What one car did you sell that you wish you had back?

-

WildCat

Reaction score
the thread that shows OTHER cars people own, made me think of the cars I have OWNED.

Most of us have ONE CAR that we wish we had never sold. Mine I got to see for the 1st time in about 20 year last fall. I had bought a new boat so no need for a convertible. Loved my 4 speed car so no need for an extra car with an automatic so I put it up for sale. Not that I had to, it was paid for and I was not going hungry, Just STUPID. I have a long list of cars I wish I still had, but this is #1

cuda when I owned it
`71 `Cuda Convertible 383, AT, Curious Yellow, power top, 3"X11" brakes Bought it in `79 for $850.00

cuda now

the damn HOLE IN THE WATER I BOUGHT and decided I didn't need the Cuda

The guy that owns it lives about 50 miles from me. He loves convertibles and has several including another Cuda convertible, but he isn't interested in selling them. His grandson wants my old one.

4BBDCuda.jpg

Hoppicuda.jpg

Baja.jpg

70 challenger slant six auto with rusted quarters and trunk and a sunroof that was installed with a hot glue gun. I paid 800 bucks for it drove it for about 8 months then traded it for a 77 Lil Red clone with a built 383, 4 speed and 3.91sure grip. I still look at pics of the challenger and think that it would be "done" now. :angry7:

70 Challenger RT 383 Magnum pistol grip 4sp- owned it when I was still in High school about 1975- I was such a idiot- who knew at that time what they
would be worth these days.

Ive had alot that i wish i had back-69 L-78 Nova[396/375hp] 70 L-78 nova,70 Trans Am R/A 4 400/370hp -1 of 88,70 Duster 340 4spd w/A/C,70 Challenger R/T 440-6 4spd,dana,FC-7,#'s ,63 Belvedere 426/425hp Max Wedge #'s,now ive got a 69 Swinger 340 #'s ,90% done,i'll be running it @ the Pure Stock Drags this year as ive done with all the rest.

340 four speed black on black bone stock 73 challenger,
wait I think my 70 318 barracuda flat hood and clean lemon twist.
I licensed booth of these cars and owned the barracuda 4 years, and the
Challenger 2 years.

The T/A 383 rubber bumper car 71 Challenger Ghea int, over head dummy lights would be nice to have back $$$$$$ :toothy10:

Treva said the red 73 Challenger white vinyl top and int, A/C and drove it 5 years'. Raising children and doing it alone made it easy to sell these car's to make our lives better.:angry7:

The car I regret letting slip away was my `68 383-S Barracuda 4 spd. Fastback (Green w/ blk. bucket seat interior) that I TRADED for a `70 Cadillac Sedan de Ville back in `79. Yup: all stock, numbers matching car. No rot...all there.

Hey, it was just an "old car" back then! With the Caddy I doubled my gas mileage (this was back in the original oil embargo in the 70's) Sunoco 260 was getting expensive (.65 a gallon....) I was getting 7 MPG with the `Cuda. Besides, no one wanted to give me the $1,200 I was asking for it...... :banghead:

I had many that I now wish I still had. My first car, 63 Sport Fury Convert. with a 426 wedge. My second car, 66 Ford Fairlane GTA with a 390. My third car, which I bought new, 70 Duster 340 4-speed, B-5, B-5 Blue in and out, which I later put a built 440 in. My fourth car, 69 Corvette, L-88 427 4-speed. I had more, but those were the most desirable.

I would have to say my 68 Charger R/T 440 4 speed. Got in 82 on a trade that i had $200 into it... Keep it for 7 years. Like others have said, back they were just cars.

I wish i had a few back, but the ones that stand out were the 66 impala , and this mustang coupe that now lives somewhere in northern Va.... However, with out selling this car and a 31ft sea ray i wouldnt have the cutlass or duster, so as much as i miss it, i guess i cant complain.

p1000532pe8.jpg

p1000534hw4.jpg

my first car i bought from a teacher from cal campus was a car that they tested parts on for the chp it was a 70 440 intercepter with 27000 miles on it that was in mint shape just a kid didnt know i should of keept that one damn it sold it cheap to some guys that pulled the mooter thats it folks

My very first Mopar. Back in 72 I bought my first Duster. It
was a 71 Twister, Sassy Grass green, 318, and a 904. By now
it would of been a hemi Duster. Thats why I ended up buying
the 73 I got now. Matches it right down to the color. Only
thing now is I can't afford the hemi.

My 1969 Hemi orange 340 Dart Swinger. I paid $800.00 for it in 1978, the car was perfect! This is the car that got started in racing. I raced it for 4-years, I reinstalled a 90K 340 power train back in it & sold it for $1500.00! I sure thought I got to that guy. LOL! I loved driving this car.

'72 Duster,rallye red-white interior,that I bought new,and the '69 Vette I totaled. Wish I had bought it back from the ins.co. It wasn't that bad. My 88 yr old Daddy,still says the Duster was the best car us kids ever had,I'm inclined to agree. (Vettes-GTO's-Chevelles-Novas-Cuda-Camaro's-Charger-Etc.)

i would say my 64 dart gt 273/4speed. i had too many projects and something had to go.

Great thread to take you down memory lane another time. The two cars I wish I had back?
Charger Red '69 340 Swinger that I bought used 3 months old from a kid going in the Navy that his parents didn't want to keep the payment up on. Cruised and street-raced in SoCal in the early 70's. Got stupid later and cut it up to build it for NHRA Super Street (10.90 index) racing. Spent $18K and sold it for $5K after a divorce.
Triple-black '70 Charger 500 w/383 (originally LimeLight green with black vinyl top) that I bought from a young couple who were moving to Hawaii. Great looking car. Later traded for '69 Ford F250 when my ex and I bought our first house and thought I needed a pickup truck.
Looking back through 20/20 hindsight, both of those moves were so incredibly stupid but seemed right at the time.

1956 Chevy Nomad wagon. 1973 Gremlin Levis X

That's easy, all of them but if I had to choose one, 69 Super Bee, Trac Pak 4 speed, 440 with dual 4's and 4:10's. Lots of 4's, wonder if that's relevant.

Terry, ya it's a lousy photo

SAVE0010 (Large).JPG

This one...
70GTX.jpg

70 GTX, RS23V0E car, 440-6, Pistol Grip 4 speed, 4.10 Dana, Air Grabber, Buckets, Console, Tic toc, Lemon Twist Black top and gut.

No, I didn't put the hood pins in the hood. Previous owner did that mangle job.

I had a Hemi E, a few Hemi B's, and other 440-6 cars. That's the one car I wish I had back. Kick myself in the *** for selling it almost daily. It's my "albatross"! :angry7:

Not a Mopar, a cousin...70 AMX 390 4sp...bought it in '72 for $1800...sold it in '75 for $4700. Was going into the Air Force and had too many cars. I put a 65 Impala SS, 327 4sp., with less then 25000 on it, into storage along side a '51 Chevy Pickup with a 350 Auto...my mother sold them to a relative cause she believed his hard luck story..he turned around and sold both of them.

I have a list a mile long that I should have kept. The two that are tied for first place are the 66 Hemi Charger and the 70 383 Cuda.

WOW........This hurts. Ive had more than my share of cars.....3 440-6 super bees ,1 383 bee all 4 gears......2 68 R/T chargers...2 70 383 cudas...67 dodge R/T.+ numerous A bodies. I miss them all and want them all back........My favorite was /is my 1970 340 swinger.......kim...........

My blue HemiDart. sold it to a guy in Kansas around '02 & he just sold it to a guy in Conn.

-
Back