Anyone else sick of all the ads popping up all over this site lately?

-
Here is the next test on the same Windows 7 desktop computer, this time using Firefox web browser accessing the ForAbodiesOnly web site.

No Ads, top, sides, or bottom

No Ads

Firefox Gold 1.png

And Bottom Page veiw below, No Ads.

Firefox Gold 2.png

In regards to all the adds, looks like a cash grab to me.
I always wondered how long it would take until someone capitalized on this site. Looks like the time is here.

George Jets.
I see that your also a "gold member" so you should be in the "no ads" category, too.
Would this Firefox program work, in doing away with ads, if you weren't a gold member that's supposed to significantly do away with ads?

George Jets.
I see that your also a "gold member" so you should be in the "no ads" category, too.
Would this Firefox program work, in doing away with ads, if you weren't a gold member that's supposed to significantly do away with ads?

Yes, putting the Firefox web browser on your Windows 7 Desktop computer will 100% do away with the Ads, along with having your Gold Membership.

I always wondered how long it would take until someone capitalized on this site. Looks like the time is here.
Damn that passes me off. Joey is the owner of all these sites and it's business. His store. It's how he feeds his family and pays his utility bills and house payment. If he can allow some ads to be posted to help pay for the thousands he pays every year for servers, updates, tech support, and the like then so be it. I am on a lot of Mopar sites on the net and this particular one is the absolute best. For all we get here it should be a mandatory membership fee. It is pretty bold to complain here when every benefit you get here is free. Rant over!

Yes, putting the Firefox web browser on your Windows 7 Desktop computer will 100% do away with the Ads, along with having your Gold Membership.
Thank's for that heads up.
I'm gonna give my "computer guru" a phone call tomorrow, and talk to him about this Firefox Browser changeover.
Honest with you, i'm rather apprehensive doing it on my own, even though it's probably a painless thing to do.
I'm a guy that hates changes.

Here is one more test on my main Desktop Computer running Linux operating system and Firefox Web Browser.
No Ads

As I have been doing this testing to get to the bottom of this Ads Problem, I now remember 2 years ago dealing with the exact same issue with the Ads coming in on my Android Phone running the Google Chrome browser that came factory on my phone.

This is the very reason I ditched Google Chrome web browser in the first place and switched to Firefox, this was 2 years ago so this is not a problem with the New ForAbodiesOnly website upgrade.

Although it does happen to be a coincidence that Google Chrome decided to start pushing out the ads again at the same time.
They are tracking your IP Address and spaming you back with Local Car Dealerships and local Big Box stores to put Ads up on your veiwing in hopes you will go out and buy from the people advertizing.

I checked the Temporary Internet Files on the Windows 7 Desktop computer after going out with Google Chrome. Sure enough there were files in there called > Google Chrome URL Fetch.tmp (temporary internet files, then I deleted them)

Oh yeah, you can bet Google Chrome is tracking your IP address and tracking your every move.
Good Time to Ditch Them, protecting your personal information is more important.

Here are the Ad Free web site visits with the Linux Computer running Firefox Browser below:

Linux Firefox 1.png

No Ads on bottom of the page either, Gold Membership too of course.

Linux Firefox 2.png

Thank's for that heads up.
I'm gonna give my "computer guru" a phone call tomorrow, and talk to him about this Firefox Browser changeover.
Honest with you, i'm rather apprehensive doing it on my own, even though it's probably a painless thing to do.
I'm a guy that hates changes.

Yeah give your computer tech a call, it will be an easy task for him.
I am an old Computer Tech myself, had my own Computer Consulting/Service business for 5 years as my last career.

Thanks

Yeah give your computer tech a call, it will be an easy task for him.
I am an old Computer Tech myself, had my own Computer Consulting/Service business for 5 years as my last career.

Thanks
Ya, my computer guru drilled it into my head, a long time ago, not to do anything with the computer(s) without asking him first, when i downloaded something that i shouldn't have, that he had to go in and fix.
Ever since that time I'm apprehensive about doing something, that i haven't done before with this computer, and internet stuff.

Damn that passes me off. Joey is the owner of all these sites and it's business. His store. It's how he feeds his family and pays his utility bills and house payment. If he can allow some ads to be posted to help pay for the thousands he pays every year for servers, updates, tech support, and the like then so be it. I am on a lot of Mopar sites on the net and this particular one is the absolute best. For all we get here it should be a mandatory membership fee. It us pretty bold to complain here when every benefit you get here is free. Rant over!

Actually this Ads thing is nothing new, Google Chrome did the exact same thing 2 years ago. That is when I downloaded the Firefox App from the Google Play Store and installed it on my Android phone and never looked back.

Take it easy on Joey, he is working his *** off getting all of the regular bugs off this new sight. Just so happens that this is a Google Chrome thing affecting our website. And yes the viewed ads generate monies for Google, if they can slip them in on you.

I like my Gold Membership:

Helps keep our mopar website up and running and pays Joey.
Able to upload and pass to other members photos in the PM communications to help explain things.
Much Much Larger message box so it does not get full on you, stopping all communications with members when full.
Gold Membership keeps the Ads away when you use the correct web browser.

There have been a few members trying desperately to get in touch with other members but could not because the message box was full, no way to contact them.

