73' B3 340 Duster pro touring build

-
Well its been 2 weeks since I ordered my Hot Rod L.E.D marker lights and they still haven't showed up... And the rear end housing is getting narrowed, the custom fuel cell is being made So while I'm waiting for everything to come in, I decided to weld up the suspension cage and install it in the car for the last time, I also added some filler metal to get the tub's real close to the quarter panels since even though I measured three times and cut once, the quarters decided to move on me during final fitment, I also found the seat belt anchor brackets that came with the new floor so basicaly I just welded all weekend....sorry nothing exciting to show pics of ......

Attachments

• duster 004.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 1,660
  • duster 018.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 1,633
  • duster 007.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 1,640
  • duster 021.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 1,586
  • duster 020.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 1,600
  • duster 003.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 1,597
  • duster 002.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 1,600
  • duster 017.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 1,604
  • duster 016.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 1,610
  • duster 014.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 1,644
nice to see ya back at it...say hi to Dave for me..

denny

John still feels I have a bad (new) coil ...but one thing at a time
That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

Ross, I hope your wife is doing ok.

It's a good thing she didn't come to Norwalk and then have her apendix flair up.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

Ross, I hope your wife is doing ok.

It's a good thing she didn't come to Norwalk and then have her apendix flair up.

Thanks John,
That would have really sucked being carted off from Norwalk by Ambulance.

Looking good Ross............
John, FYI, your right.
Denny, I wish I could have been there with Scruffs for the ride to the coffee shop!

Well the parts are finally arriving, unfortunatley I wont have all the parts pics till the weekend but, the custom fuel cell is on the way from Nevada and the guy sent me some pics I can pass along. It looks great but the gas filler tube will have to altered to line up with the tube(not his fault). The custom marker lights finally arrived after 3+ weeks, the front torque boxes are done and the narrowed 8 3/4 along with shortened Moser axles is back. Back to the tank the round tube is for a constant fuel supply when the throttle is nailed, this was an important addition since I plan on using a F&B fuel injected six pack.

Attachments

• PA040552b.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 1,482
  • PA040551b.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 1,461
  • PA040550b.JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 1,487
  • PA030549b.JPG
    88.4 KB · Views: 1,490
  • PA030548b.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 1,462
Ross, looking good. Refresh my memory. Is the top of the tank also the trunk floor? or does it sit under the trunk floor or sit on top of the trunk floor. Wow... I made myself dizzy....

Ross, looking good. Refresh my memory. Is the top of the tank also the trunk floor? or does it sit under the trunk floor or sit on top of the trunk floor. Wow... I made myself dizzy....

I had originally planned on sitting it on top of the floor but I will have to see once I get it. Cosmetically it will look better coming up from the bottom to hide the mounting brackets instead of inserting it in from the trunk lid opening but either way it will be almost even with the remaining trunk floor

That is some seriously nice TIG work!
Andrew
I have to work on getting my tig pulse setting dialed in correctly so I can make my welds consistant and resemble his, of course its his living and my hobby.

Had a pretty progressive day, as you can see I got the marker light housings welded in and started to fit the tank.......then decided to hang a door to get the full effect of all the oval parts starting to come together...and of course another idea hit me in regards to how to modify the factory cowl vents ....stay tuned for that on, but it looks like I'll be firing up the water jet next week...Tomorrow, hopefully I'll blast all the new metal to remove the flash rust and Epoxy prime it back to one color, then Monday, refit the rear end to make sure everything still lines up after fully welding it all together then off to powder coating...I'd like to give a shout out to a Chevy guy from the base who's deployed to a undisclosed location in SouthEast Asia...."Hi" Sal, hope you enjoying the pics.

Attachments

• duster 018.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 1,374
  • duster 019.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 1,381
  • duster 013.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 1,384
  • duster 007.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 1,383
  • duster 021.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 1,404
  • duster 010.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 1,399
  • duster 005.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 1,388
  • duster 004.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 1,376
  • duster 001.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 1,422
  • duster 014.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 1,387
Car is coming together nicely. I should have done something like your gas tank, using a stocker has been nothing but a PIA.....

Ross....nice to see you are back at it, and thanks for the updates

Had a pretty progressive day, as you can see I got the marker light housings welded in and started to fit the tank.......then decided to hang a door to get the full effect of all the oval parts starting to come together...and of course another idea hit me in regards to how to modify the factory cowl vents ....stay tuned for that on, but it looks like I'll be firing up the water jet next week...Tomorrow, hopefully I'll blast all the new metal to remove the flash rust and Epoxy prime it back to one color, then Monday, refit the rear end to make sure everything still lines up after fully welding it all together then off to powder coating...I'd like to give a shout out to a Chevy guy from the base who's deployed to a undisclosed location in SouthEast Asia...."Hi" Sal, hope you enjoying the pics.

I hate the way you weld. .................... It's always perfect! Looking good.

Wow that big hole for the gas tank reminds me of my tank. Everything is looking good keep up the great work. How many gallons is the tank going to hold?
I like ur side markers maybe if I saw those I would have keep them, but I did a delete instead.

Wow that big hole for the gas tank reminds me of my tank. Everything is looking good keep up the great work. How many gallons is the tank going to hold?
I like ur side markers maybe if I saw those I would have keep them, but I did a delete instead.

17.5 Gal....... dimensions 26" x 26" x 6", I still need to change the filler tube angle and add a fuel level sending unit. I had my rear marker lights deleted already but decided to add these L.E.D. flush lights instead, it was too bad the front fender in the photo (passenger) was a NOS piece, I hated to cut it up.

I hate the way you weld. .................... It's always perfect! Looking good.
Not really, I just try to put the decent looking welds toward the camera for the photo's. Kind of like dirt swept under a rug, it's still there just not visible.....but thanks, any progress on the Demon ? :p I won't ask about the Dart, I know thats a hot subject. [-X

How wide are the tubs you put in?

I believe I started with 32" x 17" wide and then cut down to follow the contour of the Quarter panel.... there welded to the outside of the factory frame rail and the quarter panel wheel well lip was trimmed back 1/2" so I have a full 15 3/4".

I've been watching your build from the beginning and all i can say is WOW!!!!! Very Very nice work!!!!!!!

By the way.......I hate your garage i hate your car i hate your tools i hate your skills i hate everything about you.........I'll take my ball and go home now!! lol

I believe I started with 32" x 17" wide and then cut down to follow the contour of the Quarter panel.... there welded to the outside of the factory frame rail and the quarter panel wheel well lip was trimmed back 1/2" so I have a full 15 3/4".

Thanks, I am doing something similar. Now I just need to try to figure out how sturdy the quarter panel is after the tubs are installed. You are seam sealing it to the quarter, correct?

-
Back