315x60x15's on my 64 Dart GT

-
So, I worked on it for a while again this afternoon. It is once again on its 4 feet again. I think it has been almost a year on jackstands...WOW!

I also purchased a third member with 3.91 gears that will be going in the axle after doing the finish welding.

Any hints on setting the pinion angle?

I should have some pics next weekend, I will roll it out of the garage for some poser driveway shots.

Thanks,
OldMoparsRule!

Thanks for the response...I was thinking about -4 to -6...somewhere in that range. You confirmed what I have been considering.

I have been watching your threads, your car runs awesome! BTW, your pace in building your car has been incredible. Great work!

Thanks,
OldMoparsRule!

So, I worked on it for a while again this afternoon. It is once again on its 4 feet again. I think it has been almost a year on jackstands...WOW!

I also purchased a third member with 3.91 gears that will be going in the axle after doing the finish welding.

Any hints on setting the pinion angle?

I should have some pics next weekend, I will roll it out of the garage for some poser driveway shots.

Thanks,
OldMoparsRule!

It will be fun to see a photo of your progress. Those meats really make the early A's look cool.

I set my pinion angle at-4,car runs 11.20@118mph 1.57 60fts.:toothy10:

You're real close to 10:90's Scott. Great job!

Thanks guys,I,m thinking with that size of tire(315,s)the 3.91,s will drop drastically to about a 3.23 ratio.Keep that in mind.Could be a good thing for the street,but bad at the track.JMO

Thanks for the response...I was thinking about -4 to -6...somewhere in that range. You confirmed what I have been considering.

I have been watching your threads, your car runs awesome! BTW, your pace in building your car has been incredible. Great work!

Thanks,
OldMoparsRule!

What are you running for suspension.

Cal tracks? go about -4

Oh so you just checked it then, got it!

When I had the rear narrowed and had to relocated the spring perches,I got advise from Crackedback to set my pinion angle at -4 then weld on the perches.This weekend I snapped strap bolts and a strap,so when I get my new spool/chunk back I,ll be using U-bolts for holding the u-joints now.Will be drilling out the yoke holes for the bigger U-bolts.

When I had the rear narrowed and had to relocated the spring perches,I got advise from Crackedback to set my pinion angle at -4 then weld on the perches.This weekend I snapped strap bolts and a strap,so when I get my new spool/chunk back I,ll be using U-bolts for holding the u-joints now.Will be drilling out the yoke holes for the bigger U-bolts.

Cool Rob knows his chitttt! I was gunna recommend you talk with him!

I tried once to drill out for bigger bolts etc on the car, that flippin metal is VERY hard. Try to have it done before it all goes together. You WILL need a drill press for sure! On my new chunk I have the U Bolts on it 7290 U Joints.

Hey Guys,
My dad and I spent the better part of the weekend trying to get closer to finishing this project.

We welded on the spring perches at -4 degrees of pinion angle.

We added the 3.91 gears.

The axle is finally in the car...hopefully I can leave it in for a while this time...

Here are some shots from my iPhone. I am sorry, the car is VERY dusty from sitting in the garage for a year. I ran out of time this weekend to wash it. My driveway is angled down toward the garage, so it looks a little more raised then it actually is. I cannot go any lower with the 315's. True to SS springs, the passenger side sits 1.5 inches higher.

I have some finish welding to do, then bleed the brakes, reinstall the gas tank, have a drive shaft built, then I should be back to driving it again. I am excited to actually have it out of the garage on it's own suspension and tires again.

Thanks,
OldMoparsRule!

Right on! Glad to see it on the ground. Looks old school bitchen too!

Hopefully mine will be on the ground this week also.

Right on! Glad to see it on the ground. Looks old school bitchen too!

Hopefully mine will be on the ground this week also.

Thanks for the feedback. It definitely sits up in the back, like my car in high school with the hi-jackers air shocks...8)

I am excited to see how yours looks also. I will keep an eye out for pics.

Thanks,
OldMoparsRule!

Hey Mike,
Thanks for checking in. I am finalizing plans for the 440 that will be transplanted in. I have an old set of Jardine Early A RB headers that I will be running. I am looking for a BB727 transmission, then measuring for the driveshaft. In the back of my mind, I am hoping to drive it to the Spring Fling...We will see.

Thank you!

OldMoparsRule!

Any progress updates? Did you get it ready for Spring Fling?

Thanks for the inquiry. I drove it on the Sunday after the Fling. It is awesome to drive it again after a few years of being torn down. I did the swap to LBP in the front, then tore down the rear to match. I have to bleed the brakes once again, then put on a temporary muffler so I can drive it without sounding like the trash truck. The 225 /6 is loud with no muffler... ;-)

I will post some pics shortly.

Thanks again,
OldMoparsRule!

Thanks for the inquiry. I drove it on the Sunday after the Fling. It is awesome to drive it again after a few years of being torn down. I did the swap to LBP in the front, then tore down the rear to match. I have to bleed the brakes once again, then put on a temporary muffler so I can drive it without sounding like the trash truck. The 225 /6 is loud with no muffler... ;-)

I will post some pics shortly.

Thanks again,
OldMoparsRule!

Sweet!!! Looking forward to the photo udates.

Mike

You might have to wait another year. lol

...another comment like that and we are turning this car around and going back home :rr:

Yea, I will not get any awards for being the fastest mechanic around...Thank God this is not my day job.

OldMoparsRule!

...another comment like that and we are turning this car around and going back home :rr:

Yea, I will not get any awards for being the fastest mechanic around...Thank God this is not my day job.

OldMoparsRule!

You aren't the only one. Took me three yrs to switch out windshield and back glass gaskets. Still haven't got my stainless trim on yet. :sleepy2:

Great job on tubing your car by the way.

-
Back