Pedro goes to summer school, passes English and goes to college.
2009 - Pedro's cause is taken up by state. Newspaper articles appear nationally explaining that teaching English as a requirement for graduation is racist. ACLU files class action lawsuit against the state school system and Pedro's English teacher. English is then banned from core curriculum. Pedro is given his diploma anyway but ends up mowing lawns for a living because he cannot speak English.

Scenario 7:
Johnny takes apart leftover firecrackers from the Fourth of July, puts them in a model airplane paint bottle and blows up a red ant bed.
1959 - Ants die.
2009 - ATF, Homeland Security and the FBI are all called. Johnny is charged with domestic terrorism. The FBI investigates his parents -- and all siblings are removed from their home and all computers are confiscated. Johnny's dad is placed on a terror watch list and is never allowed to fly again.

Scenario 8:
Johnny falls while running during recess and scrapes his knee. He is found crying by his teacher, Mary. Mary hugs him to comfort him.
1959 - In a short time, Johnny feels better and goes on playing..
2009 - Mary is accused of being a sexual predator and loses her job. She faces 3 years in State Prison. Johnny undergoes 5 years of therapy.

I'll say the same thing I said the last time I saw this... America has turned into a country full of pu$$ies!

Up until the mid 80's, my highschool had a smoking room for the students. And I remember coming late to class with blood up to my elbows from field dressing a deer and nobody flinched.

Good topic.
There's too much political correctness and over analizing these days.
When i grew up in the '70s, we were taught to respect authority and didn't get away with anything. If you didn't know english, you learned it, if you caused problems in school, your parents took care of it at home.
And you learned from your mistakes because there was consequences.
My parents would have been put in jail for the spankings me and my brothers got back when we were growing up. We never got disciplined if it wasn't called for and we deserved it. (stealing, talking back, disrespect, etc.)
The punishment should fit the crime.
Today? Hah!

I'll say the same thing I said the last time I saw this... America has turned into a country full of pu$$ies!

Well said J.R. Leaders of this country need to grow some balls. The scary part is that most of this has happened in 20 years. I remember getting in more than 10 fights during school hours and never once was suspended just paddled. I remember my dad picking me up from school on many occasions with guns in our jeep in plain view.

My girlfriend and I were just thinking of similar things very close to this topic. We are both 19 (Ill be 20 is 2 weeks) so we are I guess part of this pussy generation. Its so pathetic. I was in a couple fist fights in the locker rooms in high school, was suspended everytime. I did some dumb stuff but nothing to out of control. Playing with fire, burning things, smashing fire works to make them blow up...and if my parents caught me and my brother doing something we werent supposed to we got spanked, usually by hand but if bad enough with the belt. Granted I have never field dressed an animal. Hell I have never been hunting. Never in my family to do that, we always raced and that was it. So my parents never showed up to school with a gun rack in there truck or something. But being this is California were I live if they did someone would have a cow and theyd be arrested. I have shot many guns but never hunted. Does that make me a pussy for not hunting, I dont think so. Maybe to some though. But take into account gangs, here in Modesto its a real **** hole. My Dad is a police officer in Modesto, he joined about 2 1/2 years ago. And thats pretty much all he deals with day in day out, gangs. Sure theres the occansional demostic violence, guy beating up his wife, but for the most part its gangs. Who do this little **** heads think they are? They run around in big groups and jump people or use knives or guns. Real tough if you ask me. I was confronted by a gang member one night cruising. The dumbass was going 10 mph in front of a line of cars to be funny, so when it opened up into two lanes I blew by him. Which he, in his v6 mustang with a body kit, did not like. So he proceeded to get back in front of me and try and brake check me. Not the little tap on the brakes to warn you,"hey alittle to close buddy." No, full slam on the brakes and came to a stop. So I got out and walked up to his door and proceed to say,"you got a f@#*!%& problem?!" Then he replied with,"get back in your car white boy before by homies get here and f#@$ you up." I said,"if you got a problem then lets deal with it." He refused to get out. Just kept saying,"stupid f*&$&# white boy dont know when to leave." So I waited a minute or two the called him a pussy for not getting out of his car then left. He was mexican. Not to sound raciest but there all pussies, numbers are there biggest friend. Circling McHenry several times that night to find him and his buddies to have a little meeting with my slugger in the trunk. Going around claiming property that isnt theres by spray painting it red or blue. Flying colors out of there cars. Read this for instance and tell me if its "unusual punishment" that idiot knew damn well what he was doing when he loaded his gun and fired it at the crowd. Whats unusual punishment is the child of that dad being killed never seeing him again, growing up without a dad. Because some pussy hiding in a car driving by opened fire. He got damn well what he deserves. To rot away in prison with no parole. Ugh this gets me steamin. Sorry for the rant. But take a read.

