"65 Barracuda Roll Call" just curious..how many of you have one?

-
Here's my 65...273 auto. My first mopar and I'm still trying to figure out exactly what I've got on hands

Attachments

• 8d56b4df-93b7-4767-8b66-43555ad83369_zpstjr0ixfd copy.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 412
  • IMG_0272_zpsautvd9u7.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 417
  • IMG_0283_zpsvr8s1zc2.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 390
65CudaJake. What you have is a great looking car that will garnish loads of attention everywhere you go. It's fun to drive. The thing I love about mine is you don't see these around very much. You go to a car show in my area and you will be the only one there. Enjoy!

Newbie here-just bought a 42,000 original mile 65 Rallye version 273 4 barrel. completely and totally stock, unrestored, running and includes multiple wasp nests

Attachments

• Compressed 65.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 426
Tax speaker, that is a gorgeous barracuda. Congratulations and welcome to the site

Nice car Tax, but the side moulding & stripes are totally & completely wrong. Hard to find a completely unrestored/unmolested car these days, people usually change something during those 50 years, personalize if you will!

Lets see a pic of that resonator (rear pic), cool when you pull up behind one and see that!

Cheers

'65 Formula S auto, silver with black stripe/interior. Sorry guys no pics right now will try to post some later. Car needs complete resto but is all there. On the back burner for now...
Mine could be identical to yours once I get a stripe, if I ever get the nads to paint one on.

Here's my 65...273 auto. My first mopar and I'm still trying to figure out exactly what I've got on hands

Jake, make it a point to reroute that glass fuel filter! Hanging over the exhaust is bad news. originally, the hard line ran up the block in front of the passenger head and then went back to the carb. The filter was about next to the waterneck.

Thanks Valiantguy-I knew about the stripe, not the molding, but I like the look of both! The rear resonator is a chrome single exhaust rectangle which I think is right? We are redoing the interior after 50 years of sun and fighting wasps nests! One thing I am missing is a 65 radio or at least a 65 radio face plate-any leads?

I have a red one with a 273. Just installed extreme energy cam, edlebrock intake (with 1969 heads) and a Quadrajet. I saw one just a few blocks away in Gridley Ca, and another one in Yuba City ca

Welcome to FABO rgodofthunde , have any pics of your Cuda.
Give us some more details of your car,

Here's mine. It may be gone after this weekend. I am running it through JMark Auction in Birmingham, Alabama

Attachments

• IMG_0468.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 302
On 65 Rally Pack with 273-4 bbl. I have also attached build sheet, fender tag and exhaust manifold

Attachments

• Fender Tag 65 Rally Pakc Cuda.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 281
  • Buildsheet 65 Rally Pack Cuda.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 294
  • Exhaust 65 Rally Pack Cuda.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 297
Have a Blue Barracuda, in Ft. Walton Beach, FL, slant six, not into muscle cars, runs perfect, keep all original, only one around, wins at local car shows. Have had it for five years still working on it. There is one in Milton Florida, about 30 miles from here.

A little over a week ago I became the third owner of a Gold on Gold '65 Barracuda. 273, 2 bbl. automatic. 50,000 mile car, have window sticker original sales contract and much more paperwork. Very original car. Original paint in very poor condition. Most of the interior is mint, some tears in the driver's seat and armrest. Three spoke "wood" wheel. Drives out great. In the process of replacing the weatherchecked tires and 13" wheels, getting the interior fixed and fresh paint.

There is a 1965 with a Commando Motor near my house, been for sale for over 2 years. Started at $18k. Supposedly the engine was rebuilt and price dropped down to $12k

Always a selling point to paint the valve covers

Attachments

• 00h0h_bHfJly8bgMt_600x450.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 266
  • 00808_30BxGrztKwR_600x450.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 245
  • 1965 real fun of driving.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 233
  • IMG_2651.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 252
Present!

Slow, and expensive, and painstaking process...one day I hope to enjoy her! I'm convinced it will be worth it...or maybe just wishful thinking?

If nothing else, I'm learning a lot!

Attachments

• On lift Cuda.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 223
  • booth cuda.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 267
  • Cuda booth 2.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 282
I've got one, north of Seattle. Originally a /6 3-speed car, it came as a parts car with another 65, and I upgraded to a 318 and 4-speed. Currently waiting on some TLC in a future thread.

bcudarear2.jpg

I love the '65 dark gold.

bcudafront.jpg

bcudaside.jpg

Copcar wheels have just the right ride height and stance.

Present!

Slow, and expensive, and painstaking process...one day I hope to enjoy her! I'm convinced it will be worth it...or maybe just wishful thinking?

If nothing else, I'm learning a lot!

Great to see your work in progress! The early Barracuda has such a great body shape, feels inside like the fuselage of an airplane, and very rigid and steady on the road. For a vintage car you can enjoy in the modern world I don't think there's a better choice. It would definitely turn heads cruising on the autobahn!

-
Back