74 Swinger Project

-
This car has 15 inch tires and wheels. Tires are new...just bought them, but rims are crap. Have access to some 14 stock complete with tires? What do you all think?

Ok...been reading the tire and wheel forum and still can decide on crap. I bought a set of steelies with caps. They are black...check out the billet silver pics on the challenger and give me an opinion...color match? Or leave black?

Paint is done, car is still a state away. Will post pics when I get time to get up to Va and bring her home!

@ no poseur. I can't wait either. The guys doing the body and paint have been at it longer than I have been alive and don't do phone photos and internet. I have to wait until I get the time to drive to Va until can see the paint scheme on the car.

Ok...definitely not a paint job for the purists!

image-jpg.1714671949

View attachment image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The paint looks great!
I like the pinstripe outline on the hood accent.....

Thanks..wasn't sure how that was going to turn out. The beak on the 74 makes lines a bit different on the nose.

Thanks slotto. It spent a few hours away (months) getting it done. Glad to see it done. Now for rims and interior.

Nope that is a stock hood with a six pack scoop. I had the body shop cut the hood to allow air to flow in and prevent damage to the scoop when I go fast!

No!! I just got the car back before the weekend.......leaking transmission.
The car has been on the road for a year. I just keep telling myself it is a work in progress........:violent1: but sometimes I wonder???

No!! I just got the car back before the weekend.......leaking transmission.
The car has been on the road for a year. I just keep telling myself it is a work in progress........:violent1: but sometimes I wonder???

What I find mildly comical is the parts I chose not to replace because I thought it would save me time and money...and they worked...have not. The 74 was to be a budget build. If I even think it might need replaced on the 72 build it is gone....

Ok, so wiring has been an absolute pain. Everything now working except back up lights. Tackle that this week. Truth is the whole thing needs rewired. I just planned on a budget for this car. I should be happy. I gave it 3 years to be done. It has been a year a year and a half and I am close to getting it on the road. Replaced all weather seals, suspension and brakes redone, glass good, motor built, tranny redone with HD components, and paint and body complete. That gives me a year or so to get the interior, stereo, rims and tires complete. Got 1 of 6 headed off to college this year...that might change things.

I have 5, the oldest is in graduate school......It changes everything

Yep oldest is about to be 18 and youngest is 4 months. My only saving grace is the 2 1/2 year old wanders around the house with a race car in each hand!

-
Back