71 Dart 410 stroker ..

-
Friday morning 9 am pass...... 10.429 @ 126.75
Friday afternoon 3 30 pm pass 10.441@ 126.73

Another pass in morning...then eliminations in the afternoon...

New best

20181117_084352.jpg

She went 4 rounds on Sunday....went .004 red in the 4th round....ran a 10.45 on a 10.44 dial....after the 2nd round in the morning a head wind started blowing...car ran good never had to touch anything all weekend....Only removed hood on Sunday morning to check fluids...

She lowered the air pressure a couple of pounds and the car started 60 ft better..still go a brand new converter in the box...the 35 year old converter is hanging tuff...

a friend of ours won the non electric class and runner upped in the electric class....
Non electric class was an all Duster final...

Cool that Tonya went some rounds. Too much coffee by the 4th round... :)

She went 4 rounds on Sunday....went .004 red in the 4th round....ran a 10.45 on a 10.44 dial....after the 2nd round in the morning a head wind started blowing...car ran good never had to touch anything all weekend....Only removed hood on Sunday morning to check fluids...

She lowered the air pressure a couple of pounds and the car started 60 ft better..still go a brand new converter in the box...the 35 year old converter is hanging tuff...

a friend of ours won the non electric class and runner upped in the electric class....
Non electric class was an all Duster final...
I thought that was awesome having Mopars in the finals.... Woop Woop !!!!!

Been looking for a 904 case with the pk35xxxxxx......to put all the old parts in it....I knew i had a 904 in the deep storage (lol),, but was pretty sure it was an older case....got the flash light out and took a look this morning...it is what i need...drug it out....take over to the garage later this week and tear it apart....clean it up and put already to go parts in it......got a new transbrake and converter....

Chasing a 15 second car.....waiting 5 seconds for your green....

Got the 904 torn apart this morning....2 cans of oven cleaner and 2 cans of brake cleaner...looks pretty good....washed it and blow dried it......start slowly putting it back together Monday...got all the old parts ready to go...

got the 904 pretty much assembled....ordered a heavy duty band strut.....going to get some different bolts to put valve body in as the stock ones are a pain with the recess area in the transbrake..

20181215_130227_resized_1.jpg

Racing season starts January 19 2019

Got alot to do ...but I am off work until Jan 2

Paid? yeah...it is a hobby i keep telling myself...
I was going to retire at the end of the year....but I need my job to rest...

Lying in bed last night..i was thinking about how easy the trans turns....and i had not really checked the play in it yet....and then I dont remember putting in the fiber washer that goes behind the ruear clutch pac,,,,,,looks like i will probably be pulling the pump out...LOL

No...everything was where is it suppose to be.....brain dead

Finally got back to the 904....already had a heavy duty strut for the front band....now I still got an extra one...got the transbrake installed...double checked the band adjustment front and rear...
now I can not find my bag of filters...and 1 3/4 brass freeze plus i use to cap off the speedometer house hole...

Anyway...my new Tranzact of Indy transbrake says TCI>...lol...Joe makes them for TCI and was in the process of producing them for TCI and did not have any with the transzact logo on it...So he said he could sent me one of these......same valve body...

20181231_124958_resized.jpg

20181231_125006_resized.jpg

Last edited:
I was busy help fix small things on the 74 duster today....and my daughter was going rounds....she got to the 4th round..quarterfinals....

A friends says Tonya car is stopped on the track and they are towing it back.....

She gets back in the pits...says the trans took a ****.....I said OK...that is wonderful.....as I continue to work on the 74 Duster I hear her cranking the engine....ok...the motor turns over....she said the fuel pump is making a funny noise.....a few minutes later I hear the engine fire up....ok...nothing wrong with engine.....she comes back around the trailer .....Says...Dad i ran out of gas on the track...LOL...nothing wrong with the car.....

Had her best 60'.......1.377 during the day.

She was racing a Dragster in the 4th round......He had a .034 lights...she was there with a .031......sometimes it is your day until it runs out of gas.

-
Back