Should I do a FABO "Secret Santa"?

• Yes, I would be interested.

Votes: 33 45.2%
  • No, not interested.

Votes: 40 54.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-
That isnt really nessary guys but I appreciate the thought.

But since I know yall wont leave this one alone. DusterDude you make stickers right?? This keeps you from spending money which yall have done your part too. Remember them Plymouth quarter panel Stickers I was asking you about not too long ago? I appreciate the gesture you guys are doing. Which is why I want to see the secret santa again next year.

I will put in a few dollars also, Dusterdude, let us know how much you need to make the Plymouth decal happen.
Dusterdude72, how ironic this must be for you seeing who the deadbeat is, but this is what I PM'd to Anthony Larson, AKA "Moose" email of deer_fool8@yahoo.com:

If that is true, I wish you the best. But you are posting all over this board and have not taken care of what is right. It has been long enough and you have had enough chances. Other guys are putting together a gift to take care of your lack of respect and morals.
JR

Oh man....thats a bummer, I can't believe the guy who I was a "santa" to was the "dead beat".

I guess that's why he never posted on the thread about receiving my gift because he wanted to avoid the hole deal?.

:angry7:

just bummed out man......kind of pissed someone would take part and gladly accept a gift and then screw someone out of their own gift.

well, what is done is done and word is out so he has hurt no one but himself i suppose.

Ok back to the subject here, yeah I can do the plymouth quarter panel stickers for you if thats what you are wanting?.

and whoever wants to pitch in on the deal and help out ....no problem, awesome that a couple people offered to chip in on this so we don't have to have one of our own go without. Just send me a PM and we can talk it over. and depending if there is any $$$ left over from whoever wants to pitch in on this than maybe we can figure out something else to get on top of the stickers?

I am trying to remember what the dimensions of the stickers were that I made for another member. I want to say that something like the PLYMOUTH call out for a quarter panel would be roughly 22" w x 6" h

I normally charge $0.18 per square in which would make it $23.76 per sticker, x 2 stickers would be $47.52 plus about $10.00 for the flat rate box to put them in.....so I would NORMALLY charge $57.52 so some of those stickers sent to your door.

so anyone that wants to pitch in anything on it, just let me know.

and scamp send me a PM and let me know if the dimension I posted above would work for you? the hole sticker will not be 6" tall just in case you were thinking it sounded a little "thick" most of it will be 4" tall, its only 6" tall because of the "drop down" of the Y in the word plymouth.

also, I only have white vinyl right now if thats ok with you? otherwise, we all may have to do some brain storming to figure out something different for you.

rather you like it or not, we are going to make sure you do not go without.

whoever wants to pitch in or talk things over or has any ideas or whatever just send me a PM

the hole thing sounds a little fishy to me....I just read through his "moms" thread.

I hate to doubt.....I have talked with him before and I have no problem with him and he seems to be a great fabo member which is why I feel bad about thinking negatively about him.

but at the same time you have to be honest with yourself....everyone has known about this since november and here it is halfway to febuary already! and still no gift!......injury in the last week or not, that's no excuse for not being responsible enough to stay obligated to what everyone signed up for with the time frame we all had to work with.

maybe I just think this way?

I would hope he would make things right and clear this hole thing up....and I am on board for waiting it out if everyone else is....but at the same time I don't think its really fair to keep scamp waiting any longer yet....who knows, even if he does clear things up...might be another 3 weeks before he finally gets a gift sent out LOL:toothy10:.

kind of like sitting down at the family table for dinner and watching everyone else eat while your sitting there with a grumbling tummy HAHA.

I don't think he is a bad kid of should be made out to be a bad person.....just maybe he got in over his head and couldnt afford it or something and didnt know how to break the news that he was backing out? who knows.

one thing I do know is that we wont let this gig that JR has put on leave a sour taste in anyones mouth ....so next year we can all do this again because it was fun and exciting and would make for a cool annual event.

Thanks again JR for putting it on and to everyone else who has been active in the hole thing.

Well then Ok.....

Everyone that wants to help pay for the Secret Santa (Plymouth stickers) for 72ScampTramp send DusterDude72 a private message saying that you are willing to help out.

After DusterDude72 has received the PMs he can then divide the price amongst everyone making it easier on everybody.

I will now send a PM to DusterDude72 confirming that I will send money after we find out what the divided cost will be.

If this doesn't sound like a good method of getting everything together for ScampTramp72 then let me know.

PM sent, let me know what sounds like the best route to you and if you have any other suggestions maybe?

PM sent to help buy the gift.
I am not buying Moose's excuse. That post did not come out until after I emailed him. And I am not buying that his diing wish was for his mother to post on FABO. What happened the three weeks before that, that he did not buy a gift????

