69 340 4sp Red Dart find

-

mbaird

mbaird
Reaction score
image.jpeg
I went to buy an 8 3/4 Abody this morning and found it was still attached to a 340 4sp 1969 Dart ! It was an original Red with white interior and Black vinyl top car. Manual steering and brakes.
I asked him what he wanted for the whole car and he said to make him an offer......

Engine/Trany were gone , had late model buckets , front clip was off but he has fenders and performance hood , floors and trunk looked good , body was banged up and had some bonds in upper 1/4s... I saw the clean title in his name....
It had a " Minnesota Car Cover " on it...

what's this thing worth?

How much were you paying for the diff?

Add a few bucks to that and who knows, you'll be the owner of a new to you dart swinger!

Truth is that my woman would not be happy if I drag home another stray....lol
I couldnt bring myself to pull the 8 3/4 out of it because I knew that would doom it to certain scrap !!
This Barracuda came to me in similar condition albeit Zero rust...
20160928_220847.jpg
20160721_111322.jpg

Save the Darts! Everyone knows that Dodges are better then plyMOUTHS...

The Cuda has a 8 3/4 with 3.55 Sure Grip..... And Moser Axles..... And disc brakes.

Pulled the trigger today ! It is actually nicer than I thought .
The only rust I can find is a little in the drivers lower 1/4 .
I got the Trany , a Hurst Comp+ shifter and all the trim.

image.jpeg
I thought it was a factory Bright Red with White Seats and top but the fender tag seems to read Black paint and Black top with Red Interior and White transverse stripe.

Am I decoding this wrong ?

View attachment 1715005328 I thought it was a factory Bright Red with White Seats and top but the fender tag seems to read Black paint and Black top with Red Interior and White transverse stripe.

Am I decoding this wrong ?
If you read that tag right, that's a killer color combo!! Would look awesome done! What'd you end up needing to give for it, if you don't mind me asking

$1200 including a 66 A833 with 3.09 1st.
So what do you interpret the color scheme to be ?

Ok I asked @Kegan B (he knows this stuff off the top of his head) and he said it's red exterior with black interior, black top and white stripe

If I am reading it properly the 1st code on the second Line up should be paint code which is X9 (black) next is interior R4 (red) 3rd is supposed to be Interior paint code but reads D2X which is Black Vinyl ? There is also a code V02 ( two tone paint ). Which I assume is referring to a Vinyl top..

Traditionally X9 if it's paint is TX9. V02 gives away X9 as the black painted top. D2X is black bench, X9 again is black door tops, R4 is Red. Funny it's a factory tinted windshield car to boot.

If I am reading it properly the 1st code on the second Line up should be paint code which is X9 (black) next is interior R4 (red) 3rd is supposed to be Interior paint code but reads D2X which is Black Vinyl ? There is also a code V02 ( two tone paint ). Which I assume is referring to a Vinyl top..
Vinyl top even better!

All the number match body and VIN tag on dash.
There is red paint in all the nooks and crannies , there back seat has factory white seat covers that
look to be original (and quite aged !)... The vinyl top is gone. And it is coded for a white stripe.

Thus the confusion....

I was hoping for white seats and top due to the extreme summer heat out here.

Thanks , Now the fun begins. Accumulating all the misc parts....most of which I can buy new.
It has some later model buckets in it now so I will have to find a bench.

-
Back