http://www.modbee.com/local/story/887529.html

It's not the leadrs
Well said J.R. Leaders of this country need to grow some balls. The scary part is that most of this has happened in 20 years. I remember getting in more than 10 fights during school hours and never once was suspended just paddled. I remember my dad picking me up from school on many occasions with guns in our jeep in plain view.

It's not the leaders who lack balls , they have the balls to create this situation to control you through fear , it's the people who lack the balls to take these leaders out in the woods and dig a hole :wink::wink: . Growing up in the east end of Toronto in the 60/70s we had a thing known as the "Cherry Beach Express " if you were on the wrong side of the law sometimes they took you out on the Cherry Beach land spit and gave it to you good ,one night a couple of cops grabbed a buddy for no real reason so we followed them down there and turned the tables on em it was a long time before you heard of anyone getting the "ride" who didn't really deserve it . The point is people always expect the powers that be to correct the problems when they are the ones who created them in the first place and for a reason .The only way to change things is to stand up and change them ,"People should not live in fear of their government ,the government should be made to live in fear of the people,only then will you have a government that works for the people "

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759
US author, diplomat, inventor, physicist, politician, & printer (1706 - 1790)

What I said has nothing to do with our leaders. It has everything to do with the parents and people that are sue happy! People cry if they get a cut, they sue if they are a clumsy dumbass and don't pay attention to say something like a wet spot on the floor and instead of walking around it they walk right through it.

"Oh no I just got punched in the face and instead of learning a lesson and not being a stupid jack *** that deserves it I'm going to cry and sue."

"Oh god, my dumb kid just fell off his bike and bonked his head on the ground,. The world is coming to an end, I need to wrap my kid in bubble wrap before he even looks at his bike or skateboard" Guess what jackass, your kid is 12 years old, do you know what 12 year olds do? THEY HURT THEM SELFS IT'S CALLED GROWING UP!!!

"I don't want my kid to get sick so I will keep them away from the dangers of the world and make them wash their hands every 5 seconds."

"Hey mom, Thanks for turning me into a big pussy that gets sick at the drop of a hat and that is allergic to every damn thing on the planet, It's called building up immunities!"

John Wayne still put it best..."Life is hard, It's even harder when your stupid!"

Remember the movie "A Christmas Story"? Here is how it is today. This image is from today's paper:

SantaSafety.jpg
[/IMG]

Sad but true!
Went to school 60's/70's.
Was paddled ONCE in school, 2nd grade, guilt by association, they took every one in that corner of the room. Never in trouble in school again.

What I said has nothing to do with our leaders. It has everything to do with the parents and people that are sue happy! People cry if they get a cut, they sue if they are a clumsy dumbass and don't pay attention to say something like a wet spot on the floor and instead of walking around it they walk right through it.

"Oh no I just got punched in the face and instead of learning a lesson and not being a stupid jack *** that deserves it I'm going to cry and sue."

"Oh god, my dumb kid just fell off his bike and bonked his head on the ground,. The world is coming to an end, I need to wrap my kid in bubble wrap before he even looks at his bike or skateboard" Guess what jackass, your kid is 12 years old, do you know what 12 year olds do? THEY HURT THEM SELFS IT'S CALLED GROWING UP!!!

