66 Dart Owners thread

-
Dart66GT, The front seats are "Procar Elite 1100" Seats. You will also need the seat brackets. I got mine from Summit . They usually have the seats and brackets in their catalog. Hope this helps.
Thanks,
Benny

Love your Dart, Raptor426! My eyes fell on the seats, too. Thanks to Dart66GT for asking even though it was a few years ago. :)

Very nice cars? Mine is Wall Mart gray presently. The original color was blue. Interior is gone. Saved the chrome strips. I am keeping it the same stock color. Will build the 340 in time...408 or something little bigger. BUT I have a good block to work with. Think using stock part for now will work. I was running very low 14 with my first car, but in the 1/8, I was hard on everything on the street and strip. At 20 years old I was ready to fund a race car or go to college. Went to college and now I have the time and money to make it run, the way I want it and have it look like my wife wants it to look.
This is a LEGACY car! Both of my boys were going to assist me, but both are gone, so in their honor!

Just bought a set of new "vintage" rims and tires for the D/Dart.

1 -- As I bought the car in 2002 with Radir rims. On pair M/T Radirs and the other are Rader Raders.
2 -- With Cragars all around.
3 -- With Cragars and ET Drag slicks on steel wheels.
4 -- With old school aluminum rims and "vintage" M&H white lettered 14" cheater slicks.

Attachments

• As-Rec'd-from-Al-Adam----1.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 782
  • 20120630_180928-1.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 715
  • DSC04959-1.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 745
  • 20150910_160434.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 758
Nice! I do like the Cragar front/painted rear.

Dude, yours is still the finest '66 GT I've seen yet. Every time I see a pic of it I'm convinced that's the color scheme I will use.

I think it's a Candy Apple Red over the factory white. The white is White Mother of Pearl over the factory white. Looks pretty cool but it's aged.

Thanks!

And DECIPHER, your car looks great, especially with those wheels.

Here is the 66 Dart GT I have been working on for the last Year plus. Had other pictures posted on the "Member's Restoration, but this is my favorite so far. Thanks. Old Dart 66

Attachments

• 66 Dart 018.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 608
Currently, it is called Lamberginy (sp.) yellow. In the current PPG book, it is simply called "yellow." Back in the day, it was nick named "Mellow Yellow." I had a 65 dart charger GT when I was a kid back in 69, 70, and 71 which was painted this color, and I bought this 66 car to rebuild, and it came to me this color, and the paint code showed this color. So, yes I believe that it is the original paint code color. I have been told that the 65 Dart GT Charger came only with this paint color with the black vinyl top. Of course, this is a 66. Just trying to relive the glory days. Glad you liked it. Old Dart 66

To all the guys with headers on their darts, what brand headers did you go with, do you recommend them, and what was the price? Trying to find some headers for my dad's 66 gt.

Thanks Peter

I finally got one, being shipped, supposed to be delivered 12/22/15, hope it works out. Thanks

Mine is a 66 post. No picture's yet, just found this thread. It was drag raced hard 1/4 of its life and spent another 1/2 its life mostly in a garage. So the welds on the 6 point roll bar and the home made sub frame connectors were not the best. On its last pass it blew off one of the sub frame connectors and tweaked the unibody. Raced with a high horse power W2 small block. The cut up fender skirts for the fender well headers didn't help, no reinforce bracing.

So the floor pans are rusted out, my guess is the windshield leaks cause the rest of the car is solid besides the tweaked unibody.

so any of you guys replace floor pans with the ABS reproductions? will they accommodate a v8 transmission?

Mine is a 66 post. No picture's yet, just found this thread. It was drag raced hard 1/4 of its life and spent another 1/2 its life mostly in a garage. So the welds on the 6 point roll bar and the home made sub frame connectors were not the best. On its last pass it blew off one of the sub frame connectors and tweaked the unibody. Raced with a high horse power W2 small block. The cut up fender skirts for the fender well headers didn't help, no reinforce bracing.

So the floor pans are rusted out, my guess is the windshield leaks cause the rest of the car is solid besides the tweaked unibody.

so any of you guys replace floor pans with the ABS reproductions? will they accommodate a v8 transmission?
The wiper pivot area and fresh air box are other places to get a water leak. I haven't seen any floor pan interference with any 904 or 727 automatics. Some of the aftermarket transmissions are a different story. The 727 can get tight up by the floor-to-firewall pinchweld, so, you may have to massage that area (read: take a hammer to it!) and it's almost impossible to use a tranny blanket without mods of some sort.

pic's sometime this spring, cold up here in Wisconsin. you can tell when a unibody is damaged on a mopar by the small indentation on roof sides of the car right behind the back seat windows. besides my car does not sit level. I think the seal on the wind shield is shot and windshield does not sit in the opening correctly anymore, not that I care cause I doubt if the car will see much rain or any at all anymore.

well I thought I had posted this back in May when I bought the car. But here it is. Don't worry I have since removed the windshield sticker so I could see.

Attachments

• dart.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 446
well I thought I had posted this back in May when I bought the car. But here it is. Don't worry I have since removed the windshield sticker so I could see.

Blacked out grille. I've been thinking about that. I like it on yours.

66 GT Dart, was driver now a bare body shell. Will be going to media blaster. Then the fun begins!

Hi All. New owner of a 66 270 convertible, 273 v8, auto, power top. She is a presentable driver with a 20' paint job. Bought it for my family to enjoy a 60's convertible at a good price. Drives great. She has some gauge electrical and speedo issues, and needs suspension/spring work (sitting a little crooked). Note the nice Cadillac Hood Ornament the previous owner put on it? LOL

I plan to do a little work here or there, and drive as-is for many years. Then someday restore it perhaps.

Attachments

• dart small.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 390
-
Back