360 or 318 which would you rather have???

360 or 318,which would you rather modify??

Votes: 210 76.4%

Votes: 65 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh…….. But you didn't get your answer or prove your point.

I told you, you wouldn't in my first post in this thread.

"Starting with a "stock" engine which would you rather modify for performance??"

That is the question.

The question was not "Is a 318 only useful as a boat anchor?"

The 318 is a fine engine. Maybe not the perfect engine for every build, but a fine engine none the less……

Your thread clearly failed……

No it proved 56 people are wasting their money LOL...

Oh…….. But you didn't get your answer or prove your point.

I told you, you wouldn't in my first post in this thread.

"Starting with a "stock" engine which would you rather modify for performance??"

That is the question.

The question was not "Is a 318 only useful as a boat anchor?"

The 318 is a fine engine. Maybe not the perfect engine for every build, but a fine engine none the less……

Your thread clearly failed……

I disagree a thread about fighter planes and waffles can hardly be called a failure

At the very least this thread is drawing some views.

I built a 318 because I had one with low miles and good bores/pistons. Only machine shop money I spent was on a basic valve job. If I was even thinking about a full round of machine work and new pistons I would go for the 360. As awsome and durable as 318s are, I havent seen too many 360s kill themselves the way some larger small blocks of other brands do.

And I think a 109 would smoke a p40 in the air. If you look up the stats, almost half of all 109 losses were on takeoff and landing because of the narrow track width of the landing gear. The engine in the Messerschmitt was true work of art and engineering.

But, I digress. I like 440's.

And I think a 109 would smoke a p40 in the air. If you look up the stats, almost half of all 109 losses were on takeoff and landing because of the narrow track width of the landing gear. The engine in the Messerschmitt was true work of art and engineering.
I don't think so. look up the 325th, 97th, 57th in North Africa. P-40's had an almost 3:1 kill ratio in the MTO against mostly the Bf 109F/G. also had a superior kill ratio against the Macci Mc 202. the Russians used it with great sucsess to against the 109 in the Eastern Front. another good read would be the Palm Sunday Massacre.

187 to 56,360 over the "boat anchor" i guess i got my answer...and to those of you that ruined this thread:thebirdm::thebirdm::thebirdm::thebirdm::thebirdm::thebirdm::thebirdm:

8 pages of people giving you a good taste of what you like to offer, when you post on others threads

Ok stroker 340, you may throw the insults my way now.

and if you would fallow in my foot steps..............this hole sight would be a better place.

Click BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzz

OK you got me on that one. My personal hands on experience with WWII fighters is nil. I just like the idea of 2000 cid plus supercharged engines than run on the equivalent of pump gas.

On the other hand, hair is gonna start growing if I dont get my car running in the next year or so.

sr71,
well I'll give you the engines used in the Bf 109 were a work of art, and could rival engines built today. think of it.. 1700cubes almost 2000 WEP horsepower, dual stage supercharged multi point fuel injected inverted V-12 with dry sump oiling all running on either 87 or 91 octane.way back in the 1940's. Germans didn't have 100 or 110 like the Americans.

now here is a work of art
a WWI liberty airplane engine in a speed boat!
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXS3GBRX1Ys"]YouTube - Liberty V-12 boat engine vintage WWI[/ame]

LOL..........

318, anyday, cuz while stroked is waiting for someone to assemble his, I have built two......................................

HAHAHAHAHA

Maybe he shoulda done a poll, what would you rather have if you were going to go as fast as you possible could, a 273 or a 440................

DUH

has anybody realized that the 5.7 HEMI has a 360 stroke and a 318 bore? (more or less)

8 pages of people giving you a good taste of what you like to offer, when you post on others threads

ok stroker 340, you may throw the insults my way now.

And if you would fallow in my foot steps..............this hole sight would be a better place.

Amen!

OMG! is this thread still going? Im gone for a couple days and now its at 5 pages??? WTF!!! Build whatever the hell it is that you want...Build what you have, what you like, what you want. what you need.....just build something, anything...get er done!

I think the pressure casting of waffles, given the precision of a waffle iron, clearly makes them the superior food.

The drop casting of pancakes leaves much to be desired. It's all the variables you deal with. Batter mix, pan warpage, burner leveling……. The list goes on.

I mean….. How often is a pancake really perfectly round? And the diameter…….. Don't even get me started on that. Hell, sometimes pancakes are 3/4" or more out of tolerance for proper stacking.

3/4"! How do you expect me to stack something like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back