Winter time model building thread.

-
IMPOSSABLE!!! :-D

as far as hobby shops, the last one around here closed about 6-7 years ago and box stores stopped carrying stuff shortly after. Are there any 'online stores/shops'?
If you have a good book or magazine store near you, pick up a copy of Scale Auto Enthusiast, there should be a few online hobby shops and aftermarket suppliers listed in there.

Here is a Tamiya 1/72 scale P-47D I back dated to a P-47C and also used a Verlinden detail set.

100_4215.jpg

100_4218.jpg

100_4217.jpg

100_4216.jpg

Here is a Tamiya 1/72 scale P-47D I back dated to a P-47C and also used a Verlinden detail set.

What did the detail set consist of? Besides the obvious? Did you have to open the gun ports on the wings or did it come with wings which were opened already?

Yes, very nice Burnt. I have been thinking about doing another plane. It has been 30 years since the last one. I think it was a p-51?

The gun bays and side bay needed opened up and the detail set glued in. The detail set came with the gun bays and doors and the guns ammo and trays and the accessory bay on the side and a door for it. It also came with a cockpit too but the one that came in the kit was good enough so I saved it for another build. Some of it was resin parts and some was brass.

I have two more of the Verlinden detail sets to do. One for a P-39Q and one for a P-40N that I just started working on. They take some time and work to put in but do look cool when done.

Thanks for looking guys.

I have been needing a way to display my collection and being the cheap sob I am decided to visit my local Kanes scratch and dent outlet yesteday.

I scored this Basset curio cabinet for $70! It needs new side glass and to have some minor scratches buffed out of the glass doors and some touch up tlc but it cleaned up nice. I will probably add two more shelves spaced evenly. My Idea hase always been to do a car show type diarama and this will work out perfectly.

I think I got a deal.:read2:

DSC00016 (Custom).JPG

DSC00017 (Custom).JPG

DSC00018 (Custom).JPG

DSC00019 (Custom).JPG

DSC00023 (Custom).JPG

Congrat's on the great find homecloned :cheers: That is a 400 dolor peace for sure 8)
Dang man :clock: You have been staying busy!! Your Funny car is looking good.

The air plain is a peace of art burnt, how many hours in it ? 8)

Here`s a couple more of the Lancer, don`t forget to wipe off your keyboard when your done8)

Hello Here is a Hyper Pak Valiant that I did 20 years ago. Model-ed after Marvin's winning entry at Daytona. Hope you enjoy it.

HyperPacSideResized.jpg

HyperPacFResized.jpg

-
Back