6.4/8hp70 project 67 Barracuda

-
anybody know if DIYHemi is still around ?
I've emailed them some questions, never got a reply.
I see their "community forum" but seems to have mostly spam replies only....

I sold the 300 so I'm ready to get the parts I need to start rockin' on this thing !

Pretty sure they are. I know they changed their name to Sublime Technologies, but the website still comes up.

And they posted a video just 8 days ago on YouTube.

No idea how to help make contact though.

anybody know if DIYHemi is still around ?
I've emailed them some questions, never got a reply.
I see their "community forum" but seems to have mostly spam replies only....

I sold the 300 so I'm ready to get the parts I need to start rockin' on this thing !
They are still around. They recently changed their name to Sublime Technologies due to some potential copywrite problems using Hemi in their name. Although, you can still find their webpage by searching DIY Hemi. They are also present on social media.

Sounds like a great project. I'll be following along. How about a picture of your car?

Thanks guys, I did message Sublime on IG last night and got some answers I needed.

I will try to get a pic of the car and post it ( nothing nice to look at for sure right now lol ) I haven’t touched the car in more than a decade ( except when we moved twice ). Been sitting in my back yard now since 2012 when we got this house.

Sounds like a great project. I'll be following along. How about a picture of your car?

Here’s a couple… dirty, neglected and needs to be driven again.

21A85221-AF80-4634-B036-372742AA3452.jpeg

A90FE1B5-ED8F-432B-8A06-CFC9941527EA.jpeg

does anyone have measurements for a stock radiator from a 2021-ish Charger? ( not sure what all years would be the same radiator )
I'm trying to see if I can use a stock 6.4 radiator, condenser and fan setup. ( I think I'll post this in the "Cooling" forum too )
I've asked a local Dodge dealer to save me one that gets replaced for whatever reason ( as long as its still one piece ) but havent got one yet.

I finally got the Holley oil pan, will be ordering the HDK system within the next few days and get the car into the garage now the holidays are over, so FINALLY going to get actually working on this thing !

does anyone have measurements for a stock radiator from a 2021-ish Charger? ( not sure what all years would be the same radiator )
I'm trying to see if I can use a stock 6.4 radiator, condenser and fan setup. ( I think I'll post this in the "Cooling" forum too )
I've asked a local Dodge dealer to save me one that gets replaced for whatever reason ( as long as its still one piece ) but havent got one yet.

Mopar Action magazine is doing two G3 swap builds and has shown a late model radiator in the front of one of them. They haven’t printed the article with the specifics though so no idea what they did to mount it or anything. But they sound pretty confident that it works.

This is a setup from a 2007. The only issue is if you try to use the factory transmission cooler the line outlets on the radiator are directly in line with the frame rail. I used the lower support from the donor also as it unbolts and cut it so it would not hang low. The lower support width matches the frame rails on the abody though

eb47ac1f-1804-4c70-a0ee-45dfd45f2736-jpeg.jpg

1caa719d-2c10-43e3-bf9b-da466e5b8e8c-jpeg.jpg

Any updates? I am particularly interested in the 8HP70 part of this project. Putting an Eagle 5.7 w/ 8HP70 in my '70 Fury vert C-body this fall.

Any updates? I am particularly interested in the 8HP70 part of this project. Putting an Eagle 5.7 w/ 8HP70 in my '70 Fury vert C-body this fall.
hi, sorry yes but not much, trying to get time to work on it has been a little more challenging than I thought it would be... life, who would've thought that would get in the way lol

I will post some pics later, but I did get HDK installed a couple weeks ago, last night after work my son and I separated the trans, today I will be installing the 6.4 if all goes well.
Then waiting for my brother to come help figure out the trans tunnel cutting to get the 8sp in.

my goal of having this drivable by summer is out the window...but I think I'll have the trans in by then at least.

Thanks...it can be very difficult to find the time.It's not like they show it on the fake TV shows for sure.The personal value these cars have to you means that no matter how long it takes, it's worth it.

Looking good! How did the 8hp fit the tunnel?
Not there yet, still waiting for my brother, he found rust in his 66 gmc floor/rocker panels, so he’s fixing that before it gets hot out, and I just got to getting the car high enough to get that 8hp under it

This is a setup from a 2007. The only issue is if you try to use the factory transmission cooler the line outlets on the radiator are directly in line with the frame rail. I used the lower support from the donor also as it unbolts and cut it so it would not hang low. The lower support width matches the frame rails on the abody though

View attachment 1716037313

View attachment 1716037314
I meant to ask, what are you using for the coolant reservoir? I have the 6.4 reservoir but it’s big and ugly, no easy way to mount/use it that I can see.

I meant to ask, what are you using for the coolant reservoir? I have the 6.4 reservoir but it’s big and ugly, no easy way to mount/use it that I can see.
Probably the same thing you have but I really haven’t looked to see where it may be hidden or if I will go with something else. It came off of a 06 Or 07 magnum. Thinking of trying to hide it in the wheel well
5B8CA134-84D9-4A42-86C3-D6DF5537603C.jpeg

hi, sorry yes but not much, trying to get time to work on it has been a little more challenging than I thought it would be... life, who would've thought that would get in the way lol

I will post some pics later, but I did get HDK installed a couple weeks ago, last night after work my son and I separated the trans, today I will be installing the 6.4 if all goes well.
Then waiting for my brother to come help figure out the trans tunnel cutting to get the 8sp in.

my goal of having this drivable by summer is out the window...but I think I'll have the trans in by then at least.
my 67 Vert project, 6.4 w/8hp70...did NOT require tunnel fab, but I am using RMS AlterK front end, no torsion bars, etc...I can show you how we did it if you are interested? Takes some minor fabrication...regards, mark.

Yes pics please!! And ANY tips for install.
I’m about to start the transmission install so that would be great if I didn’t have many mods to do.
Not sure what differences are between convertible and notchback floors/firewall, do you have a build thread? I looked and didn’t see one ( on my phone though )
Also don’t think much difference between HDK/RMS as far as engine placement, but never done this before so there’s that. Lol

quick update:
got more parts ordered- tti headers, radiator and fan assy.
picked up a complete 2001 Explorer 8.8 lsd 3.73 gear, disc brakes and park brake cables, even has new brake pads on it already, and drive shaft.
picked up new front spring hangers, perches and sliders from Speedway.
picked up some metal to make the trans tunnel "hoop" and trans mount brackets, my brother got sheet metal for free from his work.

questions:

1. for those that did not use the hemi coolant reservoir, what did you do with the heater hose that has the "T" going to the reservoir?
  2. what is that small hose purpose? (hoses', hoes, hose's)

I did order an oem radiator and fan for a 6.4, but also got an inline filler neck in case I need to use it instead of the oem reservoir.

questions:

1. for those that did not use the hemi coolant reservoir, what did you do with the heater hose that has the "T" going to the reservoir?
  2. what is that small hose purpose? (hoses', hoes, hose's)

I did order an oem radiator and fan for a 6.4, but also got an inline filler neck in case I need to use it instead of the oem reservoir.
so I found out the small hose is for bleeding air from the cooling system and will be fine to eliminate it. ( asked Dodge dealer shop foreman )
so Im going to use a different reservoir instead of the big ugly 6.4 one.

annnnnnd found pitting on the spider gears, so more money into the rear end it is

Following. Definitely want to see more on installing and getting the 8sp trans working.

-
Back