Alterkation or HemiDenny

-
That is a 67 shell my younger brother picked up locally a few years back. It already had the 8 point cage. It is in his project stable. He wants to add lights and a driveline and drive it the way you see it....like a Mopar rat rod.

We put a HDK in it to take to the Nats for show and tell.....with real light springs so you could easily bounce on the nose to see the supension movement and overall fitment.

Another advantage of the HDK is that the engine mounts leave a ton of room around oil pump on a big block. I am building a stroker now with external oiling and no mods need to be made.

How does the hdk do ina drag car ?? Anybody done some small wheelies with them ??

I have the Hemi Denny k in my 67 fish and I couldn't be happier. I just got it all together and only a few quick blasts down the road ( no alignment yet ) before winter got here. Even without alignment all I can say is wow! Night and day difference going from all new stock front end to an HDK! Denny's customer service is second to none, the man talked to me like we had been best friends for 20 years every time I called. Very high quality piece, his welder is a true artist and I almost couldn't cover them with black. The HDK is the best mod I've ever made to my car and I would do it again and never look back:)

I have the Hemi Denny k in my 67 fish and I couldn't be happier. I just got it all together and only a few quick blasts down the road ( no alignment yet ) before winter got here. Even without alignment all I can say is wow! Night and day difference going from all new stock front end to an HDK! Denny's customer service is second to none, the man talked to me like we had been best friends for 20 years every time I called. Very high quality piece, his welder is a true artist and I almost couldn't cover them with black. The HDK is the best mod I've ever made to my car and I would do it again and never look back:)

It's hard to put into words isn't it! Pretty rad to hop in your 40+ year old car and drive with your arm on the window sill and one finger on the wheel.

Ya I've heard so much good about his stuff I think this is the route I wanna go just curious about drag application cause that's my plan for my dart

I sleep so much better knowing a 40 year old set of torsion bars Isnt what's keeping me stable at 120 mph... so happy with my HDK I will be using one on every mopar I put together.

Ya I've heard so much good about his stuff I think this is the route I wanna go just curious about drag application cause that's my plan for my dart

Thanks for the interest.....

Advantage of the HDK

1) weight reduction.....approx 30 lbs when comparing manual factory to a manual HDK. This does NOT account for ANY reduction in weight for a lighter brake package simply because that can be done with either set-up

2) improved high speed stability. On the drag cars , most are running 6 degrees positive caster even on their manual steer cars. Besides the precise steering, tilting the spindle further rearward (positive caster) improves high speed stability

3) As far as I know....HDK is the ONLY aftermarket K that provides integrated lower control arm bump stops. If you do happen to come down hard on the nose.....you are not relying on your shock to stop the supension compression (bump stop). Most cars that have enough bite and horsepower for wheelstands.....more than likely have a cage with snout bars for additional support, , however with the HDK, the integrated bump stop ceases suspension travel on an extremely strong section of the K frame and NOT the upper shock supports. (as some assume).

4) small block to big block.....same K, just swap the poly spool mounts. There is NO need for any kind of torque strap either.......these mounts will not rip apart or allow your powerplant to torque over.

5) let's not forget about all the room gained and clearance issues eliminated by the non-existence of not only the steering box but also the pitman arm, idler arm, and drag link.......not to mention no torsion bars to work around.

6) the K and components are a thing of beauty. The comments by others are correct, the guy that welds them (Mark ******) has been fabricating race cars for decades.....and his work shows it. There is never need for me to critique his work, my jaw normally drops when I see how he interprets my cocktail napkin sketches.

Hope I get a shot at your business,
Denny

Denny I'm pretty sure you will have my business I will be getting ahold of you hopefully soon my dart was put on hold for quite some time from a back injury and surgery so I'm starting to put more time into the car now

-
Back