what is this car?

-

abdywgn

dismantler
Reaction score
_0601-Sonoma-Alumni_34-14860-scaled-e1677093652807.jpg

not the gull wing but the blue car in the back ground. I'm guessing it would fly with a very
mild small block in it.

Pretty sure that's a Morgan, but for giggles , (and to make sure I wasn't wrong) I checked out the Lotus seven. At one time they could be had with the Kent engine from a Cortina, and the base engine for the early Pinto. BUT! the seven weighs about 1100 lbs, ready to go. Caterham still makes a version, street legal in the US only if assembled from a kit (legal assembled in the UK).

I would think even a stout turboed 4cyl. would make that thing fly. I don't think I'd want to crash it though.

I would think even a stout turboed 4cyl. would make that thing fly. I don't think I'd want to crash it though.
I think the baddest motor you could get in a Lotus Seven was around 100-125hp, and even that was seriously quick. Can you imagine a 350hp Honda, Mitsubishi or Subie in one? Yikes! ( probably equivalent to a 1300hp hellcat). I think Caterham will sell you a 1500 lb version with 250 hp.

View attachment 1716058940
not the gull wing but the blue car in the back ground. I'm guessing it would fly with a very
mild small block in it.
It's a gull wing Mercedes coupe. 300SL Wow you guys are an embarrassment to Mopar owners everywhere. We usually know more about off brands than their owners do. :poke: :rofl:

He's not taking about the 300SL. He's talking about the blue racing Morgan in the background.

Actually, the Morgan came with a Trump 2liter 4, but it also came with the 3.5liter Buick/Rover V8, and that model was pretty damn fast. Practically no suspension compliance, however, so a rough ride. They essentially still make the the same car as the 1930s version.

He was asking about the blue car, not the Mercedes Gullwing.
:rofl: That will teach me to just read headlines and look at pictures. That little blue buggy looks like a fiberglass replica of a MG.

Here is one I am working on (mine) 1980 Caterham, Ford Kent crossflow, around 134 hp, It is a street legal go kart very quick, tops out alittle over a hundred. I figure it's going take me a year or two to restore it.

inspection_image_1.jpeg

IMG_5128.JPG

Morgan was what came to my mind first.

I likes me a Lotus 7 though.

Just to put "real" hotrodding in perspective, when I was at Navy electronics school in 68 a fellow classmate from Detroit showed me a photo of his early MG TD, with a 283 Chev. It would not fit inside the hood, so they left the hood sides off and just ran it "32 Ford" style, with the top pieces installed

mg-td-v8-5.jpg

Just to put "real" hotrodding in perspective, when I was at Navy electronics school in 68 a fellow classmate from Detroit showed me a photo of his early MG TD, with a 283 Chev. It would not fit inside the hood, so they left the hood sides off and just ran it "32 Ford" style, with the top pieces installed

View attachment 1716059171
I've got a couple little foreign cars with V8's swapped in.... but the ultimate huge motor in a little car is the 426 hemi swapped bugeye sprite. Completely insane.

-
Back