67 Dart Resto w/5.7 hemi

-
5.7 you are absolutley right about the computer. Watever has been disconnected from it that has nothing to do with it or does not matter. Like you say it is not as finicky when it comes to those items. The Predator is sort of a piggy back system that taps into it and is able to make changes on the motor and the tranny. As in my case the cam is bigger than the normal and the vacum is less and it can be controlled by the Predator. Many other parameters can be changed. If it would finally come inn I would be able to show you how it works. As a Matter of fact I might just record it and post it on a video as I program the car. Hey that really sounds like a good Idea. More **** for you guys!!!!!!!

I thought that anything that is not hooked up to the computer (like the rear O2 sensors, etc.) has to be commented out of the code, otherwise the computer would throw a CEL (I know we don't have one) and could possibly change other parameters to keep the engine running properly. Am I all wet?:read2:

Here we go, shorty wires will fire BOTH plugs at the same time, this COULD give some extra ponies or mpg depending on who ya ask, also the factory set up was for emissions (burn off extra fuel not burned during the compression cycle) total waste if ya ask me, but I'm NO expert.

The harness has everything you need to hook up and deletes the crap ya don't, for instance, the power steering, why do you need that?!!! The rear o2's are for emissions only and since we're not into that, 86 em', not need to achieve a closed loop. Now all the other stuff, front o2's, cam, crank, iat, map & so on, need to be hooked up in order for the computer to get all the signals so it can run properly, shift, and flat out haul a$$. This is a simplified version, if more detail is needed, I would ask some one who knows a hell of alot more than I. Shall I get you a towel?

Actually. I think we are on the same page, just saying it differently.

My answer TIN would be the same. So 5.7 I guess after all he does not need the Towel.lol
By the way I got an answer about the Programmer. He shoud be receiving more this week so hopefully he will ship it to me.

My answer TIN would be the same. So 5.7 I guess after all he does not need the Towel.lol
By the way I got an answer about the Programmer. He shoud be receiving more this week so hopefully he will ship it to me.
I can't wait to hear it come to life..again! :-D

Can you say how much the flash was or was it part of the cost of the Daiblo

Thanks guys. Beleive me I also want it to purrrrrrr. GDemon the unit was $500.00 and it includes the Programmer, Power pack, USB Cable and the Driver. This is so you can communicate with them or others for different available updates or programs.

Thanks . I was thinking about getting one also. i like the idea about being able to get a custom tune in an email.

Hey Lime, just wondering, what did you use for an inspection cover (converter cover) on the trans? did the truck come with one? I called my local dodge dealer, and he couldn't find anything.

I used the same one that came with the truck and had to retrofit the same so it would fit. So if you have yours get the grinding wheel out with a thin blade and cut the ears and slowly retrofit the same. You will like how it comes out.
TTIHeaders.jpg

I used the same one that came with the truck and had to retrofit the same so it would fit. So if you have yours get the grinding wheel out with a thin blade and cut the ears and slowly retrofit the same. You will like how it comes out.
TTIHeaders.jpg
That's the problem, I don't have one, and my dealer could not find one listed. I guess I will have to go to the dealership and hold their hand till the find it.
Thanks...

My suggestion is take a copy and paste of this picture and ask them if they know now what you are looking for. If they still dont know them you must seek a different Dealer. Or perhaps you could call him all the names you want and then leave. lol That sound like the starter that I got for the car. It was boxed wrong and the Moron kept telling me it was the right one. When he received the second one then he felt like a dumb ***. I actually gave him that look so he would understand what I ment. Good Luck

My suggestion is take a copy and paste of this picture and ask them if they know now what you are looking for. If they still dont know them you must seek a different Dealer. Or perhaps you could call him all the names you want and then leave. lol That sound like the starter that I got for the car. It was boxed wrong and the Moron kept telling me it was the right one. When he received the second one then he felt like a dumb ***. I actually gave him that look so he would understand what I ment. Good Luck

I think 5.7 has one that he might be willing to part with (nice job on yours, buy the way).

