65 barracuda stock to formula S suspension conversion

-
Reaction score
I currently have a 65 barracuda with original stock suspension. I would like to convert the suspension to the formula S performance values or better. Curious to if I can buy a kit or if I need to order individual parts. I guess what I am really looking for is a finger in the right direction. Thank you

IDK what the difference in suspension is, but, you can get XHD springs from MoPar to start with. I got my upgraded (1 inch over bend) springs from ESPO.com. The rest of the suspension can be upgraded via factory parts. IE: HD T-bars, KYB shocks, Addco sway bars (Anti roll bars) in thicker diameters, etc....

Welcome aboard!

Yep, the HD leaf springs are available through Mopar Performance and the sway bar from Addco. You will also want to get a set of the "892" and "893" torsion bars from a 340 A-body car or equivelent in the aftermarket. And while you're at it, maybe a brake upgrade to front discs?? Geof

Why not find a 73+ a body donor and convert to Big bolt pattern disc brakes and upgrade the rear to an 8 1/4-8 3/4? I found a parts car for $200 to convert my 65 Barracuda.

Yeah I planned on converting to disc, suspension was just a topic that had my mind spinning, I have two 65's, one with a slant six as a daily driver/ cruiser, and the second is currently mobile and road ready but I would like to make it a performance street vehicle, it currently has a 318 auto, and I have a 340 with an 833 4 speed that I would like to build up when the time comes, but like I said I would like to make it an all around street legal performance fish, thanks for all the help im sure I will asking for more help in the next few months

BaDart makes a good mention with the T-bars. You could even go up another step to the big block bars.

IIRC, the "S" suspension had an extra leaf, and stiffer shock rates as well as a sway bar and 318 A/C,340 size bars. And had 5.5 inch rims and tires. Many people like the 383 bars nowadays, stiffer being better?

stiffer being better?

Well, I asked the pro about this issue though I thought I knew the answer and so did agree with the "pro", She (the wife) said yes, "Certainly so! Stiffer is better!"

So, I'm gonna have to go with the wife on this one. :toothy10:

:angry7: Ok ok ok, shoot me now!

-
Back