what proof do we have that 1969 383s came with chrome Valve covers?

-
No mention on window sticker... Rod
img011.jpg

The 69 383 barracuda that I have my uncle bought new. He said it had chrome valve covers. Also I have those valve covers. 67 & 68 GTXs with a 440 came with chrome valve covers also

My 1969 383 4 barrel in my Polara 500 convertible does not have chrome valve covers.
It was/is factory rated at 5 hp less than the HP 383 engines due to having a slightly smaller cam. Everything else on the engine is identical to the HP 383.

It is in the factory information available thanks to alaskan_tr

on The 1970 Hamtramck Registry Home Page

What is not clear is odd balls like mine that never had a screw hole for the heater hoses on The inner fender!

What's your angle Tony?

Last edited:
I never knew this. Thought only the Hemi got those

image.jpeg
are there any road tests or dealership pictures or list of what items the 383 package included?

Of course you already know it so guessing some 69 383 covers are coming available?

What is not clear is odd balls like mine that never had a screw hole for the heater hoses on The inner fender!

What's your angle Tony?
Mine has the screw hole & the bracket on the inner fender for the hose bracket & also the right valve cover has the hose bracket. Not sure why both

no angle,
just wanting to see if there is any real proof that the 1969 383 A-body cars came with chrome valve covers or not. so far i havent seen any posted here. the image you posted doesnt mention or show chrome valve covers, i see the chrome valve cover breather, but not chrome valve covers

so, is there any factory documentation or original road tests that show 69 383 Darts or B'cudas with chrome valve covers?

btw, 68 440 hp did NOT come with chrome valve covers,
only 1967 440 hp did

What's your angle Tony?

ive already checked the parts book, its not conclusive. doesnt mention chrome, but also doesnt mention high or low performance b-body left valve covers. i checked the 68 parts book too, again, nothing good to learn from

-
Back