600 hp 318?

-
Interesting comparison! Thanks for posting that. Looks like the main saddles are pretty different to me. Reminds me of the differences in big blocks on the 440source site.

View attachment 1715790196
He also fails to mention, (or probably doesn't know) that the 340 main caps are thicker. And he keeps talking about his bore being only .090 smaller than a 360, (its .130 smaller than a STD bore 340) and how minor that is, but he doesn't mention you have to multiply that by 8 unless you have a one cylinder 318 or 340. And probably the MOST important fact missing, is that thick cylinder walls make MORE power than max bored thin cylinders. Remove all his rotating assembly, (and topend) put it in a 360 block, and it will probably make more power due to thicker walls and a stiffer bottom end.

He also fails to mention, (or probably doesn't know) that the 340 main caps are thicker. And he keeps talking about his bore being only .090 smaller than a 360, (its .130 smaller than a STD bore 340) and how minor that is, but he doesn't mention you have to multiply that by 8 unless you have a one cylinder 318 or 340. And probably the MOST important fact missing, is that thick cylinder walls make MORE power than max bored thin cylinders. Remove all his rotating assembly, (and topend) put it in a 360 block, and it will probably make more power due to thicker walls and a stiffer bottom end.
could be filled with hard block!

I'd say with the parts he claims to have just over 500 HP.
He's not getting anywhere near 600 HP with the Trick Flow head

I'd just like to see his 1/8th mile numbers, and a 1/4 mile trap speed. But I bet that never gets posted

I'd just like to see his 1/8th mile numbers, and a 1/4 mile trap speed. But I bet that never gets posted
listening to the guy, I'm not sure he knows exactly what's in the engine.
I'd be surprised if he made it in the 10's.

Who pissed in your Cheerios?
The guy has a nice hot rod and goes on YouTube to show it off and explain what he’s done to it, and you have to cut him down for it? Why?
I just called out his lies and bullshit is all

600hp? dreaming....If he's 3300lbs and runs 10.70's he's either 5 10ths off for 600hp or he's@535hp@10.70's working on ET, shame he didn't mention the mph no matter what size the motor is.
I ran the same car with an all iron 440sp motor back in the day with a single 850DP, same weight and went a best of 10.71@125mph=535fwhp.
It's a 408. Been mentioned several times now.

I did, and everything I have posted in this thread is based on what he claims, and the results. The car doesn't make anywhere near 600 horsepower, that's kinda the point of the thread, people make big claims but that pesky physics allways tells the truth.
Right! The drag strip will tell the tale.

About the only thing that may be a 318 on that engine would be the 318 casting on the block that he couldn’t show us. If it runs 10.50’s-10.70’s I think it’s a pig. So that makes him just another YouTube blow hard. 20-30 years ago these ya hoos had articles in the ragazines.

Why not start with a 340/360 and a 4.125 stroke crank. 430+ cube small block. 1.5 hp/cube get's you to around 645. Might be a bit more than the block could handle without some help.
Because he already had a 318. Iv watched alot of his videos and that was engine just morphed unto what is it today. He ran it as a 318 then kept adding stuff. I like it I think its the perfect definition of a shade tree muscle car build.

600hp? dreaming....If he's 3300lbs and runs 10.70's he's either 5 10ths off for 600hp or he's@535hp@10.70's working on ET, shame he didn't mention the mph no matter what size the motor is.
I ran the same car with an all iron 440sp motor back in the day with a single 850DP, same weight and went a best of 10.71@125mph=535fwhp.
He ran a 10.8 at 127mph. ^^^^

Doesn't sound that impressive to me, no dyno sheet and no ET time slip either so its all just B.S. basically and as is proven more times than not once these local legends hit the track and get that dreaded time slip they then slither off back into their hole as they are too embarrassed to try and explain why it's so slow. Also its not a 318, complete nonsense to even state it as such......it's a 408 period, makes no difference how you got there.
10.8 @ 127 mph with a 318
He posted it in the video above I just shared it. 10.8 @127mph i can look at the 1/8 mile if you don't want to watch it

It IS pretty fast, but it's not a "318" nor does it have his claimed "600-630" horsepower. I do give him extra props for the fact it's a 4 speed, that is BAD ***

upload_2021-9-14_7-40-20.png

Some of the Chrysler race blocks had 318 casting numbers on them. I guess if you built a big stroker it would still be a 318.

I need to check my block, it may be a 318. :lol:

Some of the Chrysler race blocks had 318 casting numbers on them. I guess if you built a big stroker it would still be a 318.

I need to check my block, it may be a 318. :lol:

Mine too. I should make a YouTube video. Lol And mine even has a solid lifter cam.

watch some of his youtube videos....the 318 is the best block...lol.....I need to sell the 10 340 blocks i have plus 15 or so 360 blocks....dam

i got one 318 assembled and it has a 4 inch crank....but it is a 318 cause it says so on the block.....lol

-
Back