Whats everone working on?

-
HawaiiDuster said:
Hey Sledge your Dart really looks HOT....literally :p At least yours is coming together, mine is still in a holding pattern :cry:

Hawaii....thanks....I don't get many compliements on the Dart due to its rough exterior. That is why I primered it....I got tired of looking at it different colors and it was not fast enough to be that ugly. I wish now the money I spent on the Chevy II and the RV I had acutally put into the motor. It would be a whole different ballgame then.

If I stay with the small block..then I want to go with a blower or turbo. Just to be different. If not then I will try to go with a 392" blown Hemi.

I am looking at the PAW kits right now and surfin some of the sites like Goodguys and stuff looking at Nostalgic class racers to see what is out there.

I have a problem with buying cars I don't need and wishing I had put the money into the cars I already have. I sold a Z28 about 2 months ago, I had only driven it about 3 times in the last year and can't remember why I bought it in the first place :roll:

Ive got a bunch of stuff to do. I still need to get my fuel cell in and plum the system. Move the springs in and mini tubb it. Right now Im cleaning up the rallye dash I scored at the swap meet last weekend.

I still havent decided on tire size yet but I want BIG !
I was thinking of stuffing some 30X13.5 M/T ET-street under it.

All I know is the Hemi scoop make my currant tires look small. :shock:

Fastback are ET street tires narrower than true slick? If they are not how do you plan on getting them under the car without going to full tub with new frame rails?

Yes ET streets are measured by section width. They are actually 30 X 11.5"

I saw that picture 3 times and didn't notice the hood scoops flying in the air untill you mentioned it

Working on my Carb Setup. Just got my Thermoquad back from DemonSizzler and need to get it mounted. Trying to keep her as stock as possible and still be reasonably fast when I need to be.

DARTSPORT said:
I saw that picture 3 times and didn't notice the hood scoops flying in the air untill you mentioned it

I didnt notice till you said something :shock:

Hell, I didn't vcatch it either till I saw Dartsport comment on it. I was awed by the flames coming from under the hood.

Sorry it was destructive, but gosh what a cool photo.

I didnt even relize it was a real pic untill sledge said somerthing about it, i thought he had doctored a pic with some flames to make it look cool.

Well i brought the bomb home from the body shop all new metal but looks worse that it did when i took her there, anyone want come help throw the drive train in and wire her up with me, Free beer and pizza just have to provide you own transportation :lol:

id come help chad! if u let me take that nice new ram in the trails to see what she could do!Oh and if i was in Texas!HAHA

come on Mike she aint no city truck it goes where ever it has to. When Craig come down we are going to go mud ridding and if he comes during hunting season he will get the grandest of treats.

I should know by the end of the week when I can get off this rock :roll: Need to get away for a while. You guys are lucky, you can just drive to the next city or state. If I start driving I end up in the same place in about 2 hours. This islands only a little over 40 miles across :cry:

Chads in the same boat he is on an island when it comes to living in Texas. New Mexico is his best bet or he will be driving all day. I live in the middle and it takes 6 plus hours to get out of the state at the nearest point. And with our open container law on the books it sucks to ride anywhere thats more than three hours away.

hey Tex this aint no Island this is an arm pit, the arm pit of the world, come on Craig and I will take you down to jtown for a run at the house of the rising sun and you can throw dow a couple of shots and call it good.

Just finished getting my bucket seats back into the Duster.... Not sure why someone tossed buckets for a bench but hey... Got the console in and jsut going to egt a bracket welded up so the Hurst sits up high enough in the console. Think I'm goign to end up buildign more of a bracket for the rear the consoel seems to shake somewhat when the car runs... :roll:

MidTexCuda said:
Chads in the same boat he is on an island when it comes to living in Texas. New Mexico is his best bet or he will be driving all day. I live in the middle and it takes 6 plus hours to get out of the state at the nearest point. And with our open container law on the books it sucks to ride anywhere thats more than three hours away.

open container law? sucks to ride anywhere more than 3 hours away?
**somewhat confused...**

Just installed my rebuilt 8 3/4, rebuilt the front suspension and installed big block torsion bars and XHD rear springs.
Tonight I lined up all the sheet metal and adjusted the hood and doors. :D

updated:
i should say im working on getting her for real road worthy.
i fixed the rearview, it just swung about when the car moved, but i tightened the screws on the metal plate that hold it and put it back on, all good.
fixed the turn signals, they wouldnt blink, then i started messing with my flasher, and i figured out that it was to blame, it would flash once, then the light would struggle to go off, but if you tapped it, it would flash and struggle again, so i grabbed the flasher out of my sundance, ALL GOOD NOW. i love getting all this piddly crap taken care of.

-
Back