Anybody swapped from an airgap to a victor on 360

-
I agree fully. It's off topic, but once I had purchased a vehicle that had a short branch Weiand Xcellerator on a 318, it looked like a Chevy intake re cast for a small block Mopar, not like a 7510 xcellerator.. I believe an early 360 two barrel iron intake would have been a better choice.

Last edited:
I did one a while back that swapped from an air gap to a Porter rubbed on Victor. IIRC, the TQ was down 10-15 around 3500-4000, peak HP was up about 20+

Lost it and moved it up, peak TQ moved up 500rpm. That was only swapping the intake, slapping the carb on which maintained the same rough AF through the pull.

Looking at the sheets, it was peaking at 4600-4800 with airgap and 5200 with victor. It was running a bit fat at the time and was the only A to B test. I think the TQ may have moved down a bit as the AF cleaned up. Typical older 950HP garbage metering block horsecrap right off the bottom.

To the OP.... how strong will that Howard's cam pull? Will it run out of wind at 7k?

To the OP.... how strong will that Howard's cam pull? Will it run out of wind at 7k?

I wouldn't think so. I shift at 6 and stripe at about 6400. Not close to using it up
With a bone stock bottom end i don't lean on it more than that. Why i originally went airgap.
Been impressed with the cam. Makes really good power, and being on a 106 and in at 102 it sounds mighty gnarly..... love it.
I probably dont have enough motor for it, but they had in on the shelf when i needed a cam quick. Tryed to fit the combo/ vert to it best i can.
Be perfect for a flattop 11/12 to 1 408/416, especially with a 1.6 rocker

Been 7.19 best. Typically in the 20’s at 94 and change. Its touched 95 a few times
thanks for the info. seeing how we are talking about small block intakes, what do you or anybody think about the Indy 360? I am using one on the 5.9 magnum in my Dakota.

thanks for the info. seeing how we are talking about small block intakes, what do you or anybody think about the Indy 360? I am using one on the 5.9 magnum in my Dakota.

As much as i hate Indy, that intake, IMO, is the best piece out there for smallblock for a race single plane

I'm running one on my Indy headed 434, the engine makes good power.

The Ultimate racing single plane for the small black Chrysler, this IS the best 4bbl. go fast intake manifold period!

-
Back