"I don't want my kid to get sick so I will keep them away from the dangers of the world and make them wash their hands every 5 seconds."

"Hey mom, Thanks for turning me into a big pussy that gets sick at the drop of a hat and that is allergic to every damn thing on the planet, It's called building up immunities!"

John Wayne still put it best..."Life is hard, It's even harder when your stupid!"

I agree,it's part of life and growing up.You can't protect your kids every minute of every day.They need to experience some of life's little surprises.I got concussion when I was 8 years old because i was playing in a cardboard box and fell and smashed my head,my brother lost all his front teeth in a bicycle accident,my sister almost lost her fingers when she stuck them in the mixmaster.This is called growing up!We all grew up and look back and laugh nowadays.Suck it up parents they're not gonna break and if they need a spanking then they get one!8) My .02

things have changed a lot since i graduated high school 7 years ago. i think cell phones are partially to blame. when we had a problem we dealt with it instead of getting on the phone and crying to our parents about it. and i almost always had a shotgun in my truck at school. you never knew when the need to go hunting or just shoot something would arise. we all cut the mufflers off our v-8s and drove like assholes. i got paddled frequently at home and turned out normal. i got a late start at drinking and partying at 17. we were never out to hurt anyone, we just wanted to have fun. now we drink beer and laugh with the cops that used to give us a hard time. this country is going down the tubes......

The reason why you can't take guns to school guys is because of incidents like Collumbine. Anyone remember that?
Personally I wouldn't want my child t be at school with some dude and his gun.

The one which really grabbed my attention was the one of Pedro and English. My wife worked in a "bi-lingual" school. Ummm, English is the language of business, so those who are fighting to keep schools "bi-lingual" out of political correctness, aren't they just fighting to keep these kids down? And their parents? Sure, they may speak Spanish at home, but teaching them English and staying with English in school means they might, just might, go home and teach their folks, right? Seems to me it's self-defeating to make these kids feel good about themselves now and ignore any future ramifications it may have on them later.

The one which really grabbed my attention was the one of Pedro and English. My wife worked in a "bi-lingual" school. Ummm, English is the language of business, so those who are fighting to keep schools "bi-lingual" out of political correctness, aren't they just fighting to keep these kids down? And their parents? Sure, they may speak Spanish at home, but teaching them English and staying with English in school means they might, just might, go home and teach their folks, right? Seems to me it's self-defeating to make these kids feel good about themselves now and ignore any future ramifications it may have on them later.

The highschool in my area had a required EBONICS class in order to graduate! Thank god the kicked me out after 6 months and I went to the alternative school, it was the best thing that I ever did. They kept me interested, called all the teachers by their first names, smoke breakes every 15 mins, off campus lunches, everyone got along with everyone because there were only 62 kids there at one time.

The highschool in my area had a required EBONICS class in order to graduate! Thank god the kicked me out after 6 months and I went to the alternative school, it was the best thing that I ever did. They kept me interested, called all the teachers by their first names, smoke breakes every 15 mins, off campus lunches, everyone got along with everyone because there were only 62 kids there at one time.

Again, by requiring an Ebonics course, doesn't this just give another "the 'man's' keepin' me down" excuse instead of looking to actually educate? That the politically correct are just a bunch of dumbasses who would cut off their noses to spite their faces? Or is it really to give a person a built in excuse if the individual fails, so he or she can still feel good about him or herself later by having a scapegoat?

Thanks to all the lames, under achievers, non english speaking, equal rights activists, liberals, ACLU, gay rights/pride activism in public, war rules of engagement, hate crime legislature, La rasa, sissy's, weak minded, haters of democracy, haters of capitalism, people that hate america so they stay here and fk it up for the rest of us, drug traffickers, and all the poor me types that drag us into further deficit by means of social programs out the ying yang...

I have to agree with you ramenth-our first agreement!!!
Ebonics is an horrifying concept. The end result can only be that it keeps people in their socio-economic group and in no way allows them to strive for anythig other than what they already know. It is a great example of the system failing the individual. How's that for a liberal!

-
Back