360 or 318 which would you rather have???

360 or 318,which would you rather modify??

Votes: 210 76.4%

Votes: 65 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-
Status
Not open for further replies.
above 15000 feet the P-40 is an easy kill. below 15000 feet the edge goes to the P-40. mainly becouse it could out turn, out roll, out dive, out gun a Bf 109E/F/ & G. they both had simular armor plating. if the Bf 109K (late war) had experianced pilots to fly her.. it would have been a completely different ballgame.

they'd both crash and burn if stroked 340 was flying them LOL.
BTW, my GrandUncle on my mom's side is Adolf Galland. Don't
ask about the greek flag under my name LOL.

Atleast i'm smart enough to know a chevy goes in a chevy and a Mopar goes in a Mopar..hack...

Wait wait wait. A chevy goes in the GARBAGE and a mopar goes in a mopar!

Then again cumaros,slovas,shittvelles,and whorevettes always kinda looked like trash cans on wheels to me...

Atleast i'm smart enough to know a chevy goes in a chevy and a Mopar goes in a Mopar..hack...
thought this was about WarBirds.. it'd be nice if you would stay on subject

anyways, check this!:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITRLk9b9AcY&feature=related"]YouTube - DOGFIGHTS, P38 LIGHTNING VS ME 109[/ame]

Thats some good stuff. My mom works for lockheed. Always did like the P-38. Japanes called them the fork tailed devil.

Here is one of Lefty Gardner flying his white lightning. There is only a few left flying in the whole world. He would also race it. Fly her so low he wold come back with brush in his wings.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xB3m3sy3wPk"]YouTube - P-38 White Lightning with Lefty Gardner[/ame]

glad you have an intrest in WWII warbirds.. but just a minor correction
the japs called it "whistling death", the Germans called it the "forked-tail devil" ;)

318 for street / 360 for racing or pulling.....

I have a 318 in my 64 and it has been a good engine...
650 edelbrock carb
LD4b intake
340 purple cam
1.88/1.60 valves
windage tray
Dakota Exhaust manifolds
Mild port on heads

How about an R 4360. Thats right 4360 CID. I love me so e round motors.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm8y2t9m87I"]YouTube - Pete Law Takes Us on a Tour of "Shockwave" and "Dreadnought" at the 2009 Reno Air Races[/ame]

318 for street / 360 for racing or pulling.....

I have a 318 in my 64 and it has been a good engine...
650 edelbrock carb
LD4b intake
340 purple cam
1.88/1.60 valves
windage tray
Dakota Exhaust manifolds
Mild port on heads

do you have any pics of the dakota manifolds installed? what trans are you using auto or manual?

Some of you REALLY need to get lives:angry7::angry7::angry7:
as opposed to worrying which is better... a 318 or 360? me thinks you need to seriously re-evaluate your life.

but you should thank all the soldiers who gave their lives to defend your right to act like a tool.

anyways, I would prefer the 360. better all-round engine, more cubes, based off the 340, decent milage, and its cost the same as to do a 318.
+ the added bonus of more torque then the 318.. no matter what.

now back on subject. there some awesome warbird vids here:

http://www.rogerdodger.net/videos/ww2/14th_air_force.html

I like the 318, but then again I like triumph motorcycles with lucas electronics (prince of darkness) and my harley davidson, and think that anyone who wants to get more power out of there old tired 318 would be well advised to look for a running 360, but more importantly I find it interesting (while on the subject of british motorcycles) that no one has mentioned the spitfire or hurricane

Attachments

• spitfire-oz.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 102
  • 800px-Hurricane_IIC_PZ865.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 101
I'm a big fan of the Hurricane-> the Hero of the Battle of Britian. I don't care
much for the Supermarine Spitfire though.

as far as bikes goes.. I love my Suzuki SV

Both good Small Blocks! Dang this thread got JACKKKKKEEEEDDDDD!!! Always like the 318's owned a few of them..thinking of buildin a 360 this time! ..theres No Replacement for Displacement! or so they say!
..the war planes are cool and all but what are you guys 80yrs old??...talk MOPARS here! 8)

Both good Small Blocks! Dang this thread got JACKKKKKEEEEDDDDD!!! Always like the 318's owned a few of them..thinking of buildin a 360 this time! ..theres No Replacement for Displacement! or so they say!
..the war planes are cool and all but what are you guys 80yrs old??...talk MOPARS here! 8)

hey just trying to help out 340 by keeping this thread interesting
lets face it 318 vs 360 has been done to DEATH, its BORING

another favorite of mine is the DC-3, C-47

Other C-47s flew the Hump from India to China and back, carrying a total of 590,000 tonnes (650,000 tons) of supplies in all. These flights were often difficult due to severe winds, weather, and deep cold temperatures, not to mention enemy action. During one of these flights, a C-47 was attacked by a Japanese Nakajima Ki-43 Oscar fighter. The lightly armed Oscar was not able to fatally damage the sturdy C-47, and either in clumsiness or suicidal determination the fighter actually rammed the transport. The Oscar lost a wing and fell to earth. The C-47, with a great hole torn in its roof, returned to base.

http://www.faqs.org/docs/air/avc47.html

Attachments

• DC-3.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 137
Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back