Alterkation or HemiDenny

-
A lot of bad mouthing magnum force! how about some real world facts from some one that has run one on the street and strip?
handling problems? breakage? alignment?
I have one installed, car not running yet,only see 2 things I might re-inforce later.
come on lets heart it!!---------------------------------------bob:read:

Do a search on any of the mopar forums and you'll see what you want.

Early on there was problems with bad welds. The entire time there has been fitment and geometry issues.

I know I have stopped at rms a couple of times and saw two different cars (at different times) there getting a magnumforce set up torn out and an alter-k installed.

Sounds to me like it should be $1000 more; not $1000 less.

Here is the good news.....after my meeting with *pricing* on Monday there will be no price increase. I simply enjoy all the builds too much to miss out on even one build because I priced myself to the point is wasn't somewhat affordable. (I remember reading "affordability" was important on a thread or two somewhere....maybe not?)

I think HemiMark figured it out a long time ago, the difference between me and the others guys........(at maybe $800, give or take, less than an equal/comparable package)...., if you haven't figured it out yet...it ain't about making money. I'll bet Bill will agree with me on that.

Mopar to ya'
Denny

LOL...I guess if I wanted to cut up the whole car and have the engine sticking out of the hood I could have gotten it lower.

I guess I should have said I cant get it lower without hacking up my car more. I hacked on it enough and it is what it is.....good enough for me. :D

Not hacking. HOT RODDING!!!

the new milodon road race pans are also a great set up. they have trap doors and baffles to control the oil .

The Milodon pan and pickup are sitting in the box on the hood of the car right now. The clean, standard bore 400 block is in the garage so that he can build a stroker for it. After that it's the transmission (something more than the four gears that it had) and probably looking at the rear end (currently an 8-3/4 with a 3.23SG).

LOL...I guess if I wanted to cut up the whole car and have the engine sticking out of the hood I could have gotten it lower.

I guess I should have said I cant get it lower without hacking up my car more. I hacked on it enough and it is what it is.....good enough for me. :D

Just Ball Bustin a little....your car looks awesome, I wouldn't change a thing...

I'd prolly use a Hemi Denny K if I was on a budget, or if it was mainly a drag car. But knowing Bill and how awesome his unit is, along with having an outstanding track record for the time they have been out (over 10 years) I'd choose the AlterK. I'm very happy with my RMS.

Not badmouthing HemiDenny's product in anyway. But I like to stick with whats been workin, and workin well. :happy8:

Just Ball Bustin a little....your car looks awesome, I wouldn't change a thing...

I agree...Mops car is a jaw dropper.

I'm just stricken with the *what if* disease...it's a curse, please forgive me:prayer:

If I wanted to skip a front K member all together and just get a full chassis....anyone know of anyone that makes one?
I been looking at the Art Morrison catalog, but no mopar applications....
After buying a new front end, doing a 4 link or whatever in the rear, sub frame connectors.....maybe an entire chassis would be more prudent?

The roadster shop. They also offer a IRS.
http://roadstershop.com/product/chassis/muscle-car/

I took the barracuda out for a spin.... of course Don was with me.... This car is really, really fast.........But it needs your front suspension.....

I took the barracuda out for a spin.... of course Don was with me.... This car is really, really fast.........But it needs your front suspension.....

I got one with your name on it......how soon you ready do a test fit?

i will be buying a coil over suspension for my 68 cuda. it will be a street car with a 572-605 rb motor. i have not made my mind up as to a RMS or HEMIDENNY.

i tried looking for a site to get info on the hemidenny and could not find one. i would like to compare the two. i am ready to buy now, about how long does it take to get it, after ordering? whitch would be better for mainly a street car? i have no desire to do any road course driving. only street and some track.

mine took about a month and a half to get it from denny. he tailors it to what you want/need.

in my case i needed to mount a 400 low deck, i wanted the sway bar, did not want to be 1" lowered (some guys want that), i got the QA1 ball joints, and i got the shock support hoops

i will be buying a coil over suspension for my 68 cuda. it will be a street car with a 572-605 rb motor. i have not made my mind up as to a RMS or HEMIDENNY.

i tried looking for a site to get info on the hemidenny and could not find one. i would like to compare the two. i am ready to buy now, about how long does it take to get it, after ordering? whitch would be better for mainly a street car? i have no desire to do any road course driving. only street and some track.

All I can say is "Custom" takes longer. That is why I went with HemiDenny. I wanted the Flat Deck look because I had the Cow Catcher Scoop look, it was nice for awhile but the "The Flat Deck" won out over a few years of the big scoop look

PS, it took me a looong time/while to convince HD to do a front end for me..........so that is what started it AGAIN!!!!

Attachments

• 41_f.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 918
  • _MG_5783-sm.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 885
mine took about a month and a half to get it from denny. he tailors it to what you want/need.

in my case i needed to mount a 400 low deck, i wanted the sway bar, did not want to be 1" lowered (some guys want that), i got the QA1 ball joints, and i got the shock support hoops

thanks moparlover. i will be running 15" wheels. will the hemidenny work better with that size wheel? i know the altercation puts the wheel farther out.

Should be getting my Hemi Denny front end soon.....

He sent me this photo with the tow hook that I had asked him about....

Attachments

• kframe.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 722
-
Back