young gun 1968 dart

-
Congrats!! Looks like you have a great project going. Nice to see someone of your age doing it right. After all the hard and fun work will pay off.

Thanks I really appreciate all the comments.I would much rather be working on this then working on some Chinese plastic crap.

well... yesterday I went to my dads shop and we picked up a 1973 360 engine for the dart that came out of a challenger and has been sitting for 6 years. pics soon....

no updates yet.... helping set up for my brothers graduation Saturday and then a all mopar car show Sunday at foster motors

okay, so now that schools out I can finally get going again on the project. yesterday I stripped off all of the engine wiring harness except from off the trans and brake lines, I also stripped all the ign.wiring . I took off both fenders to uncover the rotten splash shield.I also drained the rad. coolant and jacked it up on jackstands and took the wheels off. pics coming in a couple minutes

did a little burnout with it first. :D[-(

Attachments

• duster7812 001.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 457
  • duster7812 004.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 455
  • duster7812 005.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 452
  • duster7812 083.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 446
  • duster7812 090.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 457
  • duster7812 087.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 456
  • duster7812 085.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 448
  • duster7812 084.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 449
  • duster7812 098.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 460
  • duster7812 097.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 449
well,today I got some more done. It is ready to be pulled. I will have to wait for 2 weeks though because Im leaving in the morning to go to the national event in new england dragway and next tuesday My dad will be going to virginia so I will be helping out at his shop. My dad will be racing a 1970 cuda in the super gas class. feel free to stop by and say hi . wish us luck!!!

I just got back and for our first national we did very good. We went eight rounds to the final three cars . I ran two 9.90s one being a perfect 9.900 and the other being a 9.905. we were able to take out the world champ last year and that was awesome .(ray sawyer) . In the semis the car just moved around and we ran a 92 with the opponent running a 91

Your making some great progress there Cole. Keep on marching brother.

I'm using a 73 360LA for my first build. I'm looking forward to following this and see what you do with yours. You probably know more than I do so it will be a teachable thread for me for sure. Good luck!

I'm using a 73 360LA for my first build. I'm looking forward to following this and see what you do with yours. You probably know more than I do so it will be a teachable thread for me for sure. Good luck!

Thanks to you too

ok.so update time, I started to peel off the vinyl top and all I can say is that we got very lucky!. No rust or rot at all, all bare clean metal , not one spot is bad.I stripped the car of all its weather stripping and a pillar trim, sun visors and the headliner trim. I also sprayed some temporary spray can primer on the rusted spots and I ran a magnet across the car and the driver side has absolutely not one spot of bondo,The passenger side quarter is filled with it, (I marked it up with a sharpie). I have some pics that im going to post up and I need some help weather the passenger quarter will need just a skin or a full quarter.

REMINDER: The spray can primer is just temporary, It will be sanded down before paint and a gun primer and sealer will be applied

Photos are coming soon

oh,and Friday me and my dad will be bringing it up to his shop to pull the engine,trans,gas tank and loosen all of the suspension on the lift

I HOPE EVERYBODY HAS A GREAT FOURTH OF JULY!

heres some pics:D

Attachments

• DSCF6262[1].jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 367
  • DSCF6252[1].jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 383
  • DSCF6247[1].jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 374
  • DSCF6244[1].jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 385
  • DSCF6274[1].jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 385
  • DSCF6288[1].jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 383
  • DSCF6292[1].jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 381
  • DSCF6294[1].jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 392
  • DSCF6300[1].jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 380
  • DSCF6299[1].jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 387
well,me and my dad had a great day! we first drained all fluids and unhooked the harness. we then dropped the drive shaft and pulled the motor and trans.we decided that we are going to scrap that because we don't want it hanging around while we try to sell it. we also loosened all the front and rear susp. and took out the shocks. I then took off all the 270 side trim and fuel filler neck and the front and rear bumpers.

Okay so last night i ordered right and left trunk/quarter extensions from amd. Tonight i will order left and right quarter skins from amd as well

-
Back