Whats the most you spent on junk?

-
I was talking to a co-worker about our cars’ worth and a lady co-worker chimend in and said “ Your cars are only worth something if you sell them”

Actually, our cars are only worth what someone else is willing to pay us for them.

I've never considered any of the cars I've owned, used or new, to be junk. So never spent any car money on junk.
Years ago when we built a swimming pool in our back yard it seemed like a great idea. Lots of fun for a bunch of years. But now that the kids are all grown and out of the house I wish I didn't have the "cement pond" and all of the monthly upkeep expenses. It's no longer a bonus should I ever sell and now it will cost a bundle to have it filled in.

Years ago when we built a swimming pool in our back yard it seemed like a great idea. Lots of fun for a bunch of years. But now that the kids are all grown and out of the house I wish I didn't have the "cement pond" and all of the monthly upkeep expenses. It's no longer a bonus should I ever sell and now it will cost a bundle to have it filled in.

Read in many real estate publications that the worst addition that one can make to a home is add a pool, between the upkeep, additional liability insurance, etc, it can actually lower the resale value. My wife wanted to put in pool for several years, but thankfully the way our yard is oriented it would take most of our lawn and garden area out, which she really enjoys, so she finally decided against it.

I paid $4500 for what my dumbass at the time thought was a really nice 75’ V8 manual Jeep CJ5. When I went to go look at it, it was dark outside so I missed a crazy amount of mess on it. The body had more bondo than steel, and it had about 7 layers of paint over that. Not going to get into all of its problems because it would be a few pages. But yeah I definitely regret buying it. After driving it and repeatedly fixing the damned thing, and then almost getting killed by it, I cut my losses and sold it for $3200
View attachment 1715562663
Never again.
I'm sorry but it's funny as hell to read "for what my dumbass at the time". Lol.

Actually, our cars are only worth what someone else is willing to pay us for them.
It takes a buyer and a seller to make any sale. The seller has to agree with the offered price of the buyer to make the sale. If a sellers market he has the upper hand. Seems like we always have a buyers market!? lol

Damn 800? My wife is lucky if i take her out for a burger. Value menu or nothin. Thats car money lol
Never again. That was an ex that I spent that on because I thought that was necessary (I was young dumb and naive) I am just not as young anymore. My wife is the cheapest date Ive ever had and was a 1000% upgrade from that old junker...thats why shes my wife haha

-
Back