10's on $5,000 ?

-
You start pricing valves and hardware plus labor it costs more to run iron heads.
I'm to stubborn to change now when I'm slowing my junk down anyway.
I was just say'n, we have no idea what that Duster runs in it's current state. It may not need the aluminum heads to go 10.99

Well, that could be a very big 'may'. Not raining on your parade, but it could also be an absolute turd.
How many cars are sold as 'runs, drives, needs some TLC? Or... 'running hard'? :poke:

Anyway... :popcorn: Keep us on the edge of our seats.
I made no claims... lol. Said what he said. Give me that car, and if it's not running like the cops are after it, it would be in short time :D

The one
It's about 6 hrs from me. I still work about 50 hrs a week, so I can't leisure on over today or anything... LOL. Besides, it may need to much to bring back to the street. But, I've reached out to him and we'll see... I'm just posting some of the possibilities :)
Send Jaba on a mission, he might buy it before you get a chance. lol

The one

Send Jaba on a mission, he might buy it before you get a chance. lol
Can he leave the yard yet?? He's iced in and still doesn't have his Ford on the road. It's about 8.5 hrs from him... lol

I hope you find the time to go take a look or at least keep the guy on the hook.
I think that car has potential and would be easy to make street worthy.
With that car you would be light years ahead, it's already setup for big block. offer 3500 cash. lol

I hope you find the time to go take a look or at least keep the guy on the hook.
I think that car has potential and would be easy to make street worthy.
With that car you would be light years ahead, it's already setup for big block. offer 3500 cash. lol
I'll see what his response is.... yes, it would put me light years ahead means it's already has a running 440 installed with headers, 8.75 with 4.10's, and it runs, drives, stops. So we'll see.

I find this post kinda interesting and adds some value to this post. It's a post about how fast have you gone with stamped steel rockers.

The 440 in my wife's duster went 10.97-98 at 3 different tracks last season. The car weighs 2,960 with her in it. Its a 440 with Kieth black pistons, out of the box promaxx heads, .533 lunati voodoo cam, stock stamped steel rockers, M1 single plane, 750 double pumper and a 727 with a good 91/2" converter.

Best ET with stamped rockers and hyd cam?

Trade me the Keystones for a dash and a fresh super street fighter converter.
I'll trade the keystones.... they are ok but not my favorite. But I don't need a dash for the street, I need headlights, blinkers, etc :D :D

I find this post kinda interesting and adds some value to this post. It's a post about how fast have you gone with stamped steel rockers.

The 440 in my wife's duster went 10.97-98 at 3 different tracks last season. The car weighs 2,960 with her in it. Its a 440 with Kieth black pistons, out of the box promaxx heads, .533 lunati voodoo cam, stock stamped steel rockers, M1 single plane, 750 double pumper and a 727 with a good 91/2" converter.

what gear, and what converter? You are really close to what I kind of had in mind....

That's in skrews neighborhood and just west of me. lol

Did you buy it yet? Lol.
:D Keep in mind while this project is going on, I have a 360 Duster that I'm going to make run with my son's Scat Pak, and a dual quad I'm installing on my 318 Duster at the moment. Busy Busy Busy - Fun Fun Fun :D :D
:thumbsup:

318 are you scared to swap a motor or something? You need another duster just to have a big block?...

You know??? In all of this, I didn't say in my opening post that it wouldn't be a small block that I use..... I know, I've talked about my BB SM heads, but I bought those long before I thought of this project. Let's just say "all options are on the table"..... But a big block would be most likely

So you're wanting to build an entire car to run 10s for 5K? Why not dump 5K into your present car and see how fast you can make it?

-
Back