Any 10 second "All Throttle" 318's in door cars ?

-
the complete and running '85 318 that we pulled from the '80 D150. We have brand new Speedmaster heads still in the box. 273 adjustable rockers/shafts and push rods. We have brand new air gaps in the box, but will probably use a old used single plane for cheap. I have roller cams for cores to have reground. We have gaskets laying around. We have a 318 car oil pan and pick up tube. And soon we'll have the dual quad set up laying around.
Go for it!!

What does any of that got to do with this thread ?
You think a guy that goes under the name 318willrun for the last 10 years was brainwashed by Tony to use 318's ?
In box is full!
This guy is obviously mentally short. He can’t even keep the thread straight in his head and now he wants to beat up the world.

There are a few different ways to build HP. RPM or cubic inch is 2 of them. I like RPM myself.
I concur, Rpm is basically a form of displacement, I call dynamic displacement, a 318 spinning 13% higher than a 360 has the ability to displace the same volume of fuel and air. Most get caught up in an engine's non running static displacement.

High RPM = high $$$

Don't think that the 318 has some magic that makes it rev happy. It doesn't.

Weiand 7545 ..... I might like this intake for this build..... Thinking out loud of course

great choice. Love that intake. My favorite moderate performance small port single plane.
been 10.70’s with it on several combo’s
I like first hand experience feedback, thanks
:thumbsup:

Not just trying to disagree I promise. I just don't think that's enough.
That's ok, but I have to ask because I am not sure how we would know that? We'd have to have a goal to know if it is enough, and I have not set a goal.

I like first hand experience feedback, thanks
:thumbsup:

one of the few( if any) single planes which doesn’t seem to give up the bottom to dual planes, yet pulls good up to 6500 or so.
Its ports are on the small side. Good velocity, and can be opened up Good bit. Opened mine up on my current 418 ran good, until I swapped to the Bloomers and Victor last season.
Guy who bought my Eddie’s and that intake sent isn’t going to use them anytime soon, he jumped up to Indy heads. Thought he was just gonna bolt them on and go. Would be an ideal stock stroke top end for someone.

It might be worth a call to Jim at Racer Brown after you figure out your combo. Or maybe even now before you start
My plan was to call Oregon cam grinders and see if they could do something as aggressive with the cams I have.... but Jim would be a great call as well

Not currently. I would think around .550 lift and maybe 244 @050 with a tight LSA - maybe 106 ?

I ran 565 lift cam on 106, in at 102 with that intake on my 10 to 1 360.
swapped it to my current 418. It’s 260@50.
My buddy I sold my 360 to, bought a Howard’s solid on a 106 that is around 244@50 to run in his Scamp that’s in the works.
he has my old 950 and airgap, and bought new China Edelbrock knockoffs. Car is light, probably won’t be more than 3000 with him in it. Gonna be a scampering Scamp…lol
has 4.10 gear and a nice 8 inch TA vert for it

244@ 50 cam might not be enough to get a 318 in the 10’s, it’s possible, but I would want something bigger.
your gonna need convertor anyhow, might as well put a big boy stick in it, if your serious.
I didn't really want to upgrade the springs on the heads. They have 350 psi over the nose at .600 (???) if I remember correctly. Cam you recommended is a nice one. Really hoping to stick with a roller. Yes, converter is coming anyways. I don't really have a goal of 10's or any other number. I asked for "10's" because I wanted to look at more of the wild-built 318's ...

I didn't really want to upgrade the springs on the heads. They have 350 psi over the nose at .600 (???) if I remember correctly. Cam you recommended is a nice one. Really hoping to stick with a roller. Yes, converter is coming anyways. I don't really have a goal of 10's or any other number. I asked for "10's" because I wanted to look at more of the wild-built 318's ...
We haven't seen many wild built 318's. But we're gonna watch you build one and have the # fall where it will. 11.50 would be nice wouldn't it.
a # to work with at least.

We haven't seen many wild built 318's. But we're gonna watch you build one and have the # fall where it will. 11.50 would be nice wouldn't it.
a # to work with at least.
Yes, let the numbers fall where they may..... may be a flop at 13.00 or may make me really happy and turn a 11.70. I have 4.30's on a spool.

Nice cam recommended, it’s on a 108, hood for the 2.02 head combo. Good lift numbers for the head flow.

I get you don’t want to change springs but it’s small change to get them for the cam you want. I’ve heard good things about the Excelerator.

Nice cam recommended, it’s on a 108, hood for the 2.02 head combo. Good lift numbers for the head flow.

I get you don’t want to change springs but it’s small change to get them for the cam you want. I’ve heard good things about the Excelerator.
I will actually call a place, like Oregon cam grinders, and tell Ken the combo, what I have for a core, and see what he says. That will be my first step when it comes to the cam.

-
Back