**73 Scamp Mini Pro-Street Engine Swap**

-
Please stop saying anything nice about me, you're ruining my reputation! LOL

Glad to help out. :thumblef:

Those things are a PIA to get in if you try to do it all under the dash.

I printed the cars wiring diagram and as I suspected one of the big wires that is not hooked up to the back of the fuse block is for the Heater/AC Controls. The wire that is not hooked up is NOT on the hot side, it is switched so there is some relief there.

The other wire that is NOT hooked up is an Accessory terminal. There was something hooked up to it by the evidence but it too was on the "Switched side" so no worries there also.

Later today I will be tearing deeper into the wiring by taking out the Instrument Cluster, Radio and Heater/AC Controls and the glove box and repairing everything that does not work... This includes the Wiper Linkage.... ughhhhhh
did the wiper seals and pivots last sunday on saetuns 73,oh and heater core.its nice when the whole dash is out.**** even the heater core is simple with the dash out.:-\"

Put the dash back together. There are a few more things to clean up but it is all working good. I could not get the blower motor to turn on or the Horn. The horn at the push button on the steering wheel was missing a ground so I fixed that. I traced all the wires and it is something at the bulk head in the engine bay. I did find 4 "FOUR" wires at the bulkhead on the engine bay side that someone just cut flush... Under dash in the car, everything is there and all wires have continuity to the bulk head..... Why would they cut those wires?? "Who-T-F-Know's"....... I ended up tearing into the harness to expose all the wiring..... Holy bageebers batman.. I got some work to do!! Sooooo tomorrow I start on the fiasco under the hood. If it gets too fugly I will be ordering a complete new harness under the hood.

In the Video you see the oil light on........ Your not going to believe this one. The electric choke was disconnected so I figured I'll hook it up... Low and behold some CRACK HEAD hooked the electric choke to the OLD OIL SENDING UNIT WIRE....... That made me bust up laughing when I disconnected it and the Oil light on the dash went out. That was some funny chit. Neighbors must think I am nuts laughing hysterical in there by myself. hahaha

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0NRpsynG1g"]73 scamp - YouTube[/ame]

View attachment phpfM5yKqPM.jpg

View attachment php5h4Ef7PM.jpg

View attachment phpYjIAcfPM.jpg

View attachment phpdOk0msPM.jpg

View attachment phps8Vf4DPM.jpg

View attachment phpzNsg17PM.jpg

View attachment phpXX2hHMPM.jpg

Ok I'll quit. We don't want you looking soft!! haaaa

Just messinn, Thanks again!

Oh and if your not too busy you can come over tomorrow and help me rewire the complete engine bay....... Lol

did the wiper seals and pivots last sunday on saetuns 73,oh and heater core.its nice when the whole dash is out.**** even the heater core is simple with the dash out.:-\"

Yeah it is easy with the complete dash out. Only the cluster and glovebox came out of this one. My 67..... Everything came out and is STILL out! Lol

Ok I'll quit. We don't want you looking soft!! haaaa

Just messinn, Thanks again!

Oh and if your not too busy you can come over tomorrow and help me rewire the complete engine bay....... Lol

I do have the correct crimper and I believe the engine side connectors. :thebirdm: :D
I was planning on heading to Wades place on Saturday... HMmmmm

I actually like doing that stuff.

I do have the correct crimper and I believe the engine side connectors. :thebirdm: :D
I was planning on heading to Wades place on Saturday... HMmmmm

I actually like doing that stuff.

Son of a B. You got all the stuff. I was thinking of making up the wires on the engine bay side with the connectors that go in the bulk head. Damn!

He's a little crusty on the outside but you know he's got to be soft on the inside 'cause he's one of the most helpful guys around. :bootysha:

Lmao,Idaho ! Cracked,had a few conversations,with him .Dude,knows his $bite,and the some. The oil light hook up. That is pretty damn bad.

Dang, talk about a buggered up wiring mess! I'll never understand why people do stuff like that. Glad you have a good attitude about it Louis. I am feeling kind of bad about "helping" Lisa sell the car right about now.

Dang, talk about a buggered up wiring mess! I'll never understand why people do stuff like that. Glad you have a good attitude about it Louis. I am feeling kind of bad about "helping" Lisa sell the car right about now.

It's alot of work but at least I know how to do it all. I don't have alot of $$ into the repairs it's mostly labor probably about $700.00 in parts so far. For sure all the repairs will be finished in a few days then I can start on the engine/ Trans swap.

Ok the glove box royally kicked my butt today. I took it apart and forgot how the dang door hinge went back together. Oh boy that WAS a Fiasco. I re mounted the Tach a little lower using the same mounting holes. Now I can turn on the head lights without magievering the tach around to get the switch pulled out. I also moved the shift light onto the column. It moves with the shifter and is out of site like the tach from another car pulling up next to me! The Interior for now is all done and put back together. I for sure now will start on the engine bay wiring.

View attachment phpnvEFGsPM.jpg

View attachment phptM6EPPPM.jpg

View attachment php4IPJNRPM.jpg

View attachment phpKMJD7APM.jpg

View attachment phpctJn9KPM.jpg

View attachment phpQWA4c3PM.jpg

View attachment phpipMPoYPM.jpg

Very low-key and clean looking. I never used to like green interiors but that looks pretty good.

Thanks! As far as interior color.... At this point I don't care what color it is as long as I don't have to redo it!! :cheers: haaaaaa Lol

louis you did get rid of that plastic oil pressure line right?didn't expect to see that.hey you need a light to tell you it time to shift?lol just messin bud it all looks very sanitary now.

Best be cruisin with sunglasses on,cause I can see that light being on alot!LOL:glasses7:

Hows that song go?Blinded by the light

louis you did get rid of that plastic oil pressure line right?didn't expect to see that.hey you need a light to tell you it time to shift?lol just messin bud it all looks very sanitary now.

I took out the copper one that was all kinked up and replaced it with the Nylon hose that comes with the new gauges. I have always ran the Nylon oil pressure line. It has never let me down as of yet and I have never lost a drop of oil when using it. On the other hand I just took out a big stain on the carpet where the old copper one that came with the car was leaking........ go figure. Probably not the copper lines fault..... Previous installer screw up most likely!!

they wont let you run at a track with that line.well sonoma and sac wont .

they wont let you run at a track with that line.well sonoma and sac wont .

No chit.... Damn I never thought about that. You wont see any of that line when I am done with the engine bay wiring. It will discreetly disappear!

I also just texted my buddy Pete to ask if he has ever got hit for it at the tracks around here. Waiting for a response.

yeah buddy just tryin to save you from getting turned away.it is in the rulebook.Nothing worse then driving (60 miles for me) and getting turned away in tech.nothing.....

yeah buddy just tryin to save you from getting turned away.it is in the rulebook.Nothing worse then driving (60 miles for me) and getting turned away in tech.nothing.....

Yup my buddy Pete who races at all the Southern Cali tracks said they have a HARD ON for nylon oil line. I will be changing it out with braided stainless or something like it before I hit any tracks.

-
Back