Adam's Scamp

-
Got my order from Summit yesterday ! Motor mounts, mini starter and the steering adapter. I also just ordered my TTI headers ($700, ouch !) new gas tank and 3/8" sending unit. This thing will be running this spring !

I need to order the fuel, trans and brakes next. Fine lines has the best price.

Got some little stuff painted. Gas tank straps, blower motor parts, horns and my overflow can.

IM000756.jpg

Steering column and 34 year old foam gasket.

IM000757.jpg

Flaming River power to manual column adapter.

IM000758.jpg

IM000759.jpg

Trans-Dapt slant six to V8 mount kit.

IM000760.jpg

Notice the passanger side mount is thicker then the driver side.I all ways ran solid mounts but I'll need to either run a torque strap or just use a solid mount on the driver side with this set up..

IM000756.jpg

IM000757.jpg

IM000758.jpg

IM000759.jpg

IM000760.jpg

I am keeping an eye on you projected.You are are doing everything perfect.
keep it up, and thank's AdamR :thumbup:

Your making me anxious to start my assembly photo-log. Your car is coming along nicely Adam! Between you, me, and all the other winter projects there should be a whole fleet of A Bodies loose on the streets this summer.

Thanks guys, It feels good to get stuff done even if its small stuff. Heck Im happy to be able to walk out in to the garage and look at the car for once.

I found out a friend just picked up 2 Dart 4 door cars for parts. I'm going to see how the front sheet metal is and maybe build a 70 Dart Swinger 340. So I may have some real clean Duster sheet metal for sale soon.

Hey Adam,
I guess I missed it somewhere,but when did you change your mind to keep this car?Werent you going to get a mustang or something.I feel alot better now that your building this bad boy. :thumbup:

Also how much did the FR steering adapter run?

Johnny, as soon as the car was in my new garage and I realized I could actually get things done I lost the desire to buy something else.

The Flaming River adapter is around $120 but it has a U-joint that replaces the factory coupling unlike the other adapters out there. Its also made out of stainless.

Looking good Adam. :thumbup: Cant wait to see it together. I know what you mean about the TTI's . Expensive but well worth the money IMO... Keep the pics coming.. :toothy7:

I started spraying the engine compartment this morning. The color is way off. To light. Maybe if I had used a darker gray or black primer it would look right. Actually I like the color better it just doesnt match at all. Hopefully after a few more coats it will be better.

My wife is going to kill me when she comes home to a house stinking of single stage. :angel9:

Heres a few pictures. These are pretty light coats but I dont think 2 more coats will darken it up enough.

IM000774.jpg

IM000773.jpg

Compared to this color

DSCF0047.jpg

IM000774.jpg

IM000773.jpg

DSCF0047.jpg

Looks like you dont have any of the holes on the side for the trim,lucky.I will have to have mine welded. :-|

Looking good !!!!

AdamR said:
Heres a few pictures. These are pretty light coats but I dont think 2 more coats will darken it up enough.

Nice. I can't tell for sure from the picture but it's looking a little translucent (and quite green compared to the rootbeer exterior). A full wet coat might help - and very important with that metallic.

70Duster440 said:
Nice. I can't tell for sure from the picture but it's looking a little translucent (and quite green compared to the rootbeer exterior). A full wet coat might help - and very important with that metallic.

Well a heavier coat helped. To bad im not a good painter and now its got a few runs. LOL I'll let it dry, sand out the runs and try again.

IM000777.jpg

IM000776.jpg

IM000777.jpg

IM000776.jpg

Some parts showed up from Mancini Racing today. New gas tank and 3/8" sending unit are in. Still waiting for the TTI's.

IM000778.jpg

Seeing the Tawney Gold isnt even a close match to the original ( Im not the only one thats had this problem) I may just jam the engine color in B3 blue which would be my first choice for a color on this thing. Then that means at some point I'll have to repaint the entire car.

IM000778.jpg

I'm going to come and work with you Adam. My "A" body isn't coming along as fast...lol You must have heat in your garage which would help on my end too....Cause i know you aren't a winter person! and i have a buch of parts that need painting; i need that sub-zero rated paint. Looking good though; glad you shook off that blue oval nightmare you were having...

Yeah jack. See you on the 17th mystery guest. Michelle is a bad party planner

My TTIs just showed up ! I'll snap some pictures after work. These things are heavy !

Pictures !!!

Driver side header

IM000790.jpg

IM000789.jpg

Passenger side header

IM000787.jpg

IM000786.jpg

Thermal coating inside

IM000788.jpg

My thoughts on these. Thy're a work of art. Anyone that thinks a cheap set of headers are just as good hasnt held these in there hands. This is the second set of TTIs Ive owned. The first set were 1-7/8" 440 E body headers. These are even nicer.

I paid the extra for ceramic coating and thermal coating inside. Im glad I did even though it means I have to wait on purchasing other parts.

The flanges are nice and think so warping shouldn't be a problem.

Theres a nice open spot on the drivers side header for the starter. They say you can get the mini starter in and out with the header bolted up.

Theres room to run the size smaller oil filter with out the right angle adapter.

And the best part is they don't hang really low.

They are a bit on the heavy side compared to my Hooker Super Comps. That may mean more to a racer then a street car.

Also the Hooker Super Comps have a longer collector length which helps build torque.

Over all I'm very happy with them. :headbang:

IM000790.jpg

IM000789.jpg

IM000787.jpg

IM000786.jpg

IM000788.jpg

-
Back