383/438 Build

-
Got a side pic tonight

20181017_164228.jpg

Car is done. Came out better than I could have imagined! My goal was keep it light and efficient.

20181023_152249.jpg

20181023_151857.jpg

20181023_151950.jpg

20181023_152007.jpg

20181023_152152.jpg

20181023_152208.jpg

20181023_152104.jpg

20181023_152121.jpg

And in case you are wondering why car is filthy underneath. It's cuz the last time I drove it, I had to come home 250mi in the rain.

I`m curious to see if the header bends coming out of the heads will work w/ those fairly long pieces already on the flanges. It definitely wouldn`t work in mine. But duster car bodies have always looked to have bigger engine bays than my 68 fastback. Yeah I KNOW THEIR SUPPOSED TO BE ALL THE SAME , BUT ANYWAY---------------
They ended up getting tossed to the side for new ones

And in case you are wondering why car is filthy underneath. It's cuz the last time I drove it, I had to come home 250mi in the rain.
That's filthy? Not posting any pics of my undercarriage. Great looking exhaust. I've really enjoyed your thread.

Oh fooey, I thought you meant the whole car was finished. Get back to work, spend spend spend!!! :p

I wish. When I get it back, trans and bell are coming out so we can setup the hydraulic clutch slave. Need to measure and have driveshaft made as well. Lot's of little things to do. But at least I can start it and listen to it, hahaha

Gonna be an awesome ride-bet it sounds downright nasty through those pipes. We just had our cruise night last weekend-this would've been a nice little departure to see from the typical rides. Not too many Mopars (other than new Chargers and Challengers) around here let alone A bodies...

Gonna be an awesome ride-bet it sounds downright nasty through those pipes. We just had our cruise night last weekend-this would've been a nice little departure to see from the typical rides. Not too many Mopars (other than new Chargers and Challengers) around here let alone A bodies...

I am hoping it sounds viscious. I had a similar setup on a foxbody with a bone stock engine with headers only and it sounded way more powerful than it really was.

Where are you located?

I live in Tuscola; it's a few miles south of Abilene on 83/84

I will definitely hit you up in the near future. I grew up in Abilene. Dad was in the Airforce, stationed at Dyess. Been wanting to go for a drive up that way

I also have a foxbody; an 84GT hence the screen name. I tore it down to the unibody last summer, but it hasn't been driven since about 2011. I let a guy talk me into swapping over from the blown 5.0 I did have to a 4.6 4V...you see what year it is...and the car is still without an engine. It's mostly machined I believe, just sitting in queue at the machine shop up in Wichita Falls.

I will definitely hit you up in the near future. I grew up in Abilene. Dad was in the Airforce, stationed at Dyess. Been wanting to go for a drive up that way

Oh yeah? Do you recall what he did? I first arrived here in September of 96. I PCSd out in '13 to Hawaii and left there end of '15 to South Dakota (Ellsworth). I retired from there end of '16 and came back to Dyess for a job with AFETS. So, I still work on base, literally across the hall from the office I left in '13

Oh yeah? Do you recall what he did? I first arrived here in September of 96. I PCSd out in '13 to Hawaii and left there end of '15 to South Dakota (Ellsworth). I retired from there end of '16 and came back to Dyess for a job with AFETS. So, I still work on base, literally across the hall from the office I left in '13

Air Crew Life Support. Got out in 1992, shortly after he returned from Operation Desert Shield.

Let's definitely meet up in the near future. I've played with 32V mod motors. Man they are complex, but fun.

-
Back