70 duster street strip build

-
MoparDemon said:
I think both blues looked good! but you chose wisely..that intense blue with follow the street and strip theme you have laid out for it :toothy8:

I know demon I would have liked the other blue if it wasn't so hard to get a match if needed the new color is a lot easier to match and I'm liking the pearl in it makes it look darker in the shade

I like the new blue. Really looks good. Looking forward to more.:coffee2:

Thanks thunder I still have to put a clear coat on it it should really shine with a clear coat . I'm just glad that parts done and I can move forward seems like the list never ends when your poor lol if I had the money's that some have I'm sure it would be done I still need to rebuild the rear and the trans and I'm sure that will set me back a couple grand but it's what I wanted and one day i will be able to Enjoy the fruits of my labor

Ok I worked on the z bar and clutch arms and pivots to day . What I'm finding is with the extreme down angle of the bar that goes from the clutch pedal to the z bar I'm not getting very much movement at the z bar . So was looking it over and was thanking if I was to move the attachment point at the peddle down it would have more throw or movement at the z bar it does engage the clutch the way it is but when I push the peddle down I feel the ingagement about 6 in down and when I let go it won't pop back to normal unless I touch the pedal with the top of my foot and it pops back to normal . So we're am I going wrong ? I had to change the angle of the z bar so it would be closer the the firewall it was hitting the inner fender and ther is a pic of my homemade pivot that mounts to the bellhousing because I used the scatter shield there was no stock one that would work

View attachment image-2913437622.jpg

View attachment image-240720958.jpg

View attachment image-3136970155.jpg

View attachment image-884542991.jpg

I also worked getting fenders bolted on and aligning the door it worked out nice put the bumper and grill feeler panel on almost ready for body work the grill is just setting there not bolted in and I took a close up pic of the grill emblem I painted it with hemi orange and silver I thank it looks killer

View attachment image-3965027394.jpg

View attachment image-2217140425.jpg

View attachment image-2398770006.jpg

View attachment image-2036601198.jpg

View attachment image-1766979930.jpg

View attachment image-2017231317.jpg

View attachment image-1240214238.jpg

View attachment image-2858252611.jpg

View attachment image-478210943.jpg

View attachment image-3246108235.jpg

Nice build. Should be fun.
I have a cousin with a 70 Duster that his uncle has practically built for him. All his uncle asked him to do to finish the car was put the restored instrument cluster in and finish runnin the fuel line.....still hasn't done it and the cars has sat for over 5 years like that. Cousin is extremely lazy and just wanted his uncle to do it all for him.

Car is completely restored, new lemon twist yellow paint/black 440 stripe, mini-tubbed, caged, fiberglass front end w/6" cowl hood, ICH headed 440 w/Transbraked 727. Easily a low 10sec car....and all it's needed for the last 5 years is the cluster put in and the fuel line ran!!!

Some peoples kids. lol

Nice build. Should be fun.
I have a cousin with a 70 Duster that his uncle has practically built for him. All his uncle asked him to do to finish the car was put the restored instrument cluster in and finish runnin the fuel line.....still hasn't done it and the cars has sat for over 5 years like that. Cousin is extremely lazy and just wanted his uncle to do it all for him.

Car is completely restored, new lemon twist yellow paint/black 440 stripe, mini-tubbed, caged, fiberglass front end w/6" cowl hood, ICH headed 440 w/Transbraked 727. Easily a low 10sec car....and all it's needed for the last 5 years is the cluster put in and the fuel line ran!!!

Some peoples kids. lol

Well that does suck. I will build and in joy this car when done I have been on it going on four years but I've had a lot of brakes from the car ille go at it for awhile and get bored and run out of money and then it's brake time again

Have his uncle give me a call. I can install a cluster and hook up some fuel line.
By the way, good progress on the car.:coffee2:

Well safelight auto glass put in my front window and didn't finish they didn't put in the locking strip at the bottom of window the didn't have it with them .so I told them no big deal that I wanted them to install the rear glass anyway so they call there shop and said it was a no go on gasket for rear glass .so I told them I could buy it off ebay and that they could come back when I got the gasket so I call them when I get the gasket and they don't return my call so I tried to do the rear glass on my own last night and got it done so for those of you that are afraid of doing the glass your self don't be . It's really easy . Put the gasket on the pinch weld on the car first .2nd get some soapy water in a squirt bottle spray the rubber down a lot . 3rd set the glass in the bottom grove of the gasket next I used a paint stirring stick and grinder it so it was thinner and grinder the sharp corners off the stick .next use lots of soap water keep spraying to keep wet and start working the glass into the grove on one side with the stick halfway up move to other side and work that side half way then back to other side and take it all the way around the corner at this time you want to try and slide the glass as far as you can to the side that you have the glass all the way around the corner then back to other side and work glass into grove at this point you can start getting the top of the glass into the top grove take your time and no sharp points no screw drivers if your wood brakes make a new one easy locking strip slides in easy with lots of soapy water I installed the front locking strip after doing the rear JUST WANTED TO TELL YOU ALL TO SAVE SOME MONEY AND DO IT YOUR SELF IT'S SO EASY

View attachment image-3359607381.jpg

View attachment image-3810009207.jpg

View attachment image-1432104949.jpg

View attachment image-3236668718.jpg

Well started body work . Guess my rust free fenders are not dent free lol doors look nice few small dents quarters being new I don't see any dents yet but will no more after primer and guide coat but fenders look like there going to be a chore need to pull front wind trim back off and tape off all the windows and paper and tape off engine bay to not get over spay from primer
View attachment image-1202252544.jpg

View attachment image-353222509.jpg

View attachment image-280963176.jpg

View attachment image-3295819781.jpg

View attachment image-2271264726.jpg

View attachment image-1902751821.jpg

View attachment image-4263983375.jpg

View attachment image-1210610491.jpg

Well kinda boring part of the build but pics are pics rite ? Have a few questions for body work gurus in the pic of the trunk lid . How would you fix these deep dents ? Next on the hood were plymouth was attached should I grind that just out or put a rust remover on it remember on the deck lid there is no way to get to the back of the dent . Ok next I 80 grit sanded the whole car . What grit would you use just befor opoxy primer . I was thanking 220 grit all the metal and any filler I might use . Next question can you do body work on top of opoxy

View attachment image-324723336.jpg

View attachment image-3645235500.jpg

View attachment image-1628690550.jpg

View attachment image-4183851730.jpg

View attachment image-4183851730.jpg

View attachment image-1717829908.jpg

View attachment image-2638380966.jpg

View attachment image-3939353976.jpg

View attachment image-2181372139.jpg

View attachment image-2086053841.jpg

Attachments

• image-2291458160.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 406
Dang I wish I had your garage.

Lol I wished I had that garage to . Thats at work I don't have one at home . So I have to drive like 10 miles . To work . Just to work on my car it sucks really . One day I will have a garage at home .

-
Back