Wife wants me to get rid of ride!

-
My wife likes classic cars and don't mind at all.... and no, I don't make her compete with them

When the wife and I got married it was in the wedding vows that I will say "I do" as long as she is ok with the cars and drag racing.

But see its like this. I'm 29, my beautiful wife is 28. We both have good jobs and we own a 120 year old house that were almost finished restoring. I have my duster that i restored and a custom harley that i built, and my willy's truck thats partially restored.

We are trying to finish paying off our student loans this year, as well as save up a rather large chunk of change to either buy a new house, or build one. So that alone is keeping me on a budget.

Now, a couple months ago I discover FABO and you guys have fueled my addiction. Now my lack luster duster wants to turn into a ground pounding competitive SCCA Duster. With the current situation, my generally understanding wife would rather me not drain our savings. SO that threw a wrench in my dream's gears, and if i want to build my car right this moment, i have to otherwise fund it. Hence, "sell the willy's if you want to build the duster up"

Since i am way more partial to my duster, the willy's is going bye bye in order to fund the duster. So, the more i get out of the willy's, the better. But keep in mind that the sooner i ditch the willy's the sooner i can begin updating the duster's suspension. So that being said, i don't know if i'm better off parting ways with the truck at a lower cost as it sits, or finishing the truck and selling it that way for more green. I'm not really sure what the truck is worth in its current condition, and the price for finished trucks varies greatly

Maybe we need to see a picture of the wife...in order for us to make an educated answer. Bikini pictures are preferred.

Start by putting feelers out for people interested in the willys,figure out what you got to get in terms of coinage and then figure out what it will take to get it sellable and if there is interests then go with which will net you the most coinage for the duster project....glad my wife likes cars/racing/Mopars...we go to the race track we seperate I go to the swap part she goes chks out the racing and the cars and we meet up after I've seen all the parts and she proceeds to bring me up to date on whos who and what cars are what,cant get her to shut up so I can watch the racing and then she's all pumped up for a day or 2 as she enjoys the hobby/sport and she always cheers the Mopars on...and she doesnt mind my projects/parts/cars...but the household comes 1st and her 'purse collection' lol....

What are you talking about? This is my hero.

mr-roper-o.gif

mine also

wife hard at work!!! sorry guys, 2 piece shots belong at the beach:banghead:

Attachments

• wife.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 353
the third wife said one day: " i'd like to have a convertible." i said to myself "HUH!???". few days later i drag home a 65 slant dart vert project. she says: " why did you buy that!???" i say, " you said you wanted a vert!" and she replies " NO i don't" HUH!!!???????
so after three wives i've decided the whole deal is hopeless!!! now i'm about toooo old for sex, to work on my cars, or to hunt a suitable female partner!!??
seems like John Wayne onetime said something applicable to all this but now i'm too darned old to remember what he said!!???? HUH!??????

all women wants there men to get rid of there cars or projects and focus on them,i know this over and over,hard to find women who don't mind if there men has cars or mopars,there very rare

Awesome!! I got a rare one!! :cheers: she even wants a FM3 Duster someday!!

But see its like this. I'm 29, my beautiful wife is 28. We both have good jobs and we own a 120 year old house that were almost finished restoring. I have my duster that i restored and a custom harley that i built, and my willy's truck thats partially restored.

We are trying to finish paying off our student loans this year, as well as save up a rather large chunk of change to either buy a new house, or build one. So that alone is keeping me on a budget.

Now, a couple months ago I discover FABO and you guys have fueled my addiction. Now my lack luster duster wants to turn into a ground pounding competitive SCCA Duster. With the current situation, my generally understanding wife would rather me not drain our savings. SO that threw a wrench in my dream's gears, and if i want to build my car right this moment, i have to otherwise fund it. Hence, "sell the willy's if you want to build the duster up"

Since i am way more partial to my duster, the willy's is going bye bye in order to fund the duster. So, the more i get out of the willy's, the better. But keep in mind that the sooner i ditch the willy's the sooner i can begin updating the duster's suspension. So that being said, i don't know if i'm better off parting ways with the truck at a lower cost as it sits, or finishing the truck and selling it that way for more green. I'm not really sure what the truck is worth in its current condition, and the price for finished trucks varies greatly

So why not sell the house to have money for another one?

sounds like the same deal she is giving you with your cars.

If you really wanna get rid of the truck, you should at least get it derivable. I think that way you can get more money for it.

Wife? Willys? Simple explain to her how hard is to come by another solid Willys! Then tell her, you on the other hand? Well you know the rest.

It's sooo easy to chime in on this one. First of all it's April 1st. so what needs to go... It's really hard to give a serious answer today. Leadfoot was the first to give the punchline.

But if that is a serious question, and your wife is as supportive of your time in the garage as you say, then it's time to seriously consider your options. - And before you can do that you have to also consider all of the related issues.

1) How much money you have in the Willys.

2) The link that Bad Sport sent you ( http://www.forjeepsonly.com/ ) sounds like a good place to assess the value of what the Willys is worth now, how much you are likely going to have to spend on it to finish it, and how much it'll be worth when you're done.

3) After spending as much effort as you have getting the Willys to the condition it's in now you're likely to have formed an attachment to it. How attached to it are you? - More to it than to the Duster?

4) Looking realistically at your own finances and other resources (such as time) are you likely able to afford to finish everything you want to? (including the house)

5) Consider how important this issue is to your wife. Is she just trying to be practical and reign you in from going overboard or has she lost interest in the car hobby? Maybe she's run out of patience with the build time already invested in the Willys and feels that a second project will result in neither being completed.

I got rid of most of my really good cars when I got married. (Hemi Superbird, '69 Sixpack Superbee, '33 Plymouth 5-window, '64 Polara, '70 Roadrunner, Dodge dually) I had owned them all before marriage. But I told myself it was time to grow up and focus on raising a family instead. The marriage didn't last. Within 3 years I was divorced. Do I regret getting rid of the vehicles? Yes and No. It'd be really cool to have them back but at least I can look at myself in the mirror and know that I'd tried. I put the marriage first.

My new fiancee and I have been together for over 10 years now. She's a good gal and she has no problem with me spending time in the garage.

be careful!!!! divorce!??? you sell the house AND cars. ALL your tools and parts! srgue over who gets the dog... hire lawyers, fight for months, couple years later,,, remarry her, pay for 2nd wedding, drag home a duster one dark night and try to hide it, she finds it... divorce city again!!!????? the list goes on and on.....keep the old house, it has character..... sell the damn truck and fix the duster.....

I will help you out ...I will give you $200.00 for the Willys $300.00 if you keep the Chevy engine out of it.

I'm not much for offroading or Jeeps. (cept maybe a Kaiser Jeep)

Here's what I would do. Get the Jeep somewhat put back together. Enough to run and move under its own power. Put all the glass back in, put the headlights/taillights back in, and just make it look a lot more like it won't take much work to get it going. That way, its out of your hair with minimal effort and an increased profit margin. That's my opinion. With what you sell it for, you should be able to afford beefing up your suspension easily to grind some corvettes down

Tell your wife the next time she wants to buy something she as to get rid of something. Problem solved.

Tell her the Duster stays and you will take the Willy to your girlfriend's house as soon as you clean out her garage....:blob:

-
Back