wife laid her opinion on me and i dont like it

-

crazybarracuda

Reaction score
my wife told me today she doesnt see what i like about the 64-66 barracudas. She says the rear window looks odd and the front end looks odd. That cut me deep since i have loved these cars since the age of 10. I need some moral support. i have an agreement with her that when the barracuda is done i will redo a 69 mach 1 for her or at least buy her one at that time. i really dont care for the mustangs since im a mopar man but hey to each their own

Everyone has there own opinion.Unless you put the mustang front and rear end on the barracuda,i think youll need to build 2 cars.

My wife dont care much for the rods at all,feel lucky she likes something.

i would buy any car she wanted as long as its a mopar lol

Tell her there's room in back to do the knick knac paddy whack......then wink wink, nod nod.....she'll probably run away and leave you alone.....but hey maybe she changes her mind and finally get's into it and get's it ....get it?=P~

Like I tell my wife " It's better than a cocain and stripper habit"
But back to the point, mine likes the 70 Chevelle's.

My wife says I drive too fast.Doesn't give a hoot bout my car.That's ok with me,I hate her cat!:angry7:

My wife has ZERO interest in cars and she doesn't understand what I like about my '66 Valiant. But occasionally I'll stop to look at some vintage muscle car thats for sale and she notices that they cost four to five times what my car cost me, so she at least understands that my car hasn't cost us the price of a new MiniVan.

tell her your friends think she looks odd but you love her too. lol and run. my wife loves the old cars. she cant wait for me to get to work on her 69 barracuda

well okay she likes my 06 charger but hates that i was putting work into it to make it more unique and she was against me getting the electronic exhaust cutouts on it but the other day she took it to work and used them. guess ill just build it and enjoy it by myself. she agreed that im allowed to drop some serious coin on it when the time comes to build my barracuda

Well the 1964-1966 Barracudas are one of those models there is no in between!By this I mean either you LOVE them or you HATE them.I have been into Mopars since I was 14 1984 and I have found either people LOVE or Hate this model.I think the 66 Charger is another LOVE it or HATE it.
Myself I love both the 64-66 Barracudas and the 66-67 Chargers..
Jim

When I was looking to get back into the car thing with a convertable, my wife liked the olds cutlas, cougar xr7, and the challenger /cuda. Thank goodness she had alittle cents.
She doesn't like my '65 barracuda either.

I actually agree... of the barracudas... I like the 64-65s the least. They really are goofy. I'm not saying I dont like them though. I still have a soft spot for those too... like every other A body! haha

My wife doesn't like the early Barracuda either and hopes my son will come pick the 65 up pretty soon (his inheritance). Now the Dart GT convert, that's another story. Get the darn thing done so she can drive it (she was the one who stripped the paint off!).

i bought my 64 b-cuda in 1992 and all i got from everyone (literally every person mopar or not ) hated it and told me i wasted my money..
now every time i go somewhere the mopar people tell me how cool it is...
my wife loves all my cars, and she like all cars that are fast..
she does have issue with the amount of time i spend on them but understands why...
if you like it build it.. if your building it for someone else you better be getting paid..
:violent2:

My Wife says they all look the same but I took her to a car show this summer and she said this fairlane was her favorte car.

I asked why, and she said because it looked feminine with the floral design etched in the rear glass.-go figure.

I love all the stories about having to buy the wife a "lesser brand" car after they finish their Mopar. Good thing our cars are a work in progress and will NEVER be done! :snakeman:

so reading alot of your guys posts you almost all women dont really care for the early barracudas. well i cant wait to change her mind when mine is done

My grandma tells a story of how they got a new 64 mustang when they first came out because Grandpa wanted one. She said she was very upset with him because she wanted to get the new Barracuda. She likes the looks better. She did get her way in 70 when she got a 318 Challenger.

ABodyBetty had a 64.5 Mustang I went to Alabama to pick up. It was hers in school. got it back up here, lockd up mtr no money! sold
She also loves the chevelles.
But the thing she likes the most about the mopars...........is I canwork on em!
Once the mutang breaks down (It will) she asks you what you think is wrong, just shrug your shoulders with blank look and say dunno, I only fix Mopar, call the ford dealer service or I can have it towed to the dodge dealer for trade in!

that stinks, I never found a GF that got my cars. Guess that's why I stopped dating and put my money into my Valiant that I bought. It's cheaper than dating, and every day I get a good ride :)

-
Back