10.70 66 valiant 4 door

-
Go on you tube and search sean renteria, he has a tube chassis 64 valiant running 5.80's in the quarter....and its a 4 door.

I used to watch that car at Fremont Dragway (California) back in the eighties. It had a 273 in it, I have a picture of it around here, somewhere when it was a Super Stocker.... Maybe I can find it...

Actually i have pictures of the renterias car through all the different stages from factory door car to the pro mod it is now. If i remember corectly the father used to drive it back in the 80's. The one brother owns the largest or one of the largest farms on the west coast and grows the peppers for pace salsa. Sean renteria ( the driver) owns a body shop in california. My dad and i have both talked to him and are in the works of possibly buying a front body assembly from the company who made his fiberglass front clip

the engine shot here is right after i towed home from that mopar race. we cracked a cylinder head on saturday and our #8 cylinder was getting alot of oil dumped in it and foulin the plug out. mind you the temp at the track was in the 90 's all weekend and my car had been running 200 degrees all weekend long. so sunday after every run my dad and i were changing out plugs and i was entered in footbrake and electronics class . i have no electronics in the car if anyone was curious, all footbrake action here. anyways when we originaly had the cylinder heads ported the machine shop did not sonic test them to check the runner thickness. the oil feed to the rockers had burst through a thin part of the intake runners. sorry for the changing of subjects about the car but i do have a photo of what the car looked like when i first bought it before the owner towed it to the scrap yard. couldnt beat $200 bucks for it since it was swapped to 318 and had disk brakes up front

Attachments

• 168510_407917499260172_428905496_n.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 403
  • valiant og.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 411
Perfect 60's style race car.Modest looking,brutal performance.

I was pitted next to you at Cecil County at a test and tune last year with my purple Duster, I had some problems after my first (and last run) that day, you guys offered the use of anything i needed in your trailer, that generosity was never forgotten, this world needs more people like you and your dad. Glad to see the more door still kickin butt. I did see you running at the Grove during the Mopar weekend, I was in the 48 out in the field, never got over to the pit side.

I was pitted next to you at Cecil County at a test and tune last year with my purple Duster, I had some problems after my first (and last run) that day, you guys offered the use of anything i needed in your trailer, that generosity was never forgotten, this world needs more people like you and your dad. Glad to see the more door still kickin butt. I did see you running at the Grove during the Mopar weekend, I was in the 48 out in the field, never got over to the pit side.
yes i do remember that day. it was a test and tune. my dad and i try to be as helpful as we can to any fellow racer and even spectator as we have had times when we have needed theyre help. we let anyone who would like to sit in the car to sit in it and on a few occasions to take it around the pits. what was the problem with your car that day if you dont mind me asking. i am hoping to make a few more trips to cecil next year as i havent been there since that day.

I"m guessing I screwed up when I set the valve lash and had a couple exhaust valves meet the pistons and made a little mess, but we got it back together and all is good now, Hope to see you guys again soon.
Tom

I"m guessing I screwed up when I set the valve lash and had a couple exhaust valves meet the pistons and made a little mess, but we got it back together and all is good now, Hope to see you guys again soon.
Tom
yea i did that my first time to atco. didnt even get a full pass, shut it off as i passed 330, brand new lifter destroyed. i use a hydraulic cam and apparently i set the lifters just a tad to tight and blew the bladders out of them a few feet into the run. then the weekend after that i went to numidia and thats when i found out that my freshly ported heads cracked and only got one pass there. the story on those heads and just that year in general is just depressing haha.

These were the pictures that night at the grove. Mark
Hi if you remember I am the one that you let my grandsons play inside your car on a friday night test and tune.I told you about this site.Welcome and I hope you like it.We will be seeing each again.I am still working on the barracuda. Mark

Attachments

• DSC01048.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 342
  • DSC01049.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 326
  • DSC01050.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 332
I love your ride, and your passion for racing.
Helping other racers, and letting kids play in your car.
You sir are #1.

