68 GTS Resto

-
This was mounted under the dash. SW circa 68-69

Attachments

• SW late 60s, early 70s.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 772
X2 ........looks like your doing a heck of a job. Keep up the good work.
P.S- people are interested but it seems its like pulling teeth to get fellow members to post any comments, don't get discouraged.

X2 ........looks like your doing a heck of a job. Keep up the good work.
P.S- people are interested but it seems its like pulling teeth to get fellow members to post any comments, don't get discouraged.

Neither here nor there as far as I'm concerned. Just takes time to post

Just read threw your thread. I have a 68 GTS with a small block and one of these days I'll be doing the same thing.

Besides the body it's lots of work. Cleaning hardware, getting the engine sorted out takes time

Well, back on track now that the holidays are over. More sheet metal work to be done as well as replacing the fenders. The guys helped me get the rear end out in order to get the car on the rotisserie. I'll be working on the rearend next weekend. Stopped by my buddy Jim's place yesterday. He has the short block almost done. He does excellent work and knows how to make free hp.

Attachments

• more sheet metal replacement.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 691
  • 8.75 GTS.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 705
  • 383 SB.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 692
  • .040.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 696
  • cam degree prep.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 691
Finally seeing progress. JD finished up the motor yesterday. Should be a runner. Also, today we steamed the body getting rid of 40 plus years to dirt and grime

Attachments

• 40 plus years of dirt hiden in all those cracks.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 656
  • lots of undercoating.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 633
  • Outside for a good steam claening.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 628
  • on the rotissery.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 638
  • 383rear.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 640
  • 383front.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 646
Looks great. What kind of horsepower will that 383 be ? Awesome build

I enjoy watching your car come together. Looking great. You gotta love big block A bodies! What paint did you use on the engine! Did you prime the block?

Raining today I thought it would be a good time to start on the suspension. Hit a snag. seems my buddy Dick at Firm Feel sent he lower BJs for a 10" drum brake car. Oh well, have some BJs coming so i'll hit it Monday .

Also thought I'd include a pic of another project going on in the shop

Attachments

• susp 2 (1).jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 590
  • susp 2 (2).jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 586
  • SAM_1056.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 606
Got the front suspension all mocked up. Got the rear end housing back from the powder coater and the springs back from being rebuilt. The body is on it's last stage of body work before primer

Attachments

• susp2 (1).jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 563
  • susp2 (2).jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 557
  • susp 2 (2).jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 557
  • susp 2 (1).jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 568
  • spring hardware (1).jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 557
  • rear housing (1).jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 566
  • rear housing (2).jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 545
Ok u can not just throw a picture of a coupe with a tunnels ram v8 and not give specs

Give specs

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

One of the guys that works at the shop is doing the car for his dad. His dad has a pacemaker so he's limited on what he can do. 40 Ford. Drag car. Motor is a 451 stroker. Car will run a TF, rear will be 8.75 running a spool. Not sure on gears

Car is finally in primer. I also went over to my buddies place and we checked out my drop-in. Looks like everything is within specs. Also a set of 68 Dog dish caps I got from a FABO member. I have another set on the way so I can pick out the best to restore

Attachments

• 68 caps.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 510
  • 3.91.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 517
  • 8.75.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 489
  • primer2.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 511
  • primer side.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 500
  • primer 1.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 497
Holy wow, those are nice caps. Even as they are they look great (in the pic anyway). I have a pretty nice set that will look good on my car, but not half that nice. Nice score.

The car is finally in the booth. Will most likely be shot with final coats of base and clear this weekend.

Attachments

• Dart engine comp painted.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 454
  • Dart in booth.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 439
  • Dart trunk.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 433
-
Back