"65 Barracuda Roll Call" just curious..how many of you have one?

-
exact numbers:
sold 23,443 units in its short 1964 season, and 1965 for the Barracuda’s first full model year was 64,596, and 1966 Sales slumped to 38,029, compared to 607,568 Mustangs. Rate about 9:1!

here's mine. 65 273 console auto, 7 1/4 sure grip. while gold int. did paint work last year, PO had done the int, and front end. missing the front clip[ when I drug it home all apart. has a valiant front fenders, doesn't bother me!

Attachments

• 100_1706.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 381
  • 100_1561.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 351
Nearly completed nut and bolt recreation...

273 4 sp.

Bright blue metallic, white interior. No mods except Pertronix and Coy's 15" wheels with 235/60 - 15

GJS

Looking great man! I love the combination of the blue and white you are using! Nice job!

This is my first post and I excited to report that we (my man and I) just obtained a 2 owner 65 with stock 273-2 barrel, torchlight automatic, white with blue interior this January. It's not a formula S, but it did come with a factory installed in-dash OEM tachometer. We drove this fish home on its original Mopar power! Everything except for the interior pillar trim was intact factory original. OUR PLAN: 1) Swap 273 for a 360 which we are rebuilding at this time. 2) Other than performance upgrades we expect to maintain original character changing only the paint color and interior finish color. 3) Compete within one year. We are working as a team and collaborating on all decisions. I am mostly responsible for interior and finishes while assisting with the engine since it's my first. Ramon is mostly responsible for the performance decisions and directing me as a mechanics assistant. So far we are looking at approx 420HP while still deciding how to address the transmission and rear end upgrades. Right now the original engine has been pulled and the 360 is on a stand for rebuild. So far I have been successful at refurbishing all the emblems, trim, and interior components. Hope that helps. Will post pics sometime soon.

Welcome to FABO RMK, sounds like in your in deep on this project already, post some pics and maybe start a thread in Members Restorations .

A little update to the thread . She drives !

Attachments

• IMG_0140.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 232
  • IMG_0174.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 238
  • IMG_0152.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG_0137.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 230
  • IMG_0143.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 228
My restomod. A thoroughbred junk yard dog. Motor, trans and A/C were gone when I got it. Built A999 with reverse manual valve body, '88 Police 318 and 8 1/4 with 3.55 Sure Grip now in place. Drive train and chassis completely rebuilt but interior and paint are in need of a lot of help. Wheels are 15x7 4.25 BS, 225-60 front 245-60 rear. Sadly sittin while my Duster gets all the love lately. Thread link below:

Attachments

• Cuda 17.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 229
  • Cuda 56.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 190
  • Cuda 68.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 186
What a beauty dart_doc.
I love rat style!
It´s hard to get an original paint this condition accepted as a classic car in germany.
Hope mine will roll out again next month so there is another 65´on the road again.
cheers julian

What a beauty dart_doc.
I love rat style!
It´s hard to get an original paint this condition accepted as a classic car in germany.
Hope mine will roll out again next month so there is another 65´on the road again.
cheers julian
thanks man . hope your rolls out good

Hi guys, I was asked the a question at a car show Saturday night, that I really couldn't answer very well. I was asked how many 65 Cudas are on the road still? I told him I had no idea for sure..but I guessed it was less than a few thousand. I do know there were about 65,000 produced..and that as far as I know, I have the only one in the Houston MOPAR Car Club, and I told him I knew of at least 10 or so on FABO. (but I am sure there are probably more but this seemed like a good way to find out). I tried to figure out a way to search that on the forum...but didn't really have any luck..(not sure exactly if that is even possible).

So if you have a 65 Cuda..post a reply. Is it a running and driving car..or a "parts car"? Is it restored or original? Tell me how many you know about in your area? What color is your car? etc..

Hope this is ok to ask..seemed like this might be a good way to find out the mystery.

Thanks..
I have a ruby red exterior black interior 273 4 bbl factory 4 speed barracuda with a sure grip rear end in Tampa Florida area

I would venture to say there is about half still out there, maybe...

I have 3, One that I have had since 1986, been black/black since the 90s with a 340 4-speed, don't know when I drove it last...

one is a factory slanter 4-speed, originally gold/gold (Canadian car, so has Valiant badging and a Dart dash)

third has a 360 4-speed black and blue/blue and needs work! Someone made a mess of the 1/4s, can get big boots under though now!

I have parted a few out over the years also, great thread, nice cars guys

I have one that is sunrise yellow. I know of four more here in southern Arizona.
20160320_100422 1.jpg

See avatar and garage.

Strip/street. Recent purchase. Fun to be turning a wrench again!

I'm not sure how many we have listed here, but we are way short of the 64,596 that were produced in 1965.

I know you don't see very many in North Carolina. I go to the Mopar drag and car show in Rockingham and have seen one there. At Farmington drag and car show I saw two. One racing and one on display. My friend Valkman has a nice one. Other than seeing one on the highway not long ago that is the ones I can think of. I'm sure there are more, I just never see any

-
Back