What is a 408???

-
OR 318 POLY

WARNING!!!!!

Sonic check any 318, Poly engine before attempting to go north of 400 cubes. Not every 318 or POLY 318 cam take a .090 overbore for that magic 4.00 bore size.

Also a side note .... there are larger stroke cranks available if you NEED to have more than what the 4.00 arm delivers. They will fit in a POLY engine just as fine as a LA.

What's the deal with Blueprint? A few years back, they had a terrible reputation with forums. Now I see Hot Rod Magazine pushing them. A magazine will push whoever pays them, but Blueprints rep was bad.
How are they so cheap? It can't be a quality build.
I'm a little late to the game on this thread, but I'm a Director at BluePrint Engines. Our company is, and has been a quality company, making quality engines, for years. I will 100% admit that a decade ago, BluePrint had some growing pains as the transition was made from a company primarily rebuilding engines with a performance division, to a true performance engine company, that produces, machines, and assembles engines all under the BluePrint Engines roof. We sell through Summit, Jegs, Speedway, Pace, and direct. We punch about 50 engines a day, and we strive to offer the best product, at the best horsepower per dollar ratio on the market. We also dyno test every single engine that leaves our facility, and we include a 30 month, 50K mile warranty. Happy to discuss any of our engines! or answer any questions about the company! Check out Engine Masters on youtube...those guys thrash on our engines, and its also a very educational video series!!

Didn't mean to sidetrack the thread, sorry :p just wanted to throw th eoption out there also, as in many cases, our short block, or long block, turns out being much cheaper than even rebuilding one yourself in your garage...pending what your overall hp goal is, and what parts you're reusing of course. best of luck either way

I'm a little late to the game on this thread, but I'm a Director at BluePrint Engines. Our company is, and has been a quality company, making quality engines, for years. I will 100% admit that a decade ago, BluePrint had some growing pains as the transition was made from a company primarily rebuilding engines with a performance division, to a true performance engine company, that produces, machines, and assembles engines all under the BluePrint Engines roof. We sell through Summit, Jegs, Speedway, Pace, and direct. We punch about 50 engines a day, and we strive to offer the best product, at the best horsepower per dollar ratio on the market. We also dyno test every single engine that leaves our facility, and we include a 30 month, 50K mile warranty. Happy to discuss any of our engines! or answer any questions about the company! Check out Engine Masters on youtube...those guys thrash on our engines, and its also a very educational video series!!
Who didn't see this coming LOL

Keep up the good work. too bad blueprint was late to the party, 450 + cubes are nice too !

Didn't mean to sidetrack the thread, sorry :p just wanted to throw th eoption out there also, as in many cases, our short block, or long block, turns out being much cheaper than even rebuilding one yourself in your garage...pending what your overall hp goal is, and what parts you're reusing of course. best of luck either way
Far as I'm concerned it's a 408 q&a thread and all's fair. doopdoop67 asked what's a 408? Good question, good feedback.

Hundred percent agree with you if you're not out here watching all the bad talker not to say there was any but it's just becomes fact if it's not rebutted.
Thanks! Figured we could mess around some lol. Every company has good and bad out there online. Also very important to look at the dates on the stuff people grave dig up out of the archives...if something is 10 or 15 years old...best do some more reading, or better yet, come to the source!!!

"You can't believe everything you read on the internet"
-Abraham Lincoln-

Thanks! Figured we could mess around some lol. Every company has good and bad out there online. Also very important to look at the dates on the stuff people grave dig up out of the archives...if something is 10 or 15 years old...best do some more reading, or better yet, come to the source!!!

"You can't believe everything you read on the internet"
-Abraham Lincoln-
J par aka internet supermodel....

Thanks Johnny. That all makes good sense. I wasn't aware that Blueprint went from general rebuilding w/a performance division, to strictly performance. The Engine Masters guys don't use inferior products, and I was a bit confused.

Yes, I took this thread off track a bit. But when Blueprint was recommended to the OP, I thought it would benefit him (and others and myself) to find out about Blueprint.

@SpeedThrills IMO, it was a worthy side track.

BluePrint, Jasper and ATK etc..., as well as the major corps (GM, Ford, Chrysler) are well known around at general repair shops. A few hot rod shops around here will use the replacement create program for speedy repairs to general people movers & minor hot rods.

-
Back