Id like them to be 28” over all length and to have the letters be at least 7” tall so that would be like the letter P is 7” tall and on back. Id like the same font that Plymouth used and white is what I want. Also I see that yall are chipping in a few bucks to do this which I appreciate. But Id like to pay shipping?

IF the posts by Moose's Mom are for real I hope she reads about all this and gives her son a lesson he will never forget. She said in her posts that she and her husband have been looking for a car for their son, again if that's true well I say CANCEL that idea until he man's up and makes things right.

Ok,first.....it sounds like you just want the 2 plymouth stickers right? one for each quarter panel?

anyhow I just resized everything up to the dimensions you are wanting and at 28" in width ......the OVERALL height (bottom of the Y to the top of the letters) to keep it dimensional "stock" would be about 8" but the actual height of the other letters would be around 6" . would that be fine with you? the only way I could bump the height of the letters up to 8" would be to bump the entire image size up by 2" which would make it 30" by 10".

OR I could "stretch" the height of the image to meet the 8" height you are looking for....but by doing so ,it may look "funny".

so I would either go with the 30" x 10" (8" tall letters ...the drop down of the Y is where the additional 2" is)

or go the 28" x 8" (6" letters)

anyhow.....at 28x8 it would be $40.32 per sticker at $0.18 per square inch , x 2 stickers = $80.64 + $10.00 shipping (total of $90.64 to the door.)

at 30"x10" it would be $54.00 per sticker, x 2 stickers = $108.00 +$10.00 shipping = $118.00 shipped to the door.

so you decide which sounds best for you and then we can figure out who all wants to chip in on this and we can dibby things up.

here is picture...this is what you want right?

Attachments

• plymouth2.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 127
and so far I can confirm that 2 people have PM'ed me wanting to be a part of this.....anyone else interested in doing so, please PM me.

once we know how many people are in on this than we can split the cost between us all and Ill get to work on them.

That’s the sticker but no black back drop. Just clear so or what ever so all you see is clear. or go the 28" x 8" (6" letters) this one is fine

Also since I was apart of this Secret Santa I too would like to chip in $20

ok so we will go with the 28"x8" for a total of $90.64 shipped to your door.

thats for 2 white plymouth stickers.

and yeah there will be no black background, I just used that image as an example for what it is you wanted.

the stickers will be just the word plymouth made from white vinyl and the background color will be the color of your car.

sound good?

if all is good, we can figure out who all is in on this and we can do the math and split the cost between us!.

as it stands already
Scamptramp is in for -$20.00
Snake is in for -$10.00
and Ill cover $10.00 also.

so we should have $40.00 of it.....just $50.64 left guys!

2 other members have said they are in but I have yet to hear what they want to contribute.

as soon as I find out who is contributing what i will make sure to update this thread.

when those who are interested in contributing PM me I will send them my Paypal address of where to send the money.

although this is not a MUST....it would be appreciated if those who contribute could send the money as a gift to avoid the paypal fees (being we are splitting the payments between multiple members....that means multiple sets of paypal fees:angry7:)

thanks again guys for doing this for scamptramp ,this is why FABO is above the bar compared to the rest!

Thanks Snake.....the first official $10.00 payment has been made....just waiting to hear from the others and I will keep everyone updated.

between snake and I we are currently paid up to $70.64

I will be away from my computer for a little bit but when I get back I will see if anyone has messaged me and I will keep you all up to date.

Just PM'd DD72 to include me on 72ScampTramp's Secret Santa. I don't want to see anybody go without - especially after what happened with my 'Secret Santa'. Overall this was a great success and I want to see it continue on as an annual tradition as well.
I don't like thinking negatively either, but the whole thing and the timing seemed 'fishy' to me. I wonder how many notes to school after absences were signed "Moose's Mom"? LOL

all PM's have been replied too.

Ill update as payments show up so we can keep track of things

Thank you hemiroid for pitching in $20.00

between hemiroid ,snake and myself we are currently paid up to $40.00

waiting for others to get with me and i will be sure to keep you all updated.

thanks again guys!

First let me say, thank you to those who have contributed so far.

but as of right now hold off on sending any more funds

I currently have enough to cover a bit more than the cost of the materials and shipping I am willing to do the labor at no charge to offset whats left.

I am just waiting on a PM from scamptramp to see what direction he wants to go with this and confirmation on sticker size and things of that nature.

again thank you to everyone who has jumped in on this!!! This is why fabo is the best around because we are more than just a bunch of random people pecking on keyboards....alot of us have made friendships here.

also lets not forget to all give JR a big thanks for putting this hole thing on in the first place...it has been fun and its good seeing that the christmas spirit is still lingering even weeks after christmas has ended.

I didn't realize (until a few minutes ago) that the stickers are going to be $80.64 + shipping!!

Dang ScampTramp you're going to make out like a bandit!!

I hope my Secret Santa is a deadbeat next year!! LOL

-
Back