66 D Dart at mecum

-

gtmopar

Phuckin A!
Reaction score
Sorry if this is redundant but a cherry D Dart sold a mecum for 26,000. I personally thought it would fetch way more than that but we are a limited group of enthusiasts.

wow, same here. Someone got a decent deal. Did you see what the trans-am 66 dart got on Saturday?

No I missed it but I can look on the history to see what it got. It's funny on the list is about 80 fords 80 Chevys to every 1 dodge. Crazy ratio.

I went to a car show last weekend that had about 75 cars, and not ONE Dodge let alone a A body.

If you type in 66 Dart for sale on google it will come up a search on the mecum site with pictures. It's really a nice car and someone got a screaming deal.

Same one on the circuit for several years. FABO member ddartdude use to own it. Several years ago it had a high bid of over 40K and the owner didn't take it. It's missing some of the D/Dart specifics such as the correct headers, the carb spacer and the Y pipe.

I obtained a pic taken at Mecum of the engine compartment. Not only is the engine missing the above noted items it has an aftermarket intake which appears to be a Edelbrock Torker manifold and the airclearner appears to be that of an early Max Wedge aircleaner. The D/Dart aircleaners were unique. ddartdude can probably verify this.

Based on what ddartdude shared with me several years ago I wonder wonder if this is the correct motor for the car?

What I found annoying, was Velocity airing the auctions, and they would go to commercial every time I was watching when an awesome Mopar was up for bid.

I would have bid on my old car. That guy got a real deal. I heard that the same guy also bought the Trans Am D/Dart for $40,000. Every time that the D/Darts have gone on the block, they've gone to commercial. I'm glad that I went to the Kissimmee Auction when my old car went across the block.

So dart4forte, according to WildCat, the cars were purchased by someone in Washington. He thinks it might be the Seattle area. Any ideas who it might be? I'd like to contact the buyer so I can update my registry.
Alan

I would have bid on my old car. That guy got a real deal. I heard that the same guy also bought the Trans Am D/Dart for $40,000. Every time that the D/Darts have gone on the block, they've gone to commercial. I'm glad that I went to the Kissimmee Auction when my old car went across the block.

So dart4forte, according to WildCat, the cars were purchased by someone in Washington. He thinks it might be the Seattle area. Any ideas who it might be? I'd like to contact the buyer so I can update my registry.
Alan

I can find out. Something like the purchase of two D/Darts will get around. The Seattle Show is on the 2nd of June. We plan on going. It's possible the cars will be there. Was it Ed, the owner of Wildcat that had that info?

No, it was WildCat, aka Larry, on FABO. He was sitting next to the guy at the auction. Larry doesn't remember his name but he's going to try and find out.

Wish I had my old D/Dart back. I learned a lesson when I sold it. No matter how stupid of a price you ask, someone will be willing to pay it. So always ask more. A lot more.
Alan

No, it was WildCat, aka Larry, on FABO. He was sitting next to the guy at the auction. Larry doesn't remember his name but he's going to try and find out.

Wish I had my old D/Dart back. I learned a lesson when I sold it. No matter how stupid of a price you ask, someone will be willing to pay it. So always ask more. A lot more.
Alan

There's several individuals that I know that would be interested in a car like that. Surely, it would have to be a Mopar person to truely understand the historical significance to these cars.

How many D Darts are left? Is there a registry of the ones that are still up and running? It wouldn't suprise me if there are several that are floating around that people don't realize what they have. They were registerable for the street right? I know like some factory built race cars they had a non streetable title. Just curious.

How many D Darts are left? Is there a registry of the ones that are still up and running? It wouldn't suprise me if there are several that are floating around that people don't realize what they have. They were registerable for the street right? I know like some factory built race cars they had a non streetable title. Just curious.

ddartdude is probably is the most knowlegeable regarding these cars. From my research most of the cars were sold to race teams east of the Mississippi. There was one that was found in a yard in Colorado.

For years there has been rumors around my area of D/Dart that was sold out of a local Dodge dealership here in central WA state.

I have a buddy who told me that there was one on a lot in Walla Walla, WA back in the late 60's, early 70's

I'm sure that there were a lot of 66 Hipo darts back in the day that had all the D/Dart parts installed. The key is that LO23 vin.

I have 11 D/Darts in my registry -- plus paperwork for the Porach Dodge out of Cleveland and one that was stolen in N.J. So I have 13 confirmed VIN numbers. The one that I have, "The Politician", is #1. The last one in my registry is 50 from my car.
Alan

I know of one that has spent its entire life (at least until a few years ago, I haven't spoken to the owner in quite some time) in the SF bay area. This particular car was apparently detuned by the original dealer (the VIN was correct, the colors and interior configuration were correct, fender tag was correct, Broadcast sheet was correct, etc.). It was found in San Francisco by the owner that I know in the late 1980s with a caved-in quarter panel (owner at that time was a taxi driver...). I think it is in the registry... If he hadn't bought it, I was going to. He really wasn't looking for a four speed car until I explained to him what the car was.

Wow that's crazy I'm only 40 mi from sanfrancisco in Fairfield and I'm sure I speak for a lot of others stating that I shouldn't have passed on may a deals in the past. There is a gt hipo 4 speed 65 dart that I pass on a daily basis that is on Alamo dr in Vacaville that has been there for 20+ years. I ran the vin on it one day after I stopped and looked at it but the owner was a total dick and got pissed that I even asked to look at it. Since then which is roughly 9 years ago its had a padlocked cover on it rotting all to hell right in his front yard. Some people say that they are " going to restore it someday", my ***. It's sad to see great cars with potential go to hell.

Wow that's crazy I'm only 40 mi from sanfrancisco in Fairfield and I'm sure I speak for a lot of others stating that I shouldn't have passed on may a deals in the past. There is a gt hipo 4 speed 65 dart that I pass on a daily basis that is on Alamo dr in Vacaville that has been there for 20+ years. I ran the vin on it one day after I stopped and looked at it but the owner was a total dick and got pissed that I even asked to look at it. Since then which is roughly 9 years ago its had a padlocked cover on it rotting all to hell right in his front yard. Some people say that they are " going to restore it someday", my ***. It's sad to see great cars with potential go to hell.

Wow, I was in Vacaville last Saturday and I missed out on that

-
Back