Thanks Tin. It Took me a bit and my sugestion is to wait till you have everything inn including the headers and you will see that it will work out even better. I had that thing on and off like four different times. But now it is inn for good. Today I received a windshield gasket that I picked up used from a guy in e-bay and it turns out I had a lot of cleaning to do but I think it is going to work out at the end. As far as the windshield I am going to wait till Turkey Rod Run In Daytona. There is a guy that always has windshields for half the price than anyone else.

Thanks Tin. It Took me a bit and my sugestion is to wait till you have everything inn including the headers and you will see that it will work out even better. I had that thing on and off like four different times. But now it is inn for good. Today I received a windshield gasket that I picked up used from a guy in e-bay and it turns out I had a lot of cleaning to do but I think it is going to work out at the end. As far as the windshield I am going to wait till Turkey Rod Run In Daytona. There is a guy that always has windshields for half the price than anyone else.

I just did the same thing, I found a NOS rear window gasket (nobody makes one for a 63) from a guy here on FABO, it came all the way from Sweeden. (what's the odd's, can't get one in the US for an american car, but found one in Sweeden????)

I just did the same thing, I found a NOS rear window gasket (nobody makes one for a 63) from a guy here on FABO, it came all the way from Sweeden. (what's the odd's, can't get one in the US for an american car, but found one in Sweeden????)

new place to look for n.o.s. parts i guesss,,

How goes it? What have ya been doin'? Need ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Lime, just wondering, what did you use for an inspection cover (converter cover) on the trans? did the truck come with one? I called my local dodge dealer, and he couldn't find anything.

According to the 05 parts list I have it is part # 53021491AA
It is listed under Group 9 Engine and Transmission Mounting and is called a structural collar.

According to the 05 parts list I have it is part # 53021491AA
It is listed under Group 9 Engine and Transmission Mounting and is called a structural collar.
Thanks Boden, appreciate the help...

Just out of curiosity, why put that cover on,it's not needed? Or is it because it will fit and cover the converter?

Just out of curiosity, why put that cover on,it's not needed? Or is it because it will fit and cover the converter?
You have to have something to cover the flywheel, otherwise you will get crap in there and mess up the teeth, starter, etc.

You guys dont want to know. It took this guy two and a half weeks to get me the Predator. As days go by I was having trouble getting the program into the computer of the car. Well he told me that the problem was the wiring harness and I flipped. Got a hold of Chris from HotWire and he is the nicest guy you can talk to. He got me to test the harness in different places so we can discard the fact that it was not the harness and sure enough. It was the Predator that was Bad from the beginning. Called DiabloSposts and those guys were very helpfull . They actually agreed that the problem was the Predator. So now I have to send it back to KRC Performance so they can return it back to Diablo because they were the retailer in this case and it was still within the 30 days of receiving the same. Thank God For this. So now it will be shipped back to KRC but I want my money back. I was not really happy with the service I got therefore I will go elsewere for the service and the programing. I will let you guys know what happens.

You guys dont want to know. It took this guy two and a half weeks to get me the Predator. As days go by I was having trouble getting the program into the computer of the car. Well he told me that the problem was the wiring harness and I flipped. Got a hold of Chris from HotWire and he is the nicest guy you can talk to. He got me to test the harness in different places so we can discard the fact that it was not the harness and sure enough. It was the Predator that was Bad from the beginning. Called DiabloSposts and those guys were very helpfull . They actually agreed that the problem was the Predator. So now I have to send it back to KRC Performance so they can return it back to Diablo because they were the retailer in this case and it was still within the 30 days of receiving the same. Thank God For this. So now it will be shipped back to KRC but I want my money back. I was not really happy with the service I got therefore I will go elsewere for the service and the programing. I will let you guys know what happens.

Hey Lime, I know how you feel, but just hang in there. ](*,)
Hotwire or even S & P will flash your computer, then you can buy an off the shelf Predator and make the tweeks yourself.

-
Back