73' B3 340 Duster pro touring build

-
I am looking for a Car Transport from U.S Car Tool in Raleigh/Durham, NC area to Akron, Ohio. 519 miles according to Google maps must have enclosed trailer, car is restored but not running. Had transportation made but .....it looks like it fell through. Looking to get this picked up ASAP. Please P.M me if interested.

Attachments

• dscn3959.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 860
  • dscn3957.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 850
The problem with carriers like that is :
(1) The car doesnt run.
(2) There are parts (like bumpers) that go with it that are not attached and boxes of parts that need transported with it.

I did not know that. How is your car coming along? I walked into the hotrod shop today, looked at the Demon, turned and walked out. I may need therapy. FYI, the cart you made is really cool looking!

I did not know that. How is your car coming along? I walked into the hotrod shop today, looked at the Demon, turned and walked out. I may need therapy. FYI, the cart you made is really cool looking!

I haven't checked on the car since December 22, I heard his heat was down for several days while waiting on parts. I did get my front seats back from the upholstery lady, the now match the back perfectly and look much better than they did, also got the Dash frame bodywork all done and ready for paint. Did your painter fix the Demon's boo-boo's (not the fat honey one). If you want to post pics of the cart, feel free......someone here might want to copy the design.

Yea, the verdict is still out on the spoiler...been thinking about making a mini Pro-Mod Aluminum bolt on..but well see what happens when it's painted.

My opinion (worth a whole $.02) is that a rear wing of any kind looks like azz unless its at least as wide as the deck lid at the point where it starts to curve down the rear of the car. I like the idea of the mini Pro-mod, but again the pic you show of one is too narrow, doesnt look right to me.
How much longer is your best guess before you get it home?

My opinion (worth a whole $.02) is that a rear wing of any kind looks like azz unless its at least as wide as the deck lid at the point where it starts to curve down the rear of the car. I like the idea of the mini Pro-mod, but again the pic you show of one is too narrow, doesnt look right to me.

Best guess is March/April.......

Sorry to pile on here butt... I have not seen a spoiler on the butt end of a Duster or Demon that looked to me like it belonged there. So there (worth about $.01).
They all look to me like... "Look! It's a race car now!" I like the clean factory butt end on these cars.

Sorry to pile on here butt... I have not seen a spoiler on the butt end of a Duster or Demon that looked to me like it belonged there. So there (worth about $.01).
They all look to me like... "Look! It's a race car now!" I like the clean factory butt end on these cars.

I like the clean lines too but wanted to try to think out of the box.... Wouldn't be the first thing I've changed my mind on during this build. But the body guy spent lots of hours making it fit so I feel bad scraping it now without out giving it a chance.

I haven't checked on the car since December 22, I heard his heat was down for several days while waiting on parts. I did get my front seats back from the upholstery lady, the now match the back perfectly and look much better than they did, also got the Dash frame bodywork all done and ready for paint. Did your painter fix the Demon's boo-boo's (not the fat honey one). If you want to post pics of the cart, feel free......someone here might want to copy the design.

No, not fixed yet. I suppose I'm going to wait until I finish the car to send it to him.

I was going to mention the same thing as well, my preference overall is a clean look. But if going to run one it would need to meet my criteria for width.
I hear you also Ross, you never know till you try it either. Another clean deck lid is an easy enough find if you don't like.

sorry to pile on here butt... I have not seen a spoiler on the butt end of a duster or demon that looked to me like it belonged there. So there (worth about $.01).
They all look to me like... "look! It's a race car now!" i like the clean factory butt end on these cars.

ditto !

I like the wing............
100_2774.jpg

I am looking for a Car Transport from U.S Car Tool in Raleigh/Durham, NC area to Akron, Ohio. 519 miles according to Google maps must have enclosed trailer, car is restored but not running. Had transportation made but .....it looks like it fell through. Looking to get this picked up ASAP. Please P.M me if interested.

Ross just doesn't know what to do with his hands while his car is out for painting so look what happens. :D

Did someone have work done and not pay the bill?

Ross just doesn't know what to do with his hands while his car is out for painting so look what happens. :D

Did someone have work done and not pay the bill?

It actually my Dad's purchase and once the car is home, I might start another build thread, although it pretty much a bolt on new parts build....all the hard work is done. U.S Car Tool in NC was building this car for a customer and before it got 100% completed had some personal issues which caused him not to be able to have the car finished and have been storing it since then.

Fine work you're doing ,just thought I'd toss in an option for rear lights that work for me, of course only if it's legal.

[ame]http://www.motorcyclemetal.com/downloads/How%20To%20Fabricate%20A%20Hidden%20Tail%20Light.pdf[/ame]

It actually my Dad's purchase and once the car is home, I might start another build thread, although it pretty much a bolt on new parts build....all the hard work is done. U.S Car Tool in NC was building this car for a customer and before it got 100% completed had some personal issues which caused him not to be able to have the car finished and have been storing it since then.

Well I hope we get to come along for the ride. If they have documentation of what's been done that would be cool to see too.

Well I hope we get to come along for the ride. If they have documentation of what's been done that would be cool to see too.
They did..... heres a link to over 180 pics of the process and documentation, the car has much more done since those pics, like New glass, complete wiring harness, restored dash and seats......

http://uscartool.com/old/img/70Dart340/

sorry, the one that shows up better when "off" is
http://www.baddad.com/instructions/install/4
no reason why this can't be applied to cars. I thought I should contribute.

Thanks for the compliments, Actually my side Oval markers are done this way. I had considered doing this to the rear lights but passed due to time comstraints. I do plan on having some LED tail lights panels made to match the LED side markers.

-
Back