What you would like to accomplish before you pass away?

-
I don't mean anybody here, other than all of us!
I think we live life too materialistic. I have many things I want to see and do, but they don't necessarily rank as "to do before" I die stuff. I think I have already far surpassed my expectations in life. My children have grown up, semi responsible!, I have succeeded in the industry I work in and I have a home with a shop to play in. The kids are probably the most important accomplishment I think any of us can achieve in life. I guess the only things left would be to ensure I spend more time with my aging mother, 83, and the in laws who are going through tough times with mental and physical health. Sorry if this is too realistic, but I believe we all should step back from "the race" and appreciate where we have been and what we have already accomplished. Only then can we truly see what is left to add to our list of "important" actions in life.
I got to this post and was going to say I have already, But you took the time to write it out, X2 here here =D>

...........I want to cruise route 66 from end to end taking in all the famous sites.................kim........

I hear I also would like to travel Route 66 - the Lincoln Highway -the pacific coast highway and I'm currently building a car to do that.

Well I always wanted to own a Mopar. So even being unemployed this year I decided to buy my GTX, because you can't keep saying maybe next year. It might not come. Then we got the dart for the kid to drive. So even being poor as heck this year has been an awesome one. Haven't had any health problems YET this year. (prob shouldn't have said that)

You are right. I am speaking for those of us who are a little older. But if you who are younger realize that it isn't all about "keeping up to the Jones' ", then you won't be chasing the "materialistic" values we all seem to hold so high. Absolutely aim for the stars. As I said,I have succeeded in my career. I have attained a home. They are both good, but I guarantee you that raising my children successfully is far more gratifying, now that I'm there and realize it. You are young, go for it. But don't lose track of what really matters, family, friends and being truly whom you are. :D

Very Very well said! tmm

well I would like to give something back to the men add women that have served us for our freedoms and as it seems the worlds freedom, not that i agree with that, I am back in school, for the third time, working to get my Rad. Tech., takeing X-rays, and would one like to work in a vets hospital, two like to get a dog and do a thriepy dog for the vets. thats just me

I would like to leave a legacy behind that my family can be proud of. To leave my little girl with a nice financial cushion to help get her started in the world. I don't want anything for myself, just the satisfaction that my family will be taken care of. Perferalby with no debt so my wife can at least live nicely if something happens to me which in my line of work could be tomorrow when I go back to work.

I've been around long enough to do most of the things I wanted to do in life. I have 3 kids that are grown and doing well in their choosen professions, and 2 of them have kids of their own. I have my house on 4 acres in the country, all the toys I need, a great job that I thoroughly enjoy, and a loving wife who keeps me happy and laughing. And, I'm too old to die young............ damn, I've got it made in the shade.
I'm building a 55 Chevy 2door sedan for one of my daughters right now, so I'd sure like to get that finished for her before my birth certificate gets revoked.

Some great replies here.I have been self employed all my life.Other than settling in Maine.I would just like to RELAX.Or is that Chillax,Kevin.

was thinking about this just yesterday

I doubt I ever get done some of the things I wanted to do

now I have to think about retirement and disposing of some or all the crap I have

since I was 14 I have wanted a 61/62 corvette, came close to buying it 5 years ago, but with work decided not to. Have also wanted to have a small car museum & car lot

Now doubt it will happen. didn't win Powerball this week

don't want to have my daughter or step daughter have to do what I have done in the past few years. 1st had to clean out and sell the house I grew up in (mom is still here, just out of state and didn't really want to get rid of stuff) have cleaned out a house for an elderly couple in the neighborhood I grew up in, he passed away in Feb and she is in nursing home and their 2 daughters are WORTHLESS AS HELL. His discharge papers for WWII (pilot in B17) was going in the trash.

So my new before I die bucket list would be to take care of my affairs so no one else has to do it.

and if I have time, build a clone of my brothers 69 Dart GTS 383 auto, white, white interior red stripe, drive route 66, PCH and see the north east in the fall, train ride across Canada

All mine have pretty much already been said, but that doesn't change them:

Spend as much time with my son and my wife as possible.

Finish restoring 2 Darts.

Drive across the country, hitting as much of Rt 66 as possible, but just exploring all I can of this great country -- in a restored Dart.

Teach my son to be self-sufficient, to earn his way in life, and to fix things himself. Hopefully that includes restoring cars, but if not, that's fine too.

Make my son proud to say "that's my dad!".

All mine have pretty much already been said, but that doesn't change them:

Spend as much time with my son and my wife as possible.

Finish restoring 2 Darts.

Drive across the country, hitting as much of Rt 66 as possible, but just exploring all I can of this great country -- in a restored Dart.

Teach my son to be self-sufficient, to earn his way in life, and to fix things himself. Hopefully that includes restoring cars, but if not, that's fine too.

Make my son proud to say "that's my dad!".

Sounds like we have similar ideas. I have a couple of boys that I would like to see succeed and I would like to cruise into retirement with enough energy to build and enjoy a couple cars. I can see myself doing smokey burnouts well into my 70's. (I am 57 now) LOL tmm

Can't complain.

Great family, eat regular, sleep late, car hobby keeps me creakin'.

I owe the world a favor, or accomplishment. I just hope I recognize the opportunity when it goes by.

Or maybe just a simple legacy:

".....reminds you of 'ol Rick"

"yeah, he was a good guy........":angel12:

Attachments

• Ray's Disc 11-28-08_0175.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 98
Hmmmm,...

I bought Mom and Dad a couple of cars already,...

Done PCH, and Rt 1,....

Got a fairly new house and plenty of land,...

Don't really care about the lottery or all the material crap,....I'd prolly leave everything to the state, just to piss off my materialistic relatives....

A junkyard would be cool,...or have unlimited access to one,...

I want to see a sunset in Montana on horseback...

I want to see a sunset in the Alps on ski's...

I want to ride on an elephant, camp in Australia, and see a live volcano in person,...

I want to dance and piss on my own grave before someone else does....

I want me and Momma to live to be 100 years healthy,...

And I want to die quick...

Recently took in 3 foster kids-2 boys and a girl(brothers and sister). This is a first for my wife and me.Would like to see them have a decent childhood,grow up and succeed in life. I have always wanted to visit the pyramids ever since I was a child and is something that I hope to do someday.

Also would like to climb the Half Dome in Yosemite. If any members on here have ever been there they will understand how crazy that sounds.

I'd like to spend a summer cruisin this great country, do the Silverstate Classic, HotRod power tour, and at some point before I get too old, get my pilots licence.

I have 6 project cars, would like to finish them all so I don't leave my wife with a garage and house full of parts to sort through :eek:ops:

-
Back