You might be an "A-body owner" if......

-
You know you are an A body owner when you are seen taking parts off a V8 truck and some one asks I thought you was looking for a slant 6 starter

I love MoPar :cheers:

You might be an A-body owner if..........
You spend more of your free time on FABO than you do watching TV! :D
Of course when you aren't out playing with your car!

....if your car is 45+ yrs old but still works fine as a daily driver.:cheers:

@ entire thread:

Yep... yep... yep... yes... uh huh... yep.... yes.... oh ya.... yep...........

You might be an ABO if:

-- Your replacement speedometer hasn't been installed because you haven't fixed the wiper bushings yet...

-- You hate red interiors, but love your Boca interior! (for the 2-3 people in the world that still have a Boca interior)

-- Your trunk has more tools in it than your garage.

-- You fear bumps and dips because your tires rub, regardless of what sort of work you've done to your suspension.

-- You fear fast, tight turns because of the body roll, regardless of what sort of work you've done to your suspension.

:D

- CK

if you still cant resist 40 year old cars that dont run and are typically infested with vermin and critters with multiple levels of mold and rust but are irreplaceable in your mind :burnout:

You know you are an a body owner if you hear a "rinch" sound and know that within earshot* that another a-body owner has opened or closed his door, and you can almost guess the year and model.

*Earshot for this extremely loud sound is about 100 feet away!

You know you are an early a body* owner if on the way home with your new "barn find" that you roll down the window because you are sweating to death and the headliner disintegrates and the black insulation covers you in a thick dust that immediately adheres to your sweaty face, bald head, neck, arms, and legs. You wash up, and then later getting ready for bed, your wife asks, "Why is your butt crack black?"

*1965 barracuda

You might be an A-body owner...
If you are excited and can't wait to share the fact that you have acquired a 14 X 5.5" SBP rim. And if you under stand the excitement, your probably an A-body owner as well!

If you haul an aluminum small block bell housing from Pittsburgh, Pa through Chicago then down I-65 and meet a guy in Nashville who drives 2 hours to pick up at 8:00 at night. Then on your way back from Alabama, you head west at Bowling Green, KY across the Cumberland Parkway to meet another guy who hauls a truckload of 66 parts an hour to meet you. We all have that incurable DISEASE!!!!

When you find mint wheel well trim all the way around on a junker and you have no tools to get them off so you fabricate on the fly tools to remove them without screwing them up. Gotta get em before someone else does or before the dipshit at the wrecking yard smashes into them with his forklift.( I always find the good stuff when I'm 4 hours from home with no tools and the wrecking yard is closing)

You have FAR MORE than enough projects, but still look at almost every A-body for sale ad you come across!

If you walk right past anything at a car show powered by a small block chevy. OR If you're finished putting your rebuilt heads on and have it running 1/2 an hour before your neighbor with the chevy who started at the same time and is still adjusting his valves.

You get your super-bionic hearing on when someone mentions something like "a friend of mine has an old....

A. 340
B. X heads
C. Clutch-type sure grip

.......he inherited and doesn't know what it's worth and wants it gone." :D

6a00e54eebffae8834017eeb1d80e1970d-pi

- you have a wheel inferiority complex.
- you don't feel a big block is mandatory.
- you leave swap meets with empty hands, so you help other guys carry e- and b-body fenders out.
- you can only fit tiny tires under your car without modifications.
- one trip to the paint store and you've spent more than your car could ever be worth.
- you mention "a-body" to your friends and they start talking about Cutlasses or Grand Nationals.
- people ask what year your Chevelle or Nova is.
- your head hits the headliner when you go over a bump.

You find conversations about companies reproducing the 10" X 1.75 rear "bell" brake drums quite engaging!

I guess I am an A Body owner alright, a few of these applied to me. And I've only had my Duster since June.

-
Back