360 street car Help

-
Hey Moper:
what code are the gaskets, and are there pistons that dont need to work my block (just buy and put and be on zero deck)...
Thanks.

ok, if you are using those parts... I'm not 100% positive on the intake closing point of that cam. So I guessed a little, but I'd go something like this: KB107 flat top hypereutectics. If the budget isnt flexible, keep the stock rods and resize with ARP bolts, internally balance it. If you can afford them, the K1 I beams are lighter than the factory rod and much stronger. It means the internal balance will be cheaper (no Mallory metaly needed). Have the block align honed, square decked to get the pistons to zero deck. On the heads, they need to have the chambers cut down to 68cc. That should give you 10.1:1 when using the Felpro performance .039 head gasket. You will also need to have the intake side of the heads milled too so the intake fits right. If you aim for 9.5:1 while using that cam, it will be sluggish, and have a poor idle quality. If you simply buy pistons and install them without verifying the chamber size, you will more than likely not reach even 9.5:1, even using the old battleship forged TRWs. That's how I'd do it.

The above parts, in a nutshell;

KB-107's and a .039 Fel-Pro gasket and open chambered heads will yeild at 9.8-1 IF the pistons come to zero deck.

I have had two engines with zero deck pistons and no block work needed except the overbore. Your block may vary.

Anyway, the 9.8-1 can be drop slightly if need be, but I vote against it. This will work very well with the MoPar cam and the rest of your set up.

The state of well being of the cylinders will let you know if you can use a standard size piston to drop in. All pistons can be had in the stock bore size.

In this days i am looking for a 4 speed A-833 for my car, which flywheel is the best for me.

A neutral or otherwise know as a internal flywheel is the best to use. These are stock on the 340 engines. The 318 and 273 also had them. There easy to get in the aftermarket as well. I would just use a stock replacement unit.

Most blocks are typically high, like Rumble said... you have to measure yours to know for sure. The standard felpro blue gaskets are .043 thick compressed. So if you're milling the heads, you can use the cheaper gasket and mill a little more...lol. I internally balance verything so the easier to find parts can be used. Any flywheel will work that way.

Most blocks are typically high, like Rumble said... you have to measure yours to know for sure. The standard felpro blue gaskets are .043 thick compressed. So if you're milling the heads, you can use the cheaper gasket and mill a little more...lol. I internally balance verything so the easier to find parts can be used. Any flywheel will work that way.

Is that the 8553 gasket? So buying the 1008 that has a compressed of .039 is pretty much not necessary.

On the flywheel, find a 318/340 and have the 360 balance put into it. I've even seen a b&M style 360 flexplate installed behind the flywheel by someone that didn't want to do the balance to the neutral flywheel. Not what I would do.

You may be into some expensive balancing if going with a 360 internally balanced set up.

Everyone has their preferred way of doing things.

I am new in this kind of topics ..i know something about engines but not a lot, i have a question, Someone can explain me about the balance of a 360, all of you tell me about internal balance set up,,,more expensive, are there another kind of balance (external).

HEY BOYS, there is the posibillity to buy a Victor 340 Manifold ,,,, with the combination i am looking for( 360 ci- 340 heads 2.02-1.60, 284 cam, What manifold you prefer victor340 or the RPM air gap for a street strip car.
Thanks

Hey boys there is the posibillity to buy a Victor 340 Manifold, is this better than my first choice Rpm air gap, thinking in my combo street trip (360 ci with 340 heads 2.02-1.60 , 284 mp cam).
Thanks

Stick with the dual-plane,you won't have enough cam to really take advantage of the single-plane..if you want a real street/strip motor more cam is needed.484 is a small cam...

A set of roller rocker arms and push rods, could work with my MP 284 hidraulic cam, could be a benefit with all the combination i am looking for.

-
Back