Am I nuts? 1940 Plymouth Commercial Car (Truck)

Am I crazy

• Yes, you will never get it done in time

Votes: 7 3.4%
  • Yes, she will think "why do we need another car"

Votes: 10 4.9%
  • No, Go for it, you can get it done!

Votes: 75 36.9%
  • No, she will love it even if it is not finished in time

Votes: 115 56.7%

• Total voters
-
I have been told from an old timer that the right hand only door lock was standard on all cars because that was the side that was not mud when you went into the city and locked it up. In the country it was safe unlocked. Back then the roads were mud and tough to drive on.

Looking real good. And I would assume that number one won the poll. hahaha

Incredible work guys.. This truck is gonna make a smart-looking cruiser indeed. I just love watching guys who can do great fab work.

Grant

I have been told from an old timer that the right hand only door lock was standard on all cars because that was the side that was not mud when you went into the city and locked it up. In the country it was safe unlocked. Back then the roads were mud and tough to drive on.

I was always told it was because the guy would unlock the door for his wife, and then she would reach over to unlock his door as he walked around to the driver's side of the truck.

Any new updates sine the last post? Looking forward to seeing more of this build!

Nice project. Very nice job on fabrication work.:burnout:

Thanks! We took a little break from the truck to get a few easy jobs through the door but Tuesday I should be getting back on it, the fenders and cab are all ready to be primed then it's time to get everything mounted to the Dakota frame.

I have a 39 Plymouth pick up my wife is in love with. At my speed I better get started even though her 50th birthday is six years away.

I'm going to start with a short bed Dakota since I shouldn't need to cut the frame.

Have you mounted the steering column yet?

Anything happening with the build? Hadn't seen anything in a while-just curious...

Sorry, these are all cell phone shots, so not the best quality, but here is some more progress. Ross got the yoke fitted which required cutting the front frame rails and welding in a U bracket that supports the yoke for both the radiator and the front fenders. It will also be the connection for the front bumper (which we have not decided if we will run with or without yet). Once he got the yoke in place, he could finalize the placement of the cab and the engine mounts. As you can see from the side shots, the truck sits nicely over the front wheels.

Attachments

• 0926121401.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 576
  • 9300_375011195913765_567130602_n.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 539
  • downsized951031121149a.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 530
  • 0926121401-001.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 543
Looking awsome. I was wondering when we would see some more **** of the truck.

Sub here also. This is way too cool! Excellent work btw! Question, since you are using the keys from the Dak , it does have a fob right? Could you fab the keyless entry into the old doors?

-
Back