3/8 sending unit $$$

-

Cudafever

Reaction score
Any body have a link to something cheaper then Year One!

$150. Just to get a small piece of 3/8 line to match the rest of my updated fuel line?

Thank You!!!!!
69 dollars..... that's, "half price".

I will have to fix the return line as its way to small. A hacksaw, drill, and swap in my bung, problem solved.:D

Edit: No free shipping, make it a 92 dollars unit. Still better then year one!

Buy a roll of 3/8" aluminum tubing from Summit or Jegs for $20 and make what you need.

EDIT: Oh sorry, you said sending unit...

Buy a roll of 3/8" aluminum tubing from Summit or Jegs for $20 and make what you need.

EDIT: Oh sorry, you said sending unit...

It can be done with some steel tube and solder. Need to be a little creative!

Anything I've read on the www seems to speak OK of "Vans"

www.partsgeek.com sold me a Dorman sending unit with the ring and gasket. $59.23-Check it out! p/n 692-152 is a 5/16 outlet.
Also bought Dorman 1.125" front sway bar with everything needed for installation (my car doesn't have one). $115 p/n 927-196
We'll see what the quality level is when I get them. Bought some Dorman stuff before- was happy with them.

www.partsgeek.com sold me a Dorman sending unit with the ring and gasket. $59.23-Check it out! p/n 692-152 is a 5/16 outlet.
Also bought Dorman 1.125" front sway bar with everything needed for installation (my car doesn't have one). $115 p/n 927-196
We'll see what the quality level is when I get them. Bought some Dorman stuff before- was happy with them.

I'm sorry to have to tell you. Dorman has been Chineseoated just like everything else. I bought some of their acorn lug nuts when I put the 'Stang wheels on the car. Just about all the end covers, which are cheap tin pressed? into the nuts fell out. I took them back and got a bunch of guff from O'Reallys, and basically, finally gave up.

Can anyone answer, what might be MORE important than the quality of a lug nut?

Just like so many old U.S. manufacturers, crap.

All seem to be made by same company.

Yup. I've only noticed one difference, and that is that some of them are set up for return lines, and some are not. I paid $45 for one that didn't have a return line since I wasn't using one. But as near as I can tell there are only two versions.

Other than that though, I would bet money that all of them come from exactly the same place, and none of them are made in North America. So, best just to find the lowest price unless you really want to support a particular business.

On that note, Detroit Muscle Technologies sells a lock ring and gasket. They're thicker, and made in the US. Worth the $15 to keep from messing with fuel leaks. I don't even use the stuff that comes with the sending units.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DMT-MOPAR-57-91-A-B-C-Body-Stainless-Fuel-Lock-Ring-Sending-Unit-to-Tank-Seal-/291250910837

I used to buy all of my tools from Sears/craftsman. Then the Craftsman tools started coming with "made in China" stickers, and I realized that most of the stuff I was buying was identical to the tools at Harbor Freight, just a different color and 2x the price. Sorry, but if I'm buying the same thing either way I'm going to get the lower price. I will absolutely pay more for US made tools and parts within reason if they are actually a better product. But I'm not going to pay more for the same Chinese stuff with a different brand on it, painted a different color, just to support a business that's trying to pull a fast one on me.

Went to Gastanks.com saw they had it for $99.99 and now I don't feel so bad :)

Attachments

• sending unit.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 242
I bought one of the $40. 3/8" ones off e-bay 2 years ago. It works fine.
Maybe I just got lucky?

Ted

I bought a whole tank and 3/8s sending unit off cl in CO for $40. Still waitin on my bro to ship it to me!! :banghead:

-
Back