What was your first concert ?

-

jimmer

Reaction score
:headbang: My dad took my brother and I to see the Marshall Tucker Band and Atlanta Rythem Section back in 1980 at the Arena in Seattle . What a great show I was 9 years old then . It started my passion for live shows !!

Molly Hatchet, around 1980-81 in the West High school gymnasium in Anchorage , Alaska. Had terrible hard seats but it was something new for me so it was a pretty awesome night.

Ozzy....Great White opened for him. Best concert I went to was his coming out of retirement tour. I seen him at the Mesa Amphitheater on Mischief Night......the night before Halloween. They tried to get him off of the stage at 10, Mesa has a noise law. He just kept playing for another hour or so....

Loudest was Jackyl at the Celebrity Theater in AZ. Was 4 rows form the stage....

Paul Revere and the Raiders at the Soap Lake roller arena, 1964. More of a dance than a concert. Then 1968, The Jefferson Airplane and Grateful Dead at the Filmore in San Francisco. Fleetwood Mac was supposed to be on the card but had trouble with immigration:) Good Times!!!!!

At Varsity Stadium in Toronto in 1972 or 73. Leon Russell opened for them. Trippy but fun

1st one for both me and one of my best friends was Judas Priest, Defenders of the Faith tour, probably around 82-3. Cant remember who opened....LOL Still a huge Priest fan!! Rob Halford can still wail!!

ZZ Top at the long gone Texas stadium, I was just a little bastillo maybe 5-6 but it was a good time with my dad.

showing my age here...... jethro tull and mountain in 1970, the aqualung tour at red rocks ampitheater............there was a huge riot outside because thousands went up there with no tickets to sneak in, back in the day that was pretty easy to do there.......ian anderson stopped playing his flute at one point because the band had quit playing due to a tear gas cloud that floated across the stage..........he says "damn, is it world war three out there?" all this started because a cop let loose a police dog on some chick that was trying to sneak in, after that all hell broke loose...............i still remember people on top of the rocks shooting pop bottle rockets at the fuzz copter when it flew over...........heh.......
higgs

Bad Company !! Running with the pack tour Lake Land Civic Center 1976 :thumbrig:
Or was it Pink Floyd at Tampa Stadium Animals tour..#-o I don't know!!
I was born in the 50'es and the 70'es was good to me :hello2: :glasses2:

At Varsity Stadium in Toronto in 1972 or 73. Leon Russell opened for them. Trippy but fun

Just seen him and Gerry Moss remembered me from 8 years ago when I backed him one time on the drums at the Blues Fest her in town, He opened for Leon Russel

Yes it was hot, SmallBlock and I enjoyed it big time, he has the sign
we nabbed off the road on our way home :D O took these pictures

Attachments

• Leon%20Russel%202010%20029.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 261
  • Leon%20Russel%202010%20023.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 245
  • Leon%20Russel%202010%20019.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 271
REO Speedwagon, Fall of '73, freshman year in college: "Ridin' the Storm Out!"

Jeff Healy open/ ZZ top Headline,Recycler tour 1991.Opening date,U.N.L.V.gym.Great show!

Three Dog Night, no idea how old I was, but I can dictinctly remember asking my dad who was on the stage playing, I was young enough to still be able to ride of dads shoulders.

The Travellers with Woody Guthrie in 1969 in Toronto I was 7 and on the stage for the whole show , they showed it on CBC TV and all my friends saw me it was my first Rock Star {ok Folk Star } moment .

Starship and Night Ranger, Wings Stadium, Kalamazoo, MI 1985. Think I still have the shirt!!! LOL!

-
Back