Should I do a FABO "Secret Santa"?

• Yes, I would be interested.

Votes: 33 45.2%
  • No, not interested.

Votes: 40 54.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-
10 days after Christmas is b.s. If you had the drive to sign up have the drive to follow thru. Gifts should have been sent in time to have them well before Christmas. Damn we got our names Thanksgiving. jmho

10 days after Christmas is b.s. If you had the drive to sign up have the drive to follow thru. Gifts should have been sent in time to have them well before Christmas. Damn we got our names Thanksgiving. jmho

True... true... but you know how people are sometime. :angry7:

It came back earlier because of an misprinted address by his Santa. It was supposed to have been mailed out again on the 30th of December. I just sent a PM to find out if it had been sent.

I got my secret santa gift awhile ago but there was a problem with the gift (won't mention what or who) and I was told that I was going to receive a replacement but I never did.

however, when JR heard about what happened he was awesome enough to jump in and he sent me a HEMI christmas ornament from summit to make up for it,even though it wasnt his place to do so.

thanks again.

It came back earlier because of an misprinted address by his Santa. It was supposed to have been mailed out again on the 30th of December. I just sent a PM to find out if it had been sent.

Well as of today still nothing. I would think 10 days would be plenty of time.

Well as of today still nothing. I would think 10 days would be plenty of time.

Jr. maybe it is time you posted the results who got who, hell I did a post of my gift a with a thank you and never seen a post from the guy that received mine would like to know if he liked what I got him!

Jr.You did a great job on organizing and handling this, good job!

Kenny

I have sent the individual (possible deadbeat) an email today and a PM on Jan 5th. He has not read the PM, but has posted a few times since sent. I have made a couple post following his post, to give him a last chance to respond and send me a tracking #. I will keep you guys updated.

I have sent the individual (possible deadbeat) an email today and a PM on Jan 5th. He has not read the PM, but has posted a few times since sent. I have made a couple post following his post, to give him a last chance to respond and send me a tracking #. I will keep you guys updated.

If this guy doesn't come through and acting like nothing is happening then post his user name. Last resort of course but the humiliation is sometimes what gets them off of their butts.

Just wanted to update that I have finally heard from my santa.....around the holidays he had to go out of state for some family issues and he said that he would be sending a replacement gift. so I just wanted to make sure that everyone was aware it looks like everything is straightened out.

and the person I got a gift for contacted me by PM a week after I sent him a gift and said thank you and that he loved it.....but he never posted in this thread.

I am curious if he ever realized that it was for this secret santa and not just a random gift? HAHAHA

bummer to see scamptramp having troubles with his santa......and even a bigger bummer that one person is trying to put a sour taste in peoples mouths. This can be a good annual event but only if everyone sticks to their word and stays committed to the cause.

if you say your in because you think it wont happen,or you say your in so you get brownie points for looking like a good guy that is "a part of things" , or you say you are in when you are not in a good enough financial situation than shame on you...you should have never participated or you should have atleast been kind/honest enough to contact JR and inform him that you can't do it.

so please step up and reply to JR's messages and at the LEAST let him know what is going on.

Here is the PM I received after I emailed his address, I do not know if it BS or not:

Email I sent to him:
You need to check your PM's on FABO. If I do not hear from you, I will assume you did not send your gift and are being a deadbeat, and it will be posted as such. It has been three weeks since Christmas and 12 days since you said you sent the gift out. Please send me the tracking number as proof. I do not mean to be an @$$, but you are the only one left to send a gift and by not responding you are starting to make it pretty clear that you do not intend on sending a gift.
Thanks,
JR

What I got as a reply from him:
Dear JR, Im sorry about our sons actions, we will get the tracking code to you soon as we can find it, if nothing else we will send Mr. Scamp another one. Our sons been very busy with college and he had an accident at work. We will have a talk with him and WE will get everything settled. Very sorry for the problem.
Barbara

hmmm thats odd.

so busy and hurt that he still can find time to be active and post on other things here on fabo? but not to reply to your PM or address this thread?

sounds like a load to me.......I don't think scamp should have to wait any longer or keep having his hopes up from what could be another "empty promise"

JR if you would prefer and if scamp does not object, I will jump in as his santa.....I cant do much but something is better than nothing right?

let me know

Dear JR, Im sorry about our sons actions, we will get the tracking code to you soon as we can find it, if nothing else we will send Mr. Scamp another one. Our sons been very busy with college and he had an accident at work. We will have a talk with him and WE will get everything settled. Very sorry for the problem.
Barbara

This just gave away who it is.

Maybe he bit off more then he could chew.

it's really not so much that I didnt get a gift. If there were problems just let me know. I sent my gift and fulfilled my end of the deal. I'm considering this done. Dont hesitate to do this again next year I believe it went very well.

That's why mommies on the keyboard in the other thread. Yea right. Glad you liked your charger hc. Maybe Santa will bring me one next year. Well at least now we have closure.

hmmm thats odd.

so busy and hurt that he still can find time to be active and post on other things here on fabo? but not to reply to your PM or address this thread?

sounds like a load to me.......I don't think scamp should have to wait any longer or keep having his hopes up from what could be another "empty promise"

JR if you would prefer and if scamp does not object, I will jump in as his santa.....I cant do much but something is better than nothing right?

let me know

Yeah it sounds like some made up "poor me" type BS. If it is true ..... God bless him. If not true send his a$$ to Hell!!!

Ok that felt good....lol

I will go half with you on Scamps gift DusterDude!! Just hit me with some PMs and I will PayPal you some cash when ever you get his gift and total amount + shipping.

it's really not so much that I didnt get a gift. If there were problems just let me know. I sent my gift and fulfilled my end of the deal. I'm considering this done. Dont hesitate to do this again next year I believe it went very well.

You're going to get a gift because you up held your end of the deal bro!!

Yeah it sounds like some made up "poor me" type BS. If it is true ..... God bless him. If not true send his a$$ to Hell!!!

Ok that felt good....lol

I will go half with you on Scamps gift DusterDude!! Just hit me with some PMs and I will PayPal you some cash when ever you get his gift and total amount + shipping.

You're going to get a gift because you up held your end of the deal bro!!

Hay PM me I will add in all so, we will make it one hell of late gift.

Kenny.

-
Back