1965 Dodge Dart Charger

-
Started to take off the bearings today on the drive shafts. What kind of tool can I use?

I have found almost one axle kit with new wheel studs too. Can hardly wait until it is finished.

Started to assemble the bearing, gasket,the new studs and the new plated nuts. The studs are NOS right hand treaded.

After the assembly I need to get the drum back in place along with the clips.

Added the kick-up bumper on the rear end too. Looks nice and shiny incl new finished bolts.

View attachment 002.jpg

View attachment 003.jpg

View attachment 004.jpg

Found the old gas tank pad. There are two marking lines on it on the backside. Does anyone know if these are possible to buy?

I started to add all the connections on the carb. How does the clip that holds the choke rod to the carburator look like? There wasn't any one on my car.

Any help is appriciated.

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 698
  • 001.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 686
Guess what? I found the clips for the choke rod in a box full of misc clips and stuff. What I found out is that this clips is the same as the one on slant six choke rod.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 743
  • 002.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 635
Wow, that carb is the frosting on the cake, just need the wrinkle covers now!!!! Nice job!!

This is the way the bolt and washer looked like that holds the rear bracket to the rear frame. It's the same bolt and washer on the resonator. I might be possible that I need to make new ones. They show a little wear.

View attachment 001.jpg

Hey, does anyone know how the power steering return hose looked like? I have one ribbed, one flat with no sign and one kinda wavy from my wagon which I believe is orginal. Is there paint on the clips on the hose? Mine was painted red!
Any help is very much appriciated.

Thanks for the input. Mine was too. Do you have the red clamps on the overfill hose on the filler neck too? As you see in the last pictures I have added the small washers holding the brake drum in place.

I flipped through this whole thread- nice job, Ulf. Can't imagine some of the hoops you Swedes/Scandanavians/"Squareheads" (mom's family is Norwegian descent, thats what they call themselves) have to go through to get these cars restored. Really impressed!

I flipped through this whole thread- nice job, Ulf. Can't imagine some of the hoops you Swedes/Scandanavians/"Squareheads" (mom's family is Norwegian descent, thats what they call themselves) have to go through to get these cars restored. Really impressed!

Thanks! Yeah, I know that sometimes I just go crazy not having so many cars to check out while doing this restoration. I guess that would be like you guys were doinga Volvo P1800 sportscar. Hard to find info. But thanks to FABO it works out real well. I've gotten so much info which is invaluable.

Now I need pictures on how the Carter AFB choke pull-off looks like. I found some on the Ebay.

Tonight while I was working with the power steering set up I found out that I have 4 power steering pump and one of them has the return pipe mounted 45 degree angle toward the filling pipe!!!! Anyone seen that before?????

This is the way the power steering pump housing looks like. Never seens it before!

Checked out the lug nuts for the Cragar wheels. These are the ones that I have. The one in the middle is the correct one with no stampings. The one to the left has stampings with 7/16" marks on it. The one to the right is the replacement for the wagon. It has the right lenght on the inner part but it's longer on the outside where you work with the wrench.

Question is;

Where to get new correct ones? Any help or suggestions is gladly appriciated.

View attachment 001.jpg

View attachment 003.jpg

View attachment 004.jpg

-
Back