XV Motorsports A Body Rad Support

-

GMachineDartGT

Reaction score
Anyone looking to do a nice chassis stiffness upgrade, I am in the process of doing this on my own car. This will provide a solid connection between the front frame rails, which can only improve squeeks and rattles, as well as improved safety. Anyone who wants pix, let me know.

i would like to see some. I got one from Magnumforce.com and have not installed it yet. Got it since it allows for coilover upgrades later on.

Would like to see how it compares to the magnumforce one.

http://www.magnumforce.com/store/de...BrandID=&Category=&SubCategory=&Search=&Page=

I think he is talking about the lower rad ugrade that xm makes:
http://www.xvmotorsports.com/products/detail/index.cfm?nPID=20&cid=40&cdesc=A-Body Products

Both look like good products. But of course we want to see pics!!! PLease post them up, and a review when you are done.

Also Burntorange70 the lower rad tube is 90.00. Not too bad, seems like XM is a pretty reputable company. But if you can do it yourself go for it. I don't know of too many places that mandrel bend square tubing but I am sure you could make a pretty strong piece just by welding one together also.

Got to love the comments. Nobody is forcing you or anyone else to buy anything. I will be posting the pix when I am done with my install. However, going forward, I will not be posting or contibuting to the board.

oh my god.. it was a freaking joke man. lighten the hell up already.

and seriously pete. you have 69 posts since may of 2006. how much do you actually contribute except to put on an XV sales pitch lately ?

there was a guy on moparts that posted him putting one on his charger. looked pretty straight forward.

It does not need to be square tubing and it most definitely does not need to be manderal bent. A pece of compression bent round tube will work just fine. The XV peice looks nice and should work well. But if you find a friend with a bender and give him a 6 pack you can have one, a round tube one for a lot less.

Petes been on a lot more lately. I for one would like to see the pictures.

Nothing but good to say about the parts and support from the guys at xv. Peter has went above and beyond to help me more than once. We all could benefit from there knowledge, and I would like to here what they have to say.

Here is a pic of mine.

rad support.jpg

Boxer, what did you do with your radiator. On my car the radiator almost sits on the bottom of the existing support. The tubing you have would require the radiator to sit about 2" higher and would interfer with the hood. Or would require a custom radiator.

Looks like he probably has an alum rad with side tanks. I have a convention style rad, so mine will sit a little lower, but be barely visible behind the spoiler.

dgc333, yes it was a bit of a hassle, I had got a large be cool rad and figured out it was to high. I talked to them and they said they could remove 2 rows (I think), and it would give me an extra 1.75 inch. They were reasonable and did it quickly, and all works great. I have put 1200 miles on it so far, man is it a blast to drive. I will get some pics of the completed car soon. I have been so busy with work and family stuff, haven't had time to post. Anything else, just let me know, take care, Ed.

Not to steal the thread, but does this mean that XV is going to start really punching out the quality parts for the A-bods, too? Not personally being an A-body owner (Jamison is, though) I've been watching what they've been doing for my E-body and would love to see them do the same thing for the other cars. So call me out of the loop if you'd like, hell even call me ignorant if you want to, but since I'll be the one helping Jamison go forward with his build, I'd rather see him invest in quality. Saw a few form fitting frame connectors at Carlisle, but they don't seem to have the same attention to detail that XV is putting into engineering and design. Like hearing that the A-bodies are getting that same attention now.

I for one dont know any metal works that would help me out with stuff like this. I want a nice shop at home some day when i can build stuff my self but for now im thankful that people put out kits like this. Im also looking into xv's automatic windows.

Got to love the comments. Nobody is forcing you or anyone else to buy anything. I will be posting the pix when I am done with my install. However, going forward, I will not be posting or contibuting to the board.

aw dude! don't let them get to you! you have a bad *** car that i love to look at! full on car ****. lets see some pics!

Here's some shots of the install. Once the valence, bumper and rad are out of the way, I carried a line from the bottom of the frame rail across through the support.

IMG_6880.JPG

IMG_6881.JPG

IMG_6880.JPG

IMG_6881.JPG

-
Back