So I would go in as an unknown, grant the person with the full inbox a Gold Membership to open it up again. Then the messages started flowing through and communications opened up again. With nobody knowing or even caring how it happened, they just got in contact with their person and kept rolling.

Pay It Forward

Gold Memberships have their rewards.

1665978825238.jpeg

Well, all this browser talk is gettin off track, BUT, since it came up, I CANNOT STAND Firefox browser. I have Chrome and love it. If they're trackin me, then come on to the house. I got somethin for ya. I don't give a CRAP about that kinda stuff. I use what WORKS. And Chrome SLAP WORKS.

Do you honestly think that Joey runs these sites for ***** and giggles......or out of pure kindness to all of mankind???

Really ?????

Do you honestly think that Joey runs these sites for ***** and giggles......or out of pure kindness to all of mankind???

Really ?????
Well of course. We all know Joey has nothin better to do with his life than run a bunch of web sites for FREE where a bunch of jackasses can hang out. lol

Talked with my "computer guru" and now have "Firefox" on my desktop computer as the browser.
Getting used to it, as really not that much to get used to.
I had Internet Explorer before this, and my computer guy told me it's useless, in this modern computer world.
And yes, all the ads are now gone off this A bodies site, with me being a gold member, as well.
At this time, wish i could afford gold, over on the B bodies site too, but not for now.

Last edited:
Talked with my "computer guru" and now have "Firefox" on my desktop computer as the browser.
Getting used to it, as really not that much to get used to.
I had Internet Explorer before this, and my computer guy told me it's useless, in this modern computer world.
And yes, all the ads are now gone off this A bodies site, with me being a gold member, as well.
At this time, wish i could afford gold, over on the B bodies site too, but not for now.

I don't like firefox myself. Firefox is known to not always play well with some features you find on websites today. There is a reason they have only about 3% of the market.

I don't like firefox myself. Firefox is known to not always play well with some features you find on websites today. There is a reason they have only about 3% of the market.

That's because those web sites that act up want to track people that are going to them. Firefox allows you to shut off the web site tracking and and online surfing habits.

Works well for me on all web sites I visit. They have a lot bigger market share than 3%, the Microsoft / Google crowd just don't want to admit it.

That's because those web sites that act up want to track people that are going to them. Firefox allows you to shut off the web site tracking and and online surfing habits.

Works well for me on all web sites I visit. They have a lot bigger market share than 3%, the Microsoft / Google crowd just don't want to admit it.

Actually, no. Firefox has a tendency to do things that don't conform to norms in the programming industry and expect the industry to conform to them, which often does not happen.

As far as online tracking... That is a big subject that, in my opinion, most people give too much weight to. They tend to think its a bigger threat then it really is, and then they don't realize the things that are available and are a potentially bigger threat.

For example. Do you have a cell phone? It knows exactly where you are, you you've called, how long you spoke to them, who you've sent texts to, what you said in those texts. Do you have cable or satellite tv? They track your viewing habits. Do you have internet service? They can track everything you do online. Do you drive? There are cameras everywhere these days that read your license plates and can follow your movements. Do you have email? They know everyone who emails you and that you email, and the content of those emails. They know when you read those emails and which emails you deleted without reading. Credit card companies know everything you buy. I could go on but you get my point.

There is so much more, but you get my point.

So worrying about "online tracking" is really just worrying about one small factor out of many bigger ones.

As far as Market Share: Browser Market Share Worldwide | Statcounter Global Stats

Yes, Also just tested with my Basement Windows 7 Desktop computer using Google Chrome web browser. Brought up the forabodiesonly web site to sign in and Ads for the local car dealership scrolling at the top header and Ads down full length on the right hand side.

Then signed into my Gold account to access the site, top and side ads disappeared, but there was a new ad down at the bottom now.

Same thing, Ditch Google Chrome and Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge web browsers and Switch to Firefox = No More Ads.

i run google chrome with ad block and the duck duck go extension and i don't get any of the garbage.

As far as online tracking... That is a big subject that, in my opinion, most people give too much weight to.

I know I see it a lot, and I don't really care for it, lol. Especially when you start seeing ads based on a physical conversation you had with someone.

There was a half dozen of us sitting around at a buddy's place one afternoon shooting the breeze. A few hours later after I got home I started getting ads on my phone and on my PC for things that we spoke about. No one did a search of any kind while we were there, we did all have our phones laying on the table though. After checking with a couple of the others, they were getting the same ads on their stuff.

I know I see it a lot, and I don't really care for it, lol. Especially when you start seeing ads based on a physical conversation you had with someone.

There was a half dozen of us sitting around at a buddy's place one afternoon shooting the breeze. A few hours later after I got home I started getting ads on my phone and on my PC for things that we spoke about. No one did a search of any kind while we were there, we did all have our phones laying on the table though. After checking with a couple of the others, they were getting the same ads on their stuff.

You can put your phone on "Airplane Mode" when sitting around talking with friends.

It shuts down the access to your phone from the prying eyes and ears.

Turn off the airplane mode when you leave, and you are back up and running again.

Pretty bad this day and age, when we have to take defensive steps to keep outsiders from listening to our conversations.

20221020_115851.jpg

It shuts down the access to your phone from the prying eyes and ears

Interesting. I was stunned to say the least. No one searched anything, no internet connection at his place. We were talking gun parts, and some by brand name. I get home and those same part ads came up, by brand, lol.

-
Back