I have never met you but I can see you are the type of person, that is cooking hotdogs in the pits, and giving them away to anybody that stops to talk to you, because you are just in it for good time fun.

thank you all. we do our best to try and get people to WANT to be at the race track. just trying to keep people interested in the sport and prove that it can be a family kind of place to be.

thank you all. we do our best to try and get people to WANT to be at the race track. just trying to keep people interested in the sport and prove that it can be a family kind of place to be.

I admire your attitude and your ride!

That '64 is one nasty-looking A Body and runs as good as it looks!

Thanks for sharing; you made my day...:blob:

dart7510.jpg
pdvd_010.jpg
dart1010.jpg
20090910.jpg
image_preview.php
image_preview.php

This is my 75 dart 4 doors steet car stroker 451,3,55 rear end 255/60/15 mickey thompson street radial.Run 7.66 on the 1/8
I did not try the 1/4 but I guess run 11.60
image_preview.php

[ame]http://youtu.be/lgIgdsV7WCQ[/ame]
16112011.jpg
27052015.jpg

This summer i put new slick m/t drag 26"x8.5"x15 I hope to be 11.50 on the 1/4 not bad for a taxi!Lol!

well done mate love the 4 door

Tell us alittle more about your combination. Cam, pistons, etc. I've seen your car at the Grove before. A 4 door will usually catch your eye!

Tell us alittle more about your combination. Cam, pistons, etc. I've seen your car at the Grove before. A 4 door will usually catch your eye!
The cam is purple 557",Piston diamond forged,head 452 iron pocket port small valve 5 angle,intake rotten street dominator carb holley 850 dp.Tranny 727 stall 3800.Rearend 8 1/4 3.55 limited slip,stock suspention.The 4 door at the Grove is not the same.:blob:

The cam is purple 557",Piston diamond forged,head 452 iron pocket port small valve 5 angle,intake rotten street dominator carb holley 850 dp.Tranny 727 stall 3800.Rearend 8 1/4 3.55 limited slip,stock suspention.The 4 door at the Grove is not the same.:blob:

Im not sure what your saying about the 4 door at maple grove not being te same. Im the only 4 door valiant that races at maple grove. I have to find my build sheet. The engine was built by muscle motors in lansing michigan. 2 bolt 360 block out to a 4.030 bore. Forged eagle 4.000 stroke crank. Its only a street engine. I am actually in the process of putting my indy w2 heads back on since ive had them fixed. Ill look for te cam specs when i get home tonight. I have in car video and more pictures on my facebook page, if interested in seein them pm and ill tell you my name, although it is on the drivers window of the car

Still cool. The both are sweet. Love the brutal Wedge,tie pan/steelie look.

Do you have the specs of the engine and Cam? How much does the car weigh with or without you? Thanks!

It is just a pump gas street engine. Car weighs 3,050 with 5 gallons of fuel, 2 optima batteries, and myself in it. I only weigh 155 pounds. With the ported edelbrock heads ive been as fast as 10.66 at 123 with a proform 650 vacuum secondary carb. And the ported indy w-2 heads ive gone 10.52 at 125 with a quick fuel 950 race carb. I now use a quickfuel 750 race carb. 30.5 tire, 4.56 rear gear, and shifting at 6,200 rpm with 40 degree full timing in the humidity and heat. I know i shouldnt do that but its the only way the car likes it. Back the timing down to 38 and it gives me a boat load of trouble off the line. Ill run to the trailer in a few minutes and grab the build sheet. I do remember it has kb 8 1/2 hypereutechnic pistons, eagle forged 4.000 crank an the bore is 4.030. Ill get the cam specs here in a few and the rods. I havent had the indys on since 2010 when i dropped a valve, but in a few days here ill have them back on since ive had em fixed.

has she been gutted to get down to that weight ,mine goes 3550 i go 250 fat *** i am ,thats in full street trim

Check this out:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NM7nsGvInE"]2000 Horsepower 4-Door Plymouth Valiant - YouTube[/ame